PGP: Off with the horns, on with the show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ohmy: :(

I literaly just walked into my sister's house to pick up some stuff turned on her tv set to watch a liberal-political show i can't get; the tv is set to our local news station NY1 and there was the breaking news

Nelson Mandela just died a little while ago! :ohmy:

Strength to his family, friends & colleauges there in South Africa and around the world!

:rejec t: I'm playing old skool Sims 1 again.

It reminded me of the good old days here with SG's SimU2 adventures. :cute:

: shifty: I made a Bono and Edge of course.

oh, but of course :wink:

SG's Sims rawked !!! :applaud:
Who doesn't : lol:

Screenshot-108.jpg
Screenshot-106.jpg

It annoys me to death that I can never get Edge's goatee look as good as the real thing. And I couldn't find his kind of earring. The haircolor of both looks darker becuase its night-time obviously.

BIG :applaud:

here i fixed this for you, chork....
B....Bu...bu...bu..bu...bu...but they have clothes on and they're....they're... not touching. :sad: :D

:lol: :wink:

Passing of Mandela feels like the saddest news this year for me ... :sad: Still feels very sudden.

Ordinary love was doing great on the radio here but its exploding now and on top of the Itunes and youtube charts.
Creepy timing

some memories re Mandela and South Africa's change i related in fym

the songs >Sun City, Freedom (peter Gabriel), Silver & Gold and the (ANC?) African freedom anthem all wafting through my head as the tv shows photos, videos of his life and

sure he was very ill but i thought he'd rallied one more time for a while longer

had the amazing experience of seeing him when he visited NYC going to the UN wow!

omg!! the person on TV just reminded me..... :ohmy:

i went down to the UN on one of the days when all So Africans here in the NYC tri-state area were then able to vote ... their were tents, long lines, it was a beautiful warming Spring day

And I couldn't stop smiling ....my cheeks hurt!

i made drawings of it (b/c didn't have film)!

there is much left to do.... but oh how he helped usher in such great change!

So many things going on right now that are making me crazy. I've barely been able to get on the internet the last few days, I'm feeling very annoyed. :grumpy: My internet connection can barely stay connected for a minute at a time. After hours of phone calls and dealing with probably every single employee of multiple companies transferring me back and forth because the problem wasn't their department, then finally replacing my modem, and it's even WORSE now... now my cable company says they think I need another different modem, but they can't bring it until Sunday night. :mad:

Our bathtub decided to back up today and we only have one bathroom in our house so all day without a shower has made me grumpy, and I couldn't get a plumber until tomorrow, which is when I also have someone coming to do some repairs on the walls and repainting my bathroom. :doh: Hope they all have fun in that closet-sized space working together. :scream:

On top of that, both my parents (who are in different nursing homes in different parts of the city) took falls on the same night and were sent to the ER in different hospitals. I received one call at 10 pm and the other call at 4 am. :crack: They're both ok now, but suffered various minor injuries requiring stitches and subsequent hospital visits, etc.

What's the saying, when it rains it pours? :scream:

On a good note... had a fab fun day at Disneyland with my kids yesterday, and my vinyl copy of Ordinary Love arrived in the mail. :D

^Comet, I'm so sorry to hear about all the stuff going on at the moment. I'm glad to hear your folks are ok. I'm sending speedy recovery thoughts your way. Just remember to take deep breaths. It's all going to be ok.

Sound like a pretty shitty day. I could send you some chocolate pepernoten and chocolateletters , form our dutch holiday "sinterklaas"
They are really good and would make you feel better. I don't know I'f I'm allowed to send them though, since its food and all.

Glad to hear your parents are doing okay under circumstances.
Hang in there, and maybe one of those plumber guys will look like this:

anotheroneofmyidioticphotoshops.jpg

:lol::lol:

needed that to cheer me up too :hug:

it´s our 96th independence day, a sad day as too many died back then

war sucks

:hug: Comet. I hope everybody stays well through the holidays.

:lol:

I like that picture of Edge. That's what all the hot guys where I live look like. :shifty: Did I mention that I live in Lumberjackville? On a note related to that picture, I'm planning a little natural-beard spam for the Edge thread later today. woot!

Yeah , Bono looks a bit odd, but I didn't take the time to find a better picture for him.
:giggle:

Glad it cheered some people up :lol::hug:

Independence day is always impressive. We celebrate ours on the 4th and the 5th of may. The first day is for remembering our lost soldiers and allies.
The second for the celebration of freedom. So its 1 day of sad, one day of celebration. Think its a very good way.

How do they remember/celebrate in your country? I'm curious about that.
If you don't mind me asking.

Not a celebration really, more like mourning the lost ones who died for our independence. Of course there are official celebrations and so on but it´s more like remembering the lost ones on both sides.

Hang in there Comet, it will get better. :hug:

So sad to hear about Mandela's passing, I agree the timing is creepy. GMA showed many many clips today, and I just happened to see a pic of Mandela w/Elevation Bono, blue shades and all. :up:

Also saw a statement from Prince William, who was at the London movie premiere w/Princess Kate...anyone know/hear if B and/or the guys were there as well? Doubtful as they are supposed to be in NYC finishing work at Elec Lady, but who knows? :shrug:

I will not be surprised if Bono attends the funeral. Has he made any sort of 'official' statement yet? Seen quite a few on news from various officials and celebs so far.

They just aired Ordinary Love on our national news broadcast now. Its still on top of the charts and therefore its even a bigger hit than any of the NLOTH singles.
Wonder if U2 will play it live. Maybe around the time of the funeral. It deserves to be played live at least once. :pray:

Thinking that funeral is sadly going to be messy, maybe not at start but later as people will fight over about where he will be buried :(

I'm more afraid of a random idiot with stupid motives trying to blow himself up in a massive crowd or something. :|

Yeah I hope they are adequately prepared, security-wise. :|

In non-Mandela news, Mr CK's job held their annual company Xmas party today. Strictly in-house, employee-only. Catered by a local restaurant, of which I was insanely jealous.

...Until he came home. Not only did he get his bonus check (as well as it being payday!), he got a Walmart gift card, will be getting a jacket w/the company logo on it, AND he won something at the Chinese-style auction! They had 35 different prizes/gift baskets...

He won me a $278 Coach handbag! :faint:

I told him I dont need a Christmas present for about the next five years now. :hyper: I never win ANYTHING, so this was a huge shock! I have a couple wee Coach clutches (gifts from my mom a few years ago), but I've never ever owned something this awesome!!! I'm dying!

So many things going on right now that are making me crazy. I've barely been able to get on the internet the last few days, I'm feeling very annoyed. :grumpy: My internet connection can barely stay connected for a minute at a time. After hours of phone calls and dealing with probably every single employee of multiple companies transferring me back and forth because the problem wasn't their department, then finally replacing my modem, and it's even WORSE now... now my cable company says they think I need another different modem, but they can't bring it until Sunday night. :mad:

Our bathtub decided to back up today and we only have one bathroom in our house so all day without a shower has made me grumpy, and I couldn't get a plumber until tomorrow, which is when I also have someone coming to do some repairs on the walls and repainting my bathroom. :doh: Hope they all have fun in that closet-sized space working together. :scream:

On top of that, both my parents (who are in different nursing homes in different parts of the city) took falls on the same night and were sent to the ER in different hospitals. I received one call at 10 pm and the other call at 4 am. :crack: They're both ok now, but suffered various minor injuries requiring stitches and subsequent hospital visits, etc.

What's the saying, when it rains it pours? :scream:

On a good note... had a fab fun day at Disneyland with my kids yesterday, and my vinyl copy of Ordinary Love arrived in the mail. :D

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

I'm more afraid of a random idiot with stupid motives trying to blow himself up in a massive crowd or something. :|

That would be horrible. I really hope they take the right precautions to prevent it.

comet, I'm sorry to hear of all the stuff you've had to deal with this week. I hope things get better very soon. :hug:

CK, some people are just lucky like that--glad you benefited from it! :hyper:

Everyone else, I hope all is okay with you! :love:

Lol, I'm in the queue for Depeche mode right now, its like 360 all over again, numbering ayatema, line nazis, camping out ... only this time its during wintertime, and te line organiser sucks. so I didnt get a number.

Only U2 fans are super organized about GA, lol. I remember camping out for HP movie releases and judging the quality of the organization to U2. :lol:

Am hoping I get to experience GA magic myself this upcoming tour! :pray:
(Although, the age-old decision; GA spots or band meet & greets?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom