PGP: los pantalones en el fuego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How short is your autumn? :yikes: I hear about your winters and feel so bad for you guys. Must be horrible to have so little sun throughout the year.

leafs are starting to fall from trees now, but gotta admit that I love season changes

ruska_ainola.jpg

but cold + snow I absolutely cant stand lol, specially when it lasts like 7 months

fuck_winter.jpg

Finnish weather explained

+15°C / 59°F
This is as warm as it gets in Finland, so we'll start here.
People in Spain wears winter-coats and gloves.
The Finns are out in the sun, getting a tan.

+10°C / 50°F
The French are trying in vain to start their central heating.
The Finns plant flowers in their gardens.

+5°C / 41°F
Italian cars won't start.
The Finns are cruising in cabriolets.

0°C / 32°F
Distilled water freezes.
The water in the Vanda river (in Finland) gets a little thicker.

-5°C / 23°F
People in California almost freeze to death.
The Finns have their final barbecue before winter.

-10°C / 14°F
The Brits start the heat in their houses.
The Finns start using long sleeves.

-20°C / -4°F
The Aussies flee from Mallorca.
The Finns end their Midsummer celebrations. Autumn is here.

-30°C / -22°F
People in Greece die from the cold and disappear from the face of the earth.
The Finns start drying their laundry indoors.

-40°C / -40°F
Paris start cracking in the cold.
The Finns stand in line at the "grilli-kioski".

-50°C / -58°F
Polar bears start evacuating the North Pole.
The Finnish army postpones their winter survival training awaiting real winter weather.

-60°C / -76°F
Korvatunturi (the home for Santa Claus) freezes.
The Finns rent a movie and stay indoors.

-70°C / -94°F
The false Santa moves south.
The Finns get frustrated since they can't store their Kossu (Koskenkorva vodka) outdoors.
The Finnish army goes out on winter survival training.

-183°C / -297.4°F
Microbes in food don't survive.
The Finnish cows complain that the farmers' hands are cold.

-273°C / -459.4°F
All atom-based movent halts.
The Finns start saying "Perkele, it's cold outside today."

-300°C / -508°F
Hell freezes over.
Finland wins the Eurovision Song Contest.
(Yes I know this is redundant after Lordi's hitorical 2006 victory!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JJAsi said:
leafs are starting to fall from trees now, but gotta admit that I love season changes

but cold + snow I absolutely cant stand lol, specially when it lasts like 7 months

+15°C / 59°F

+10°C / 50°F

+5°C / 41°F

0°C / 32°F
Distilled water freezes.

-5°C / 23°F

-10°C / 14°F

-20°C / -4°F

-30°C / -22°F

-40°C / -40°F

-50°C / -58°F
The Finnish army postpones their winter survival training awaiting real winter weather.

-60°C / -76°F

-70°C / -94°F
The Finns get frustrated since they can't store their Kossu (Koskenkorva vodka) outdoors.

-183°C / -297.4°F

-273°C / -459.4°F

-300°C / -508°F
Hell freezes over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL
So you're from Finland, that's cool. I'm from Sweden, right now I'm kinda glad that our weather is better than yours :p

Morning all. I actually had to work this morning. Don't they know I have a hurricane to track?

So, Non-U2 stuff - I'm under a hurricane watch. Whee. The storm is likely to shift more east from the original NY/Mass border prediction. Right now they have the center crossing Worcester. Hurricane force winds can extend 100 miles from the center and I'm 50 miles from Worcester and less than 100 miles from south shore.

U2 stuff, on my road trip to Moncton my iTouch suffered a sad death at the hands of spilled Coke. So, we had to listen to the CDs my friend had in her car. One was the U2 rarities which I have but never listened to. I heard Beautiful Ghost for the first time. My friend tried to change it saying she hated the song. OH MY GOD. Talk about smurfability. Bono's voice unhinges me in ways I cannot describe in that song. :drool:

Hey guys. Finding some friends, wishing the people here who liked punk music were more friendly...I'm definitely doing better than yesterday though.

Morning all. I actually had to work this morning. Don't they know I have a hurricane to track?

So, Non-U2 stuff - I'm under a hurricane watch. Whee. The storm is likely to shift more east from the original NY/Mass border prediction. Right now they have the center crossing Worcester. Hurricane force winds can extend 100 miles from the center and I'm 50 miles from Worcester and less than 100 miles from south shore.

U2 stuff, on my road trip to Moncton my iTouch suffered a sad death at the hands of spilled Coke. So, we had to listen to the CDs my friend had in her car. One was the U2 rarities which I have but never listened to. I heard Beautiful Ghost for the first time. My friend tried to change it saying she hated the song. OH MY GOD. Talk about smurfability. Bono's voice unhinges me in ways I cannot describe in that song. :drool:

Beautiful Ghost is the first song on my CD mix called Smoothy Bono. :drool: I always listen to that cd in my car if I want to annoy hubby. :lol: It has all the songs I think he sounds sooooo sexy on. (yeah I know that's like all songs right?) but it has the duets with Sinatra and Bennett and things like that. Gah. Anyway yeah hubby hates those. :giggle: (He has nothing against sexy Bono he just doesn't like that type of music)

Morning. This day has been insanely nutty so far. :crack: Thank jeebus it's Friday. I'm so ready for a weekend. I'm so glad my friend dropped by with coffee for me this morning. It was definitely needed! :drool:

I need to Stop, Drop and Roll now.

:lol:

Yeah, he's soooo playing hard to get. :lol:

It has, but the site is still a place where fans put U2 related stuff and write messages or something. :) A bunch of people from this site went there last year I think.

Yeah I've been there a few times, so reading that makes me horribly sad. :( Growing up near the desert you learn to respect the danger. And how fast it can happen if you aren't careful. Many years ago when my hubby was young (and stupid) he once went by himself on a walk foolishly thinking he knew the way so well and would go right back. He ended up getting lost for hours, and said he really knew that was it, he was going to die as he felt his body just start shutting down and he knew he didn't have much time left. By some miracle he suddenly found a road in the middle of nowhere and was able to follow it to a main road. And he grew up around here too, and knew the area of desert very well and had been there many many times. :|

:lol: Jesus guys, I'm gone for ONE day and there's 30 new pages?
Cuz we're awesome like that. :wink:

Too much is not enough.

It's two hot men in leather, with the hottest one biting the one pretending not to care. How could we not love it? :combust:
:combust:

:lol: Seagulls sure have guts. And tend to be kleptomanic.
Seagulls are fun to annoy. Not that I've ever done that.... :shifty:

I'm watching You've Got Mail for the 2nd time in less than a week. Why do I not own this movie? It's so adorable. Yay for libraries though. :love:
You've Got Mail ftw!

+15°C / 59°F

+10°C / 50°F

+5°C / 41°F

0°C / 32°F
Distilled water freezes.

-5°C / 23°F

-10°C / 14°F

-20°C / -4°F

-30°C / -22°F

-40°C / -40°F

-50°C / -58°F

-60°C / -76°F

-70°C / -94°F

-183°C / -297.4°F

-273°C / -459.4°F

-300°C / -508°F
Hell freezes over.

:wave: Hi Grace. Hope everything's ok!

Beautiful Ghost :drool:

Garden ready for winter, hedgehog nests in place, extra stuff for pheasans to make a nest done too, annoying buggers ( I´m, prolly gonna complaint all winter bout em screaming, but just lovely birds :lol: )

now I only need a pill to sleep through winter and wake up like, uhm, june :|:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom