PGP: I'm Dreaming of a U2 Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here's my beautiful boy...King Wesley the 1st. He ripped apart his favorite mouse so he's supervising my mom in the pic as she performed surgery.

IMG_5536-1.jpg

Awwwwww :cute:! Wesley's an adorable name for a cat :).

And hey, your cat looks like mine! Check it out:

Kitty3.jpg

I know lots of people that have a Kitty. My friend has a pug named Pugsley. :cute: But I think Kitty is an acceptable name for a girl cat.

Ah, really? Well, that makes me feel a bit better, then.

Pugsley. That's cute.

Also, hey, Dazz :wave:! How was your trip?

Wesley has always been my favorite boy name ever too....but for an animal. No clue why other than my favorite park as a kid was Wesley park. I always wanted a Wheaton terrier and thought for sure I would name him Wesley but when I saw little "Harvey" at the shelter I knew instantly he would be my Wesley. They only had him for a month, and he was under a year when they received him as a stray. I made sure to ask if they named him Harvey or if that was the name he came with. They said he was nameless when he came in so I felt ok with changing him to Wesley. And boy does he know his name. I think he's part dog because he's the only cat that I've ever seen come when his name is called. Also if I "yes" in conversation sometimes he'll respond because he must have thought I said Wes :) I :heart: him so much. He's so goofy and so cute. Can't imagine life without him. Oh and one more thing...he's a Bono kitty. The shelter received him on May 10, 2010 so they put his bday down as May 10, 2009. But my vet told me on his first visit right after I got him in June 2010 that there's no way he was a year yet. She said he was probably born in August. So maybe he's an Edge kitty instead :flirt:

here's my beautiful boy...King Wesley the 1st. He ripped apart his favorite mouse so he's supervising my mom in the pic as she performed surgery.

IMG_5536-1.jpg
:cute: He is gorgeous! And quite attentive to people who touch his toys, it looks like.

I can't wait until we move into our house this summer... my mom says I can get a male cat after we move and settle in.

It's been almost a year, but I still miss my Jamie. It's not so bad anymore, though.

Nice kittehs ML & arw

mostly a great trip, ML. :up:
details when i have time and on a consistent Net connection

Disappointed that that Paul Hewson guy and his 3 buds weren't busking on Constitution Ave :sad:

:wink:
:hug: Yea, by the time I got up on Monday, the Inauguration was already over.

I was all, WTF?!?!? But then I remembered I'm on Mountain Time, so everything in the east happens two hours earlier. :crack:

:giggle: tara ah, well

A friend (a Obama supporter) who was up waaay too late too much....
... turns on the TV Mon and not quite looking at the screen hears Prs Obama speaking and wonders.... 'what's he speaking about now?'

and then suddenly it was like :ohmy::ohmy: 'OOOoooh.... THAT Speech!'

:lol::lol::lol: She'd totally forgotten about The Inauguration.

I'm going to ask a question and if it's like, taboo or what not, I'll come back here and edit it out...

...but what the hell happened to YDW and her fics? J/W

I'm going to ask a question and if it's like, taboo or what not, I'll come back here and edit it out...

...but what the hell happened to YDW and her fics? J/W

She's alive and well, but doesn't come here anymore. She also removed all her fics because she felt uncomfortable putting real people in stories, but she's still writing, just with the names changed. As far as I know, she's rewriting some of her more popular fics, but I don't know when or if she'll post them anywhere. I know in the recent past she came here to answer some questions in the fanfic threads, and I believe she said she she didn't have plans to post them. I could ask her about it. She's a "real life" friend, but she knows I don't read the fics :reject: so I don't really know her plans for them.

And I don't think there's anything taboo about asking that! :hmm:

She's alive and well, but doesn't come here anymore. She also removed all her fics because she felt uncomfortable putting real people in stories, but she's still writing, just with the names changed. As far as I know, she's rewriting some of her more popular fics, but I don't know when or if she'll post them anywhere. I know in the recent past she came here to answer some questions in the fanfic threads, and I believe she said she she didn't have plans to post them. I could ask her about it. She's a "real life" friend, but she knows I don't read the fics :reject: so I don't really know her plans for them.

I was just randomly thinking about it tonight. I vaguely remember this now. The fact that the one never ended, as far as I can recall. It's pretty much the only U2 fanfic I've ever read, it was just generally a fine story. I hope the bet for her, I can understand her feelings, honestly, it's a bit uncomfortable reading them :lol:, and this is coming from a huge fanfic nerd.

Thanks for the info!

I was just randomly thinking about it tonight. I vaguely remember this now. The fact that the one never ended, as far as I can recall. It's pretty much the only U2 fanfic I've ever read, it was just generally a fine story. I hope the bet for her, I can understand her feelings, honestly, it's a bit uncomfortable reading them :lol:, and this is coming from a huge fanfic nerd.

Thanks for the info!

She might have finished the one you mentioned... :hmm: I could ask. I just have no clue personally. I can definitely understand being curious about an unfinished fic though! I do like a few myself, and yeah I would want to know how they ended!

She might have finished the one you mentioned... :hmm: I could ask. I just have no clue personally. I can definitely understand being curious about an unfinished fic though! I do like a few myself, and yeah I would want to know how they ended!

Unfinished fan fiction is the bane of my nerdy existence

Random visit to blurt out that the new depeche mode album has just been announced!
I have been waiting for this baby :drool: Omygoood exited. First single will be out next week.
So praying that its going to be gooooood.

Disregard this , I'm home alone atm and have the need to blurt my excitement out everywhere.:loveshower::cabbagepatch:

The now here is disparaging now, we had 3 days of sun, and today is no difference.
I'm going to miss the snow , but having the sun on the windows is nice again.

Diary of the Downcast!!! That one was almost finished but she never did. Man I loved YDW's stories.

So Bono Was in My drawers was hilarious too. Never finished either.

Rose's Diary was great, did finish. Great tear jerker.

:hmm: What other stories of her can I recall. My brain's a bit fuzzy. But if she ever wants to share the stories again, I'd love to read them once more. Especially DOTD. :sad:

Awwwwww :cute:! Wesley's an adorable name for a cat :).

And hey, your cat looks like mine! Check it out:

Kitty3.jpg

so cute! :heart: I love gray and white kitties with pink noses and a big fluffy white tummy. I cannot resist that white tummy. Luckily for me Wesley loves a good belly rub. :drool: I was on a crazy mission to find a gray/white when I was on my cat search. The second I met Wesley I knew we were meant to be. He's so freaking cute but he's also so funny too. He has a great personality, such a busy body troublemaker. If only he would stop playing and sit on my lap for just 5 minutes a day....

Diary of the Downcast!!! That one was almost finished but she never did. Man I loved YDW's stories.

So Bono Was in My drawers was hilarious too. Never finished either.

Rose's Diary was great, did finish. Great tear jerker.

:hmm: What other stories of her can I recall. My brain's a bit fuzzy. But if she ever wants to share the stories again, I'd love to read them once more. Especially DOTD. :sad:

I'll pass along your thoughts. Doesn't hurt to keep letting her know she still has fans waiting for the conclusions of those fics!

I'll pass along your thoughts. Doesn't hurt to keep letting her know she still has fans waiting for the conclusions of those fics!

Tell her I miss her, man we haven't talked in forever. :( I used to consider her a friend of mine on here, until she disappeared off the face of the earth one day and then all the fics were gone. I wish I could've saved them so I can re read them once more.

Even if she's not finishing them, it'd still be nice to read as far as she got y'know. Simply because her writing style was THAT good.

Unfinished fan fiction is the bane of my nerdy existence

Haha, same. It's SO frustrating when you're getting into a really good story and then...nothing. Sometimes it's 'cause people are busy and all that, which I totally get and understand, but still.

Good to hear an update about YDW, I'm glad she's doing well. There was a U2 story, I believe it was by her, that I was so freaking into years ago-the band members were, like, vagrants or something like that, traveling from place to place, and they meet up with this girl and Bono falls for her. But she's got an uber-strict, abusive father and she's lived a deeply sheltered life and everything, and Bono helps kinda coax her out of that life and tries to save her. I can't remember what the name of that story was now, but I absolutely LOVED it. And then we lost internet and I moved and by the time I came back to try and find it again, it wasn't up anymore. But if she's managed to finish that at all, and it's out there, I really would like to catch up on that story and save it or something.

Love the kitty pics up there! :cute: Such good lookin' cats.

so cute! :heart: I love gray and white kitties with pink noses and a big fluffy white tummy. I cannot resist that white tummy. Luckily for me Wesley loves a good belly rub. :drool: I was on a crazy mission to find a gray/white when I was on my cat search. The second I met Wesley I knew we were meant to be. He's so freaking cute but he's also so funny too. He has a great personality, such a busy body troublemaker. If only he would stop playing and sit on my lap for just 5 minutes a day....

Thanks :). Yeah, they're adorable little things. Our cat is also so weird and funny, she makes me laugh all the time with the strange stuff she does (she's taken to laying on top of a suitcase of ours lately on occasion). And then when I'm laughing she gives me a look like, "What? This makes total sense." She loves belly rubs, too, I love it when she lays like she does in the photo and she's got that "Scratch my tummy!" look on her face. And then sometimes, when I'm scratching her stomach, she'll take her little paws and push my hand away to let me know I'm done (and if I move them before she wants me to, then she grabs at my hand really quick. She's got fast reflexes).

Ours likes to sit on our laps, particularly my mom's. She runs to the door when she hears my mom (or me) come home from work, and she cuddles up next to my mom in her bed practically every night. She's got her little spot and conks out there. And then on days when I'm home and my mom's at work, she'll come out and jump up next to me, like, "My mommy's gone, so I'm going to cuddle with you, okay?" I like it when she purrs, she sounds soooooo happy and she gets a big smile on her face and everything.

Tara, WOO, lucky you! What kind are you getting?

I know I am guilty of starting a couple of fan fics in my time ( one was House fanfic) and not finishing it. I used to be the people commenting "Please finish this!"

It sucks being guilty and seeing those comments on your own story :(

Oh, yeah, it happens to everyone who writes fanfic stories. I shared snippets from something I was working on once on a site and I never did get around to actually publishing the chapters of the story I had written out (part of that was due to me suddenly losing my internet for the better part of the year, though, and by the time I came back that site wasn't as active as it used to be). Like I said, I certainly understand that things come up and whatnot that can halt your writing, I don't hold that against the authors at all. But I also definitely understand the readers' sentiments, too. I would say that I'd consider it a compliment, though, if my story was so good that people were begging me to finish it.

My big problem right now is that I've got some fanfic ideas kicking around in my head or I have sketched out some form of an outline and story idea and all that, but I have yet to actually write them. For some reason lately I've just not had the focus to sit down and actually write anything, fanfiction or otherwise. Which I really need/want to change.

:wave::wave:

have some important art projects going!
wish me luck (it's for a open call mini 3 day or 1 week show) trying to
get some stuff done :panic::panic: :wink: mail post-mark latest Feb 3! :panic:

Been thinking of ideas/themes, wrote or lightly made "thumbnails", buying any bit of new supplies needed - including accidently found there was such a thing as a light-weight wood drawingboard (it is) which i bought with my Blick 40% coupon- for the past 2+ weeks.

Today I finally had the time, energy to start working on actually good paper etc. Got another idea or 2 from one of my themes. It's good in the sense that with enought ideas, if one doesn't work out i can jump to another.

Back
Top Bottom