PGP: I'll have my Bono without the mandals please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh dear.

Can't let that stress me out.

I don't even quite understand how that works. So someone decides they're going to be the Line Guru, and declares themself as such. Then how does word get out? How do people know the line has started, or even know where to go?

Quoting from other thread

And these :love:

bonodenverfans15-2011.jpg

bonodenverfans25-2011.jpg

um... a;lskdfj;alskdfja;sldkfj;alsdkf (as long as you block the footwear :rolleyes: ) I'm not even gonna pretend to make excuses about being a Larry Girl this time. He looks great.

Oh dear.

Can't let that stress me out.

I don't even quite understand how that works. So someone decides they're going to be the Line Guru, and declares themself as such. Then how does word get out? How do people know the line has started, or even know where to go?

The first person there is usually a die hard fan who has led the line before. THey have a notebook. People usually stop by the stadium the evening before to check out the situation. If that person is there already, you put your name in their notebook and are given a number on your hand. They'll either say you have to stay to maintain your spot or they'll say be back by 6am or something and if you're not back by then you lose your spot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't *coughrosebowlcough*

Ha. Yeah, I've heard the horror stories.

I'll definitely be swinging by on Friday. I was planning on maybe working that morning, and then hanging out by the stadium for a while, to see if there was any soundchecking or anything going on.

I'll have to connect with my GA crew and see what the plan is going to be. Should those of us who are able to go ahead and put our names on the list? Or should we all wait until we're all together in the morning and hope for the best? I'm sure the line leader wouldn't let us put down names of those not there - that wouldn't be fair.

Of course, even if we're not all together number-wise, we can still hang out together in line and can likely be pretty close to one another in the show.

I'll have to send out an FB message to plan; I know flights are getting in at different times on Friday, some not until later at night (although I think she was already assuming she'd be further back in line due to their later arrival).

Guess we'll see what happens!

Ha. Yeah, I've heard the horror stories.

I'll definitely be swinging by on Friday. I was planning on maybe working that morning, and then hanging out by the stadium for a while, to see if there was any soundchecking or anything going on.

I'll have to connect with my GA crew and see what the plan is going to be. Should those of us who are able to go ahead and put our names on the list? Or should we all wait until we're all together in the morning and hope for the best? I'm sure the line leader wouldn't let us put down names of those not there - that wouldn't be fair.

Of course, even if we're not all together number-wise, we can still hang out together in line and can likely be pretty close to one another in the show.

I'll have to send out an FB message to plan; I know flights are getting in at different times on Friday, some not until later at night (although I think she was already assuming she'd be further back in line due to their later arrival).

Guess we'll see what happens!

If you are positive you all want to stand together, you'll need to line up together. And no, you can't put other ppls names on the list who aren't there. Actually, I take that back. One line leader let the guy in front of me put his 2 buddies and his wife on there and they showed up at 3pm. :rolleyes:

And yes, even if you don't have numbers together, you can still hang out in line with them. As long as everyone goes back to their "rightful spot" when you get ready to go in.

God, why are U2 fans so ridiculous????

I figured that was the case. I'm just bummed that the numbers are getting up so high a full day before the show.

What is this - South America???? :wink:

Okay. I just have to be zen about it. Most of the people ahead of us will probably go right to the pit. Some to the front of pit, some to the back of pit. Many will go to outer rail, right in the center. There will be plenty of room for us. Plenty of room. It's a huge place, there's plenty of room.

:zen: :zen: :zen:

Yes, zen is good. There will be plenty of room for us in Seattle. :yes: Maybe people will be true Seattleites, and be super laid back, and we'll end up higher up in the numbers in line. :D

That's what I'm hoping, but jeez, I would have thought the same about SLC. :lol:

But maybe not much exciting happens in Utah, so people flock to anything remotely fun and cool. :wink:

A lot of people do go for the outer rail, and remember, the pit holds 2000 people!

*trying to calm myself down about Sunday*:crack:

Quoting from other thread

um... a;lskdfj;alskdfja;sldkfj;alsdkf (as long as you block the footwear :rolleyes: ) I'm not even gonna pretend to make excuses about being a Larry Girl this time. He looks great.

Hey I didn't know you speak Dutch! :ohmy:

:wink:

The first person there is usually a die hard fan who has led the line before. THey have a notebook. People usually stop by the stadium the evening before to check out the situation. If that person is there already, you put your name in their notebook and are given a number on your hand. They'll either say you have to stay to maintain your spot or they'll say be back by 6am or something and if you're not back by then you lose your spot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't *coughrosebowlcough*

At the Rose Bowl I was first in my Red Zone line. We sat there for hours before anyone else showed up. Later on a girl came and started numbering people so she gave me a 1. Not that that made one iota of difference to the hoardes of people who showed up 5 minutes before they opened the gates and pushed their way right in front of us. :lol:

It seems feathers are gettin' ruffled in the pic thread over pic posting. :rolleyes: (not that this photographer has complained or anything but I'm bein' paranoid.)
But it must be posted :reject:
A. I don't own this pic.
B. The photographers name is clearly wm'ed on the pic.
C. Bono... omg. :faint:

BonoomgAdamDenver2-21-2011.jpg

:drool:

I'm sorry, but if you're that concerned about people not linking to or copy/pasting your pictures, then either learn the privacy settings to protect them, or at least give the person a chance to remove the link/picture before totally freaking out about it.

A lot of people do go for the outer rail, and remember, the pit holds 2000 people!

*trying to calm myself down about Sunday*:crack:

Like I said, if all you want is the pit, you're FFFFFIIIIIIINNNNNNNE. It's those rail spots that are coveted.

and what cori said. Why post your pics where people you don't know can see them if you don't want them to be seen /copied/re-posted.

Hey I didn't know you speak Dutch! :ohmy:

:wink:

At the Rose Bowl I was first in my Red Zone line. We sat there for hours before anyone else showed up. Later on a girl came and started numbering people so she gave me a 1. Not that that made one iota of difference to the hoardes of people who showed up 5 minutes before they opened the gates and pushed their way right in front of us. :lol:

:giggle:about the Dutch thing.
and I STILL get pissed off about everything about that Rose Bowl line thing. I nearly punched someone that day. :gah:

I need a rail spot. :crazy:

Honestly, I'm not even sure that it would be worth lining up all day if I'm even in the second row back from one of the rails.

Unless the person in front of me is super short, which has happened once or twice, to my utter delight. :lol:

But, if it doesn't work out the way I'd hoped, then I'll just go with it. I'll have to, because the alternative is to sulk, and bish, PLEASE, that is not going to happen.

A rail would definitely be ideal for me too. I'll need something to lean up against, because I know my legs are gonna get sore and tired. :lol: But if it doesn't happen, no big deal. I'll probably just whip out my poncho, and sit my ass down on that. :lol:

I need a rail spot. :crazy:

Honestly, I'm not even sure that it would be worth lining up all day if I'm even in the second row back from one of the rails.

Unless the person in front of me is super short, which has happened once or twice, to my utter delight. :lol:

But, if it doesn't work out the way I'd hoped, then I'll just go with it. I'll have to, because the alternative is to sulk, and bish, PLEASE, that is not going to happen.

you and me? We are like, soul sistas. I feel 'zactly the same way. :hi5:

A rail would definitely be ideal for me too. I'll need something to lean up against, because I know my legs are gonna get sore and tired. :lol: But if it doesn't happen, no big deal. I'll probably just whip out my poncho, and sit my ass down on that. :lol:

I've sat before the bands start, between opener and u2 and, yes, during the opener. At one point during some opening band in '09 I was so tired and dehydrated I had to sit. But I was on the rail and I just leaned against it and nobody minded.

Back
Top Bottom