PGP - If your down we'll pick you up with Dr. Robert,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw the Dr for my check-up today, he was really happy with how well I've done over the summer to lose weight and get my cholesterol levels down with diet and exercise :happy: so I avoided having another prescription to deal with, plus I'm looking better and feeling better than I had in a very long time :D

Sad_Girl said:
Saw the Dr for my check-up today, he was really happy with how well I've done over the summer to lose weight and get my cholesterol levels down with diet and exercise :happy: so I avoided having another prescription to deal with, plus I'm looking better and feeling better than I had in a very long time :D

It's the Dr. Gav effect :sexywink:

You've done so well getting to your goal :yes: :applaud:

Hi Wild, Thora, SG, YDW :hug::hug:

Oooh Thora I want to know what happened! But I can't get PMs. :( Oh well. Glad to hear it went well though, maybe I can hear about it later.

I thought about showing you all a pic of me but then I didn't want all of your computers to crash. ;)

WildHoney said:

You didn't travel back on Dr. Robert's Love Bus did you :lol:

Who is Dr. Roberts? :reject:

I'm fine - I think it's just the constant staring at the computer screen. :lol:

kat, if you want to put your email up here and then edit it out a minute or so later, I'm happy to email you! :)

I'd love to see a pic of you!

Dr. Robert and his Love Bus :drool:

18019592oz9.jpg

Kat :hyper: picture, picture! :wink:

Wild :lol: well, if your hair comes out too dark you can make the best of it just pretend to be a different woman for awhile :wink:

:uhoh: I've had my share of messed up hair issues :yikes: so I hope it turns out well for you

Okay Thora! You can any of you email me, entertain me... hehe!

I'm trying to plan when would be a good time of year to arrive in Canada. And where I could work when I get there. My mum doesn't want to talk about it cause she doesn't want me to go, so I'll be talking here instead, hehe, sorry!

:lol: sorry Kat, I don't know a lot about Canada - except that I've visited Toronto a couple of times, once in the spring and once in September and loved it both times :yes:

True, Wild! But since I am going for a year I'm trying to judge what would be best! Cause I don't want to miss too many birthdays of my family and also I quite fancy being able to travel when it's not winter, for example!

chickadee said:
True, Wild! But since I am going for a year I'm trying to judge what would be best! Cause I don't want to miss too many birthdays of my family and also I quite fancy being able to travel when it's not winter, for example!

I know what you mean :yes:

What about looking at a tourist Information site or asking some of our resident Canadians :drool:

One day i'll get to do my trip through the Rockies :drool:

My aunt said she'd love to emigrate to Canada, It better be Toronto if she does :shifty:

Yep I want to go to Vancouver. Mainly because it's by the sea, and I love being by the sea! I hope to visit Toronto too, though. I have a friend there I'd love to meet.

Trip through the Rockies sounds amazing, Wild. I have an ambition to go to Alaska and see the Northern Lights, I am intrigued by going there! Yeah, I'm weird!

Anyone who has seen an Ocean and likes the water really should see the Great Lakes at some point in their life, Kat - there is something really remarkable about a Sea-sized body of FRESH water

then again, living right in the middle of them, I may be a little biased :wink:

we can see the northern lights, here, too, by the way :wink:

Oh yeah I'd love to see the Great Lakes too, SG! Honestly, if I end up in Canada for a year I plan to do a lot of travelling, depending on money of course! We have lots of lochs here, not as big but I know they are gorgeous, too! I just like the sea air. Cause I live by the sea already, so I'm biased too ;)

We saw the Northern Lights here once, since we are pretty far north. I have a thing about going to Alaska, I don't know why!

Alaska is a truly unique place, Kat - I wasn't arguing against it, just pointing out those facts about Michigan :wink:

I don't have particularly strong feelings about seeing Alaska one way or the other - there are some things about it which fascinate me, but not as many as a lot of other places. I think maybe the smilarities are close enough to home, and some of the differences are ones that lean toward things I don't like as much (the cold :no: !! )

My dad was stationed there when he was in the Army in the late 1960's and seems to have liked it a lot - but he wasn't crazy about the periods of time when it would be daylight for days on end and you had to put thick blankets over the windows to sleep at night and vice versa when it would be nightitme for days and the lack of light would make everyone groggy

Oh I know you weren't, SG! That's not what I meant. I just can't think of a real reason why I want to go there! There's just too much to see, that's the problem. if I had infinite time and money I'd go to every state in the US and then wherever else I wanted, but sadly I haven't won the lottery :( unlike a woman here who just won £35 million on the euro lottery...

I'm weird in that I am interested in going to cold places. Not like, Antarctica (although that would be awesome for the penguins!) but maybe it's a Scottish thing, I want to go back to Iceland and see it properly and also Norway and Finland.

chickadee said:
Oh yeah I'd love to see the Great Lakes too, SG! Honestly, if I end up in Canada for a year I plan to do a lot of travelling, depending on money of course! We have lots of lochs here, not as big but I know they are gorgeous, too! I just like the sea air. Cause I live by the sea already, so I'm biased too ;)

We saw the Northern Lights here once, since we are pretty far north. I have a thing about going to Alaska, I don't know why!

You had me confused for a moment - because a Loch/lock here is a man-made construct for moving a freighter through certain passages between lakes (the biggest ones in the US being the Soo Locks in Sault Ste Marie, Michigan)

it took me a minute to say Loch = Lake :lol:

we have a ton of Lakes, ponds, streams, creeks, rivers, etc.... but the Great Lakes are technically as big as seas - the don't compare to lakes except for the fact that they're fresh water. The name often makes people underestimate them :wink:

chickadee said:
Oh I know you weren't, SG! That's not what I meant. I just can't think of a real reason why I want to go there! There's just too much to see, that's the problem. if I had infinite time and money I'd go to every state in the US and then wherever else I wanted, but sadly I haven't won the lottery :( unlike a woman here who just won £35 million on the euro lottery...

I'm weird in that I am interested in going to cold places. Not like, Antarctica (although that would be awesome for the penguins!) but maybe it's a Scottish thing, I want to go back to Iceland and see it properly and also Norway and Finland.

I sympathize with just having the desire without being able to explain it :giggle: I'm drawn to damp, humid places for some reason :p I can't explain it. I love fog and rain :love: I just hate snow :madspit: they like to make the joke here that Summertime in Michigan is three months of bad sledding :slant:

**ETA - I'm really not trying to convince you to see Michigan or the Northeast, really! looking back at my posts, it sure seems a bit like that, but I was just sharing what I know about the subject, because I tend to ramble once I get onto something I know too much about :wink: :nerd:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

You had me confused for a moment - because a Loch/lock here is a man-made construct for moving a freighter through certain passages between lakes (the biggest ones in the US being the Soo Locks in Sault Ste Marie, Michigan)

it took me a minute to say Loch = Lake :lol:

we have a ton of Lakes, ponds, streams, creeks, rivers, etc.... but the Great Lakes are technically as big as seas - the don't compare to lakes except for the fact that they're fresh water. The name often makes people underestimate them :wink:

Oh, right! We have locks too, I know what they are. Well they're mostly in England actually. They have canals and that's where the locks are. English people can't say 'loch' so they end up saying 'lock' instead and everyone ends up confused ;) but our lochs really are very beautiful, even though I know your Lakes are far bigger! I just like water like that, so I'd love to see the Lakes. But I can't swim so as long as I don't fall in anywhere, heh.

Back
Top Bottom