PGP-Dirty dancing into a new thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds good....gotta feeling I'm going to be online most of the weekend. I work a grand total of 4 whole hours tomorrow :der:

I tried to set up a local U2 fan gathering but no one was into it. Everyone gave me "sorry busy that day" answers and no one gave an alternative suggestions. I guess that means they aren't interested. :shrug: I actually gave a few different options and few people that answered weren't too enthused about it. I guess that means I don't have to be FB "friends" with them anymore since they clearly don't want to be real life friends.

damn...I'm in a fine mood today aren't I :happy:

arw said:
boot camp last night was insane....

we start with about a 10 min cardio warm up each time so we did that and then proceeded to go right into another 15 min worth of cardio. After that we went into the TRX room, which felt like an oven, and went over a few routines plus did kettle bell swings, lunges with weights, and side planks. Thankfully we ran out of time and did not finish the night with more Turkish get ups. Since the instructor is also my personal trainer she knows me quite well and has no problem giving me more than I think I can handle and she kicked my ass good yesterday. I slowly walked around a lake today and that's about all I can do. I'm going to run and do weights tomorrow and then take a weight class on Sunday. I'm super happy that I've been able to get back into this. Also, not working 6 days a week in catering kitchens has been good for my waistline because I finally feel like I've lost a little weight in the past few days.

Dude. I gained weight. WTMF?? Monday, I did heavy lifting. Tuesday I did only what could be described as vikram boxing as it was over 90 degrees. And the last two weeks, I've been the only one to show. So it's been brutal. Wednesday I had my training session. 80 push ups and dips off this metal sled thing I had to push around with weight. Some deep core and squat/lunge work with the exercise ropes. Then Thursday and today, I ran 3 miles. My trainer wanted to do another body comp thinking that I may be gaining muscle mass. But we did it like 3 weeks ago. I doubt that much changed. I'm hoping it is water retention. Because it's disheartening to work this hard to get fatter somehow. That's just effed up.

ETA my phone sent it before I was done. Grrr Droid.

Dude. I gained weight. WTMF?? Monday, I did heavy lifting. Tuesday I did only what could be described as vikram boxing as it was over 90 degrees. And the last two weeks, I've been the only one to show. So it's been brutal. Wednesday I had my training session. 80 push ups and dips off this metal sled thing I had to push around with weight. Some deep core and squat/lunge work with the exercise ropes. Then Thursday and today, I ran 3 miles. My trainer wanted to do another body comp thinking that I may be gaining muscle mass. But we did it like 3 weeks ago. I doubt that much changed. I'm hoping it is water retention. Because it's disheartening to work this hard to get fatter somehow. That's just effed up.

ETA my phone sent it before I was done. Grrr Droid.

uh...yeah...:yikes: you're definitely going way harder than I am :yikes: I only get 1 maybe 2 days of weight training then the rest is running/walking. Some of the things you speak of frighten me. :eek: I will say now that I'm no longer under trainer supervision on a weekly basis (well outside of boot camp) I'm definitely going to take this opportunity to check out what other trainers (in free classes) are doing. So maybe I'll find something else that will kick my ass as hard as boot camp. I am a little discouraged that after all of the weight training I've done on my back and shoulders that I'm still using a bar when I do push ups. I had hope to be on the ground at this point. But my trainer has a different opinion on that and says I'm right where she would expect me to be, which is about halfway to the ground from my original spot.

My scale has only changed by 5 pounds in 6 months but I know I've lost a ton of weight by the way my clothes fit. Almost every single t shirt I have is gigantic now. But for some reason this week I just feel way lighter in the mid section than I have in a long time.

It is a yay. :yes: Although today ended up being totally crazy. :crack: The woman I'm replacing is still here for another two weeks, and at one point we just had to sit and laugh, because the day went from very manageable to crazy and insane in the blink of an eye. Everyone takes lunch at the same time, and it's usually noisy and fun, but today it was silent. :lol: I think we were all having nutty days, so it was nice to sit in the peace and quiet for a while. :lol:

Hm, well that was rather uneventful. Last karate of the year is always basketball night, with drink and crisps. His wife and kid were there, lol I talked quite a bit to her. She's rather nice. But yea, he didn't do anything, except offer me some drinks to take home as he bought far too much. Well I don't mind Fanta zero, so I took it. No strange convo or whatever. Lol I was outta there pretty quickly. I bet I'll get some wonky text later tonight, but for now I'm rid of it!

Good! :up:

I'm SO exited to do a whole lot of nothing tonight. I'm too lazy and tired to make dinner, so I'm just gonna have a bagel or something at some point. I'm just content to sit on my couch and do absolutely nothing. :love:

It is a yay. :yes: Although today ended up being totally crazy. :crack: The woman I'm replacing is still here for another two weeks, and at one point we just had to sit and laugh, because the day went from very manageable to crazy and insane in the blink of an eye. Everyone takes lunch at the same time, and it's usually noisy and fun, but today it was silent. :lol: I think we were all having nutty days, so it was nice to sit in the peace and quiet for a while. :lol:

Good! :up:

I'm SO exited to do a whole lot of nothing tonight. I'm too lazy and tired to make dinner, so I'm just gonna have a bagel or something at some point. I'm just content to sit on my couch and do absolutely nothing. :love:

Glad you're enjoying your job so much! :) My work was crazy this week, too. But in a good way. Very busy. Made the week go fast. Next week doesn't look that bad (at this point, but that can change rapidly :uhoh: ) so hopefully I can catch up before my week off.

Sarah and I are talking about the Colorado shooting, and then there was a bad one in Toronto earlier this week, at a neighbourhood block party...and then after that, there's been a random shooting per day. So fucked up. :( For the first time ever, I'm a little reluctant to go there.

Glad you're enjoying your job so much! :) My work was crazy this week, too. But in a good way. Very busy. Made the week go fast. Next week doesn't look that bad (at this point, but that can change rapidly :uhoh: ) so hopefully I can catch up before my week off.

Sarah and I are talking about the Colorado shooting, and then there was a bad one in Toronto earlier this week, at a neighbourhood block party...and then after that, there's been a random shooting per day. So fucked up. :( For the first time ever, I'm a little reluctant to go there.

Thanks, me too! :D Next week is going to be insane, because we have a huge weekend event that starts on Friday. So hopefully the week after that will be a little quieter, since we'll have a few more weeks until our next big event. :lol:

There have been a lot of awful shootings lately. :sad: I can understand your hesitance.

Thanks, me too! :D Next week is going to be insane, because we have a huge weekend event that starts on Friday. So hopefully the week after that will be a little quieter, since we'll have a few more weeks until our next big event. :lol:

There have been a lot of awful shootings lately. :sad: I can understand your hesitance.

That sounds like a fun busy! :) With me, the woman in IT who normally does our draws was out for vacation this week, and her backup was the IT manager who is extremely busy all the time. Rather than wait for him to do draws for us, I took it upon myself to learn to do them, and I had so many this week, and with the learning curve (it's far more complex and multi-stepped than I imagined!), it put me behind with my work. Not that my manager minds, she's very understanding and probably grateful that I volunteered to learn. But the clients whose work I set aside to do it might be a bit less understanding. It was worth it though, the IT woman who usually does it has been there forever, and has a lot of holiday time, so now, we don't have to wait. And I became much faster at it as the week went on. Plus I kind of enjoyed doing it. :)

As i was saying to Sarah, contrarian hipsters might say "crime stats show that the world is safer now!" but that doesn't matter. It all seems so random and senseless now, and weapons now do so much more damage, and the world has just gone fucking insane, and it sucks. I don't even care if that makes me sound like an old person demanding that those darn kids get off my lawn. Bleh. :(

It's awful what happened in Colorado. :( I was reading one of the victim's Twitter feeds and she was tweeting back and forth with a friend. They were joking around and in all caps she said that the movie was starting in 20 minutes. It was chilling to read, knowing what was going to happen. :(

I am so horrified by the Colorado events, that I hardly know what to say--and that is very odd for me. :reject: What is wrong with people?? Has the entire world gone mad??? It is scary shite that every time you say "Bye!" to someone, it may be the last time you see them. :sad:

Yay! :D

Tara, this is on The Who dvd I'm watching right now. :kiss:

Bryan Adams and The Who - Behind Blue Eyes - YouTube

:drool::love: *loves that performance*

Hey, when was that filmed? I have never been able to find out. I've looked through all sorts of sites and everything, and can't find a damn thing about it. :sad:

I am so horrified by the Colorado events, that I hardly know what to say--and that is very odd for me. :reject: What is wrong with people?? Has the entire world gone mad??? It is scary shite that every time you say "Bye!" to someone, it may be the last time you see them. :sad:
:yes:

Hey everyone. :wave:

I'm having a green apple Smirnoff ice right now. It's pretty yummy, doesn't even feel like I'm drinking. :D

Besides being wiped out tired from getting home at 4 AM after Batman this morning, (and a little sunburn from waiting in line too!) I've pretty much steered clear of the internet today because it's just too depressing. I had such a nice time with my kids at the movie. Afterwards at 3:30 AM there were so many people outside, being interviewed by news crews, celebrating, and even huge lines of people already waiting for the 7 AM show! It was great, until of course we heard the news, and then it was just so sad. :(
I feel so bad for everyone and their families. Just so pointless and horrible. :sigh:

Hey everyone. :wave:

I'm having a green apple Smirnoff ice right now. It's pretty yummy, doesn't even feel like I'm drinking. :D

Besides being wiped out tired from getting home at 4 AM after Batman this morning, (and a little sunburn from waiting in line too!) I've pretty much steered clear of the internet today because it's just too depressing. I had such a nice time with my kids at the movie. Afterwards at 3:30 AM there were so many people outside, being interviewed by news crews, celebrating, and even huge lines of people already waiting for the 7 AM show! It was great, until of course we heard the news, and then it was just so sad. :(
I feel so bad for everyone and their families. Just so pointless and horrible. :sigh:

:hug: I'm glad you and your daughters had fun.

How was the movie? :reject: *has been looking forward to this movie for 4 years*

And wow, I just heard on the news he grew up here and his parents are still here in the community where my mom lives (where I'm staying now).

You and your girls are gorgeous, comet! :love:

Aw! Thanks :flirt: (Not sure if i thanked you for this yet!)

:hug: I'm glad you and your daughters had fun.

How was the movie? :reject: *has been looking forward to this movie for 4 years*

Thanks :hug: The movie was great (I think :shifty: I was really tired and kept nodding off a few times :reject: I need to go see it again when I'm more awake. :lol: )

My kids LOVED it though! :up:

Glad you had a fun time with your girls, comet!

Last night I went to bed at about 9pm, and I'm contemplating doing the same again tonight. :yawn: I'm so fucking tired these days. I'm definitely getting back into a normal routine, now that I've been working for a few weeks, but each night I seem to be ready to sleep before 9. :lol: Pretty pathetic!

Fucking sucks. Sarah mentioned to me about wanting to see the movie, as I sort of jokingly suggested she wait for the dvd. She said "yeah, I think I will." She's in a moderate sized Canadian city.

Fucking sucks. Sarah mentioned to me about wanting to see the movie, as I sort of jokingly suggested she wait for the dvd. She said "yeah, I think I will." She's in a moderate sized Canadian city.

:hug:

(and one for Sarah :hug:)

The area of Utah I live in says its a bunch of different cities, but it's basically just one huge one. Streatches from about Ogden (north of me) all the way down to.... Provo, I think. Or maybe a little farther.

Yea, Provo is about 3-4 hours south of where I live. :crack:

This morning I stumbled in the hall. I was on my crutches and one of them fell over. I caught my balance in a weird way that caused me to bear most of my weight on my left leg. I've been putting very little weight on it as ordered and relying on my right side. Well as you can imagine, it felt lovely. :happy: While the pain is nowhere near as bad as it was when I broke my leg, it's not great either. The pain had subsided a lot and this week there were days when I didn't even need any pain pills. Now I feel like it's a step back.

As i was saying to Sarah, contrarian hipsters might say "crime stats show that the world is safer now!" but that doesn't matter. It all seems so random and senseless now, and weapons now do so much more damage, and the world has just gone fucking insane, and it sucks. I don't even care if that makes me sound like an old person demanding that those darn kids get off my lawn. Bleh. :(

Agreed. If statistics indeed show we're actually getting less violent overall in the world, then hey, fantastic, that's great news!

But that's cold comfort to the people in Colorado. I always get so freaked out by these stories, because it's a hard slap in the face being reminded that someone could just up and go on a rampage someday. Enough to make one scared to go outside.

I've been in a funk all day because of this news. And then add in that work was hectic tonight (and we were offline for a time again! Oh, joy of joys :happy:!), and the fact that I'm tired and it's hot and I'm just in kind of a pissy mood today. And while I know others are looking forward to the weekend, I'm ready for 6 pm on Sunday. These 6 days of work will be done at that time and I'll have a day off come Monday (then two more days of work after that, then 5 days off. Sweet relaxation!).

It's so freaking weird to see any discussion of the movie right now, 'cause of the association. But to those who went, I'm glad you had a good time and liked the movie (or that the people you went with liked it).

And GG, hey, glad you didn't have to deal with creepy guy :up:. Hope that keeps up.

Aw, wow. Craig Ferguson just gave a really good speech of sorts about the events of today. For those who've yet to have his show come on, I highly recommend you check out the opening when his show starts. It's really touching and heartfelt. God, I love this guy.

This morning I stumbled in the hall. I was on my crutches and one of them fell over. I caught my balance in a weird way that caused me to bear most of my weight on my left leg. I've been putting very little weight on it as ordered and relying on my right side. Well as you can imagine, it felt lovely. :happy: While the pain is nowhere near as bad as it was when I broke my leg, it's not great either. The pain had subsided a lot and this week there were days when I didn't even need any pain pills. Now I feel like it's a step back.

:hug:

ETA: I still have an hour until Craig. *wants to watch now*

Went to garden to get some potatoes, chives, tomatoes, lettuce and peas.
Pheasants were under the trees and one was looking at me whole time, after a while it looked straight into my eyes and I could see him thinking: Shit, he´s going to cook, No, dont even think about it. He just screamed and they all buggered off :lol::lol::D

Man sounds like you got a huge yard with all these fresh vegetables, and the fruits in the forest, that sounds like a dream place to live JJ! :drool:

:giggle: Figures the pheasant knew you'd ship him to me. I still have blackcurrant sauce in the freezer, so I'm ready for him! :mac:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom