PGP-Dirty dancing into a new thread - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #106
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:57 PM
Thanks you guys.

VP I hope all turns out well for your friend. That's so sad.

Ms. Purrl I don't think I've seen the Pepsi ad, or maybe I have but I can't remember. I can't see the video so I can't check.

VP yes there is another recording of Bono doing She's a Mystery to Me, it's a live recording of just Bono and Edge I believe on some show, but I prefer the live bridge performance, especially since we have it in top quality since U2 officially released it as a B-side to on one of the Vertigo singles. If you need them I can send them a bit later.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #107
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh Damn! Thora I thought you watched Dexter. Hmmm I wonder who it is then, I can't remember now! Someone else here watches it I think!

And yes Thora and Tara, if you guys ever make it out here I'd be happy to meet up and do some stuff! It's crazy how many things are going on at the same time so most people have to pick and choose their own schedules. But I'm happy to help if I can, and if I keep going. Every year I say never again because of the crowds and stress.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #108
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:57 PM
I watch Dexter, so maybe you were thinking of me? I like it a lot when it's well done, but I'm not an uber-fan or anything, Some of the seasons are very up and down for me.

Thanks. I've been looking online for news, but there isn't any.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
my boss (from my main job that gave me off all month) called me today while I was at my part time job. She wanted to know if I could work 4 hours this week to make cupcakes for someone that just had a baby. FOUR hours. Unless something happens next week then that will be FOUR whole hours on a paycheck. But I guess that's better than the zero hours I was expecting She told me that she told the client she'd have to see if I was free. She wasn't sure if I was staying in town or going somewhere. Must be nice to just think that everyone can take an entire month off without pay, like she is doing, and be able to go on a trip.

In other news....my trainer completely kicked my ass today. She's given me some really hard workouts before but today was unreal. And I get to do it all over again in boot camp on Thursday night as she said today's session was a preview for things to come.
What did she have you do?
Old 07-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #110
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
Oh Damn! Thora I thought you watched Dexter. Hmmm I wonder who it is then, I can't remember now! Someone else here watches it I think!

And yes Thora and Tara, if you guys ever make it out here I'd be happy to meet up and do some stuff! It's crazy how many things are going on at the same time so most people have to pick and choose their own schedules. But I'm happy to help if I can, and if I keep going. Every year I say never again because of the crowds and stress.
Nope. I'm sure there's someone here who does, though.

Cool! I'll have to keep that in mind. One of the airports near me often has good flight deals to several CA cities (including San Diego), so next year definitely might be a possibility.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #111
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Do any of you remember this song?

KD Lang - Constant Craving (Live) - YouTube

I'm going off on a You Tube tangent. Her voice is amazing, gives me chills. I need to put her on my "must see" list.

Thanks Arw and Tara.

He has head injuries and is in a medically induced coma. Beyond that, I don't know anything.
I do. I've always loved that song.

I've also heard so many great things about her music in general over the years, she's very well-acclaimed and such. I should probably check out more of her work.

So sorry to hear about your friend's son, too, by the way. How awful. Everyone's in my thoughts, I hope he comes out of the coma soon and gets better .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post
She's thinking it might be, because the area it's in is the area that had the most done during the surgery, and it's still really swollen right there.
Ah, yeah, that would certainly be an explanation. May it just be that and nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post
Hey, if I'm able to make to Comic-Con next year, will you be my guide?

*has never been to a convention of any kind before*
This. My god, Comet, KICKASS stories! Love the pictures, too. I don't even watch the shows you listed* (though I do know of some of the people you mentioned) and I'm still envious! The party ones in particular are just cool. That's great that everyone was so friendly and nice as well.

*Out of the shows listed, I am rather interested in "Fringe". Somehow I've missed out on seeing that show, but I've heard so many good things, so I may have to add that one to my list of shows to finally get around to seeing. And of course, if I do so, and I like it, it had be before their last season .

Did you guys run into anyone from "Community" at all? If you did, I will alternately love and hate you .

Also, hello to CK ! I hear you on the busy summer stuff. Hope all's going well with you and your family!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #112
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Do any of you remember this song?

*snip kd lang's awesomeness*

I'm going off on a You Tube tangent. Her voice is amazing, gives me chills. I need to put her on my "must see" list.
I just saw her a few weeks ago with the Siss Boom Bang. Fantastic show. Flawless voice. What a fucking vocal goddess.

Wednesday I'm going to see this. I hope people dance in the aisles! (I heard that happened at Sundance, or some screening like that.)

And then Friday night I'm going to see this cat. LOVE THIS ALBUM. Best of the year so far, for me. (Although that Beach House record gives it a good run for its money.)

Old 07-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #113
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The people I ordered the Bryan Adams Unplugged dvd sent me another dvd....

THE SAME FREAKING ONE.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #114
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
What did she have you do?
kettle bell swings, turkish get ups, and push ups while on a stability ball for a half hour then once we were done I had to run 2 miles.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #115
Blue Crack Distributor

Blathering on, because I'm bored right now ....

I tackled a project to frame a bunch of my favorite pics from Ireland, and then decided to do the same with some of my favorite pictures I've taken around the PNW. I think they turned out really nice, although I don't know where I'll hang them yet.

Cutting behind a tag, in case they're huge.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #116
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

If it works out well enough, my brother may be coming with me too.

But, that's only if things work out. I've learned not to make plans; just have ideas.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Cori, that's awesome.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #118
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
turkish get ups
I have no idea what that is, but it sounds horrifying. Some muscles are aching already in sympathy.

... I don't know which muscles, I just know it must make some muscles sore!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #119
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:57 PM
OMG Comet!! Nathan is from the show Castle. I love him!!!

Cori, the pictures look gret in those frames.

Tara, I hope everything is ok with your mom.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #120
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I have no idea what that is, but it sounds horrifying. Some muscles are aching already in sympathy.

... I don't know which muscles, I just know it must make some muscles sore!
all of them should be sore Here's a video. Not sure how much weight I did today but not much more than 10 pounds. Sometimes my trainer has me do the first half of this, the laying on the ground and rolling up but not standing. Instead of a weight I have to balance a shoe on my hand. There's aren't too bad trying to get to the standing position but I have a hard time with get back to laying on the ground. It's getting easier but these are still super freaking hard. Especially doing them 5 times in a row on each side.

Turkish Get Up - YouTube

all I gotta say is whoever invented the foam roller as a means to stretch is a genius. I can't imagine not using it on my entire body after a workout.