PGP........Can you say Hawaii?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yikes: I'm not liking all this class choosing stuff....the only thing I know for sure is that I'm going into French 3 because I've been taking that since 5th grade....

the rockin edge said:

:sad:

School counsollers suck. At least mine did :madwife: Highschool is not half as bad as they make it out to be. It's all about scare tactics..they try the same thing as you head into college/university.
It will be a bit more work, perhaps a little bit harder. But you'll do fine.
Electves are crazy, take what you're intereste in. And especially in the first years, cover your bases. Go for variety. Being well rounded does one good.

Highschool :love:

sami0201 said:
Jo, I started in 9th grade but I stopped at the 2 required years- turns out I'm not too good in Spanish :lol: :yikes:

but I'm like 1 1/2 years ahead in math :angel:

sami, I also took two terrible years of high school Spanish, and I didn't continue to take Spanish in college (I should have). As a result, my Espanol skills are only slightly better than Bono's.

:lol:

However, I got away with taking the bare minimum of math and science courses (in a town which is a chemical company headquarters). So I have hardly any math skills, and I wish I had better scientific knowledge ... :sigh: But my degrees are in English and library science! :happy:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:shame:

There must be something you like. And you must have some requirements. When I was in grade 9 we only got one or two electives, we were requiered to take Math, a general science, geogeography, a business/tech class,, oh and french.
My elective was art. :love:

a)There's nothing I'm interested in :lmao:

b)I'm required to take all the basics freshman year: Earth Science (recommended for Honors Bio but I probably won't take it), Western Civ, English 1, some form of math (I was recommended for Advanced Algebra but I'm not sure if I should take it :| ) and some form of a language (I'm taking French 3). Also I have 2-3 electives to choose from. And gym isn't like physical....it's actually a written class in addition to health :yikes:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Highschool :love:

In my experience, high school was :madspit: Most of my life from 13-18 was :madspit: But enough about me.

Either way, whether you love it or hate it, high school is just the beginning, sarah. Think of it as preparation for what's ahead.

You ask:

^^What if I'm not interested in anything :reject:

Of course you are! Don't worry about what your family or friends want you to do; think about the things you want to do and what you want to study and what you might want to do for a living.

sami0201 said:

:scratch: didn't you say you graduated from high school last year?

:crazy:

I thought so too :scratch:

Sarah! Aha! That's what I forgot gym! (we had health too).
Our teacher was awesome, thank god, that class could have been evil.

And come on now missy. You must find *something* interesting.
Do you find learning about the stuff Bono does interesting?
What about diseases?
Or animals?
Watching old movies that depict long ago battles?
Myths and legends?
Writing stories or poems?

jobob said:

In my experience, high school was :madspit: Most of my life from 13-18 was :madspit: But enough about me.

Either way, whether you love it or hate it, high school is just the beginning, sarah. Think of it as preparation for what's ahead.

You ask:

^^What if I'm not interested in anything :reject:

Of course you are! Don't worry about what your family or friends want you to do; think about the things you want to do and what you want to study and what you might want to do for a living.

Ok, grade 9 wasn't so fun....that years all about finding your place anyway. But I have some awesome memories of good times with friends from 10-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom