PGP: B's like Houdini, come see how fast he gets out of his pants and into ours...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:
:hug: :wave: I saw VP was here, so I wanted to say hi!

Bri, why don't you mention why you are interested in the subject in which Lewis is an expert? (I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with him--economist? :reject: ) You know, "I want to hear more about his views on blah blah, which I am personally interested in because of blah blah"..that sort of thing?

He's the UN special envoy, for HIV/AIDs in Africa, has recently written a book, and I was literally watching him speak teh other day, and he really is just so well informed, so smart, and so interesting.

B would love him :wink:

MBS said:

He's the UN special envoy, for HIV/AIDs in Africa, has recently written a book, and I was literally watching him speak teh other day, and he really is just so well informed, so smart, and so interesting.

He was also former leader of the provincial NDP party. :up:

If his current area of interest is HIV, maybe go into that a bit, about how it impacts the world, and specifically Africa...maybe the travesty about how the western world could help to a much larger degree than they already are.

MBS said:

Okay...mention why you found him to be smart, informed and interesting...use a specific example of a point that he made.

I hope you don't think I'm being a prig about this, but my editing background seems to be coming out here! :reject: And I want you to go to this conference.

GG, congratulations!!! You just traumatized poor Baby Bono!!! :giggle: Seriously, TWINS!!! :cute: And everyone loves how you put little Geldoff on the lawn.

Sami, I still have no real TV!!! :reject: :sad: I have a little 5" B/W that only gets certain channels (badly) and I don't think ABC is one of them. My brother-in-law will be rooting for the Steelers like crazy, because they are HIS team, and I hope they win so he'll be happy.

I don't like football at all, but usually try to catch the halftime show. That said, I flip to the game from time to time during the night, to see the score, just cause I know that the whole world is watching. :huh:

The year that U2 were on, I was at a party, and was too far into my cups to even notice they were on. :reject: :lmao: I think I spent that halftime hitting on some dude/getting hit on. :shh: :shifty:

Diane L said:
Sami, I still have no real TV!!! : reject: :sad : I have a little 5" B/W that only gets certain channels (badly) and I don't think ABC is one of them. My brother-in-law will be rooting for the Steelers like crazy, because they are HIS team, and I hope they win so he'll be happy.

:( :hug:

Our team is the NY Giants :reject: :lmao: Or I guess we'd root for any NY team if they were in...or the Patriots :love:
But we're rooting for the Steelers because my dad knows one of the owners :lol: :rockon:

I hope he's happy too! I know how it is when their team doesn't win :yikes: :lmao: My family is the kind that sits there screaming at the tv all night! :laugh:

The halftime show that U2 did was the only time I think I've ever been as excited about the show as the game *g* Of course, I haven't been able to watch it the last few years, but I have kept the score update window from tsn.ca up so I can at least keep track of that ;)

Bye Bri! Good luck with your application!! :hug: :wave:

I just made a happy discovery--my TV will get the Super Bowl! There is an ABC affiliate in New Haven, Connecticut, across Long Island Sound from Long Island, where I am, so I'm getting it really well!!! Now I don't feel so left out--and I can watch the commercials, which is what I REALLY care about! :lmao:

In Canada we don't get the Super Bowl commercials - we miss out on that part till they start getting regular play (something to do with broadcasting laws and CanCon, I think).

Wild :hug:

I gotta go watch the game.
For snacks I have pizza, ice cream, mexican left-overs, chicken wings, chips and home made salsa, skittles, and I just made cookies.
I'm a big girl :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom