Ozzy fans HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gwenu2

The Fly
I woke up at like, 7 in the morning, and the DJ said that Sharron has cancer :sad:

That's all they said about it.

Is it true????:(

The first two dates of the American leg of Ozzfest 2002 have been postponed.

The shows were called off after Ozzy Osbourne's wife Sharon underwent surgery for treatable cancer.

They were due to be held in Bristol, Virginia, and Pittsburgh.

Sharon Osbourne has become a star in her own right after appearing in the MTV reality show The Osbournes.

Family spokeswoman Lisa Vega wouldn't say what type of cancer Sharon has or where the surgery took place.

But she said it was completed by early Wednesday evening. No other details were available.

Vega said the entire family - including their 18-year-old daughter Aimee, who doesn't appear on the show - were at the hospital with her.

"Everyone is in good spirits because the prognosis is very positive," she said.

"The doctors have told them all she's expected to make a full recovery. Obviously, they're concerned for their mother and are by her side, but they're all looking forward to a positive outcome."

An MTV spokesman said: "We know Sharon will conquer this with the same tenacity and vibrancy she approaches everything else in her life. Our thoughts are with Sharon and the entire Osbourne family and we send her our love and support for a complete recovery."

(c) Copyright Ananova Ltd 2002, all rights reserved.

she'll b fiiiine :D

Oh poor Sharon! She's such a sweetie (well, if you don't play "middle-aged music") She's a stong lady and the
surgery went well, so don't worry! :yes:

Gosh, I just saw this thread! I didn't know it had been posted. Sharon seems to be doing just fine. The latest report is that she is taking it easy and everything is OK. She's a strong lady. I'm sure she can beat this thing.

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but I heard that her cancer has spread and that she is going to let the T.V cameras show her battle with fighting the cancer. To me that just seems wrong I personally wouldnt want to watch a lady fight cancer on tv for entertainment!

adamswildhoney said:
I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but I heard that her cancer has spread and that she is going to let the T.V cameras show her battle with fighting the cancer. To me that just seems wrong I personally wouldnt want to watch a lady fight cancer on tv for entertainment!

That was in the report I read. The report said that Sharon found out it had spread to some lymph nodes and that she was going to let them film some of the treatment she would have to get due to the lymph node deal. Personally, this is OK with me. If you don't want to watch the treatment, you don't have to. I think maybe she wants to show that (to her) fighting cancer isn't all that horrible. Or maybe she just wants to show people what cancer therapy looks like so that they can draw their conclusions about it and perhaps make it--and thus cancer--something they'd like to avoid so they can take preventative measures. It could be a valuable educational tool. As an autistic I'm really conscious of the importance of public health education. I say "Bravo" to Sharon for her guts and generosity.

Last edited:
I had heard this already, it's so upseting. I love Sharon, she's my favorite. I hope everything turns out okay for the whole family.

Back
Top Bottom