Oh my Lord!!!!! What a nice reason to wake up!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooGrl

The Fly
Well, I just opened the Montreal Gazette to the Arts & Entertainment section and what should I find on the front page but a HUGE photo of Bono from the press conference the other day... ***big smiles*** :)
My weekend has barely started and already it's looking good :)
One of the more interesting parts of the article (which only talks about U2 briefly):

"In 2001, U2 was as close to meaningfulness as our mainstream culture got. After 109 concerts for more than 2 million fans, and 10 million copies of All That You Can't Leave Behind, they once again function as the goodness barometer. And even after all that megastar activity, the Super Bowl rates as the biggest single event in their history."

That's a pretty strong statement to be making; I think the Super Bowl is definitely going to be remembered as one of the *big* moments in U2 history, but the biggest? In terms of exposure, maybe... it's actually going to be exciting to know that a whole new crowd will be exposed to such wonderful music; still, I think it would be hard to call this U2's defining moment. I guess we'll see... I'm just happy to be seeing U2 tomorrow!

:)

I'll try and scan the pic later if I can get my scanner working...

You TEASE!! Don't go telling us that until you can show us! I wanna see NOW!
*kicks feet, stomps fists on the floor, has a tantrum*

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

biggrin.gif
I don't think the Super Bowl is that big. But it could be if they did an amazing job, I don't think anybody's expecting them to come off too well. Maybe some fans do though.
smile.gif
"they once again function as the goodness barometer" LOL Okay! *goodness*
My paper is delivered like a half mile away from me.
mad.gif
But maybe there will be something there when I can get to it.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Ok -- here is the pic, my scanner actually decided to work for once! Sorry about the crease through the middle, I didn't have time to Photoshop it out.

i847BEF96-FAD7-471E-B7A1-E39F5F082238.jpg

Originally posted by ZooGrl:
Ok -- here is the pic, my scanner actually decided to work for once! Sorry about the crease through the middle, I didn't have time to Photoshop it out.

Don't blame yer scanner for not un-wrinkling the pic....we all KNOW that you've been cuddling the picture ALL MORNING
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~Bono

"If I am close to the music, & you are close to the music, then we are close to each other." ~Bono

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Don't blame yer scanner for not un-wrinkling the pic....we all KNOW that you've been cuddling the picture ALL MORNING
biggrin.gif

Heeheehee... uh oh... I've been discovered ;-)

Originally posted by ZooGrl:
Heeheehee... uh oh... I've been discovered ;-)

*sigh*

I wish I could wrinkle Bono
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~Bono

"If I am close to the music, & you are close to the music, then we are close to each other." ~Bono

Back
Top Bottom