NYC Book Signing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caragriff

War Child
'round the corner from anything that's real
Just met all 4 guys on their way into the NYC book signing.

Some photos here:

http://scatterolight.blogspot.com/2006/09/guess-who-i-just-met.html

Waited all night in line and got screwed out of a bracelet due to last minute line cutters (!!) But in the end it was so worth it - the guys all stopped and signed for fans waiting outside (back door) on their way in.

Bono was in good spirits, chatting away, and Larry was all smiles (really!)

caragriff said:
Just met all 4 guys on their way into the NYC book signing.

Some photos here:

http://scatterolight.blogspot.com/2006/09/guess-who-i-just-met.html

Waited all night in line and got screwed out of a bracelet due to last minute line cutters (!!) But in the end it was so worth it - the guys all stopped and signed for fans waiting outside (back door) on their way in.

Bono was in good spirits, chatting away, and Larry was all smiles (really!)

Is that your blog? I love that blog :up: :).

Re: Re: NYC Book Signing

kellyahern said:

Is that your blog? I love that blog :up: :).

Ha ha - thanks. Yeah, that's my little bliggity blog.

Thanks for the congrats guys. I am so tired. I need to go nap, but it was really cool to have all 4 of them greet the fans, pretty much all at once, too.

Good job, bhoys.

OK, well yeah...today was amazing. I'm pretty busy with homework right now so I'll post more later! But Bono and Edge signed my "Bono hat" and my picture of me on his back and I got a huge hug and kiss (on the head). And they signed my brother's tour tshirt too. Bono was sooo sweet! And John was extremely helpful and hilarious. My mom said it was really quick up stairs and that we made out better!

Congrats!!! I was one of the ones who camped out all night and saw those line cutters-- mostly people who were there to get books singed to sell on Ebay later on.
Very distressing and sad. I think I heard you on the cell phone with your mom (who was inside on line a few rows behind me)- she was telling everyone that her son & daughter had gotten the autographs outside-- that must've been your mom I'm sure!!
I'd love to post some of my pics, although they're not so great (as soon as I figure out how to post them here). We were herded like sheep across the table, so someone from B&N had to photograph us. I'm the one hugging Bono and talking to Larry & Adam (last two pics).

congrats.
I was lucky I got inside the bookstore in London and met them personally. We had some who tried to cut the line as well (me and some others had started camping since 11 on the prev nite)... and we literally screamed "line jumpers!!" when someone tried to do so, lol... funny when i think of it...
but good for you that they signed outside...
before the bok signing, i had got them to sign my sweatshirt and Zoo TV DVD when i (and some other 15 fans) waited outside the abbey road studio in london four nights in a row...

really the best time of my life! :)

Thats great! I was one of the peeps who didnt get a wrist band.. I couldnt convince my dad to say 3 more hours to go out back so I just spent $80 on 3 u2 book LOL.. I was #80 in line when we counted..I got there at 3:30am and was around the corner.. my # from the girl on interference was #130 but that didnt matter cause the guy behind me had#76 from when he was there earlier..but Im happy that ya'll got to meet them.. It doesnt sound like the experience inside was so hot anyways.. Damn Ebayers..

I was one of the lucky hundred. I went on the line at 8 pm the night before. Although it was exciting to see U2 and get my book signed I was extremely disappointed for a couple reasons.
About 25% of the line was non-U2 fans getting the book for ebay (was obvious who was a fan and who wasn't). The other disappointment was the the girl in the front of the line. She was writing down names and putting numbers on people's hands. She claimed to get there at noon and stayed all day then left to go home. I got there and she had just left. She did not come back until bout 6 in the morning. It was really unfair to the people who did stay in line. On top of that she put her friends down for numbers two, three, and four. These girls didn't show up till about 7. You can imagine how it was to the the fans who waited in the night dealing with the drunk ebayers and fights in the street. So a big FU to that girl. While she was at home sleeping and resting looking pretty for U2 there were other real fans who pushed the night. If u need to leave for an hour or two for food or to take care of business I understand but she was gone for 10 hours, and we in the back counted. I feel real bad to the people who did not make the cutoff point due to people cutting the line and say that there needs to be a revision of the GA and first come first serve basis. It is not official and too many people are losing out due to the greediness of the front. I feel that there should be some more concerns raised for this point.

PS
to that girl.....Karma....what goes around comes around. I hope you enjoyed the U2 signing cause for your cutting and letting others cut you were wrong.

Oh forgot.....also a big FU to the people who came, took a number from the girl, left, and came back in the morning. This one family cried to security and got put in front. Way to teach your kid about honesty and waiting.

Galeongirl..........that kid in the picture. Her mother and father were some of the people who cut the line last minute. They tried to cut in front of me saying they came at 3 in the morning and left to go get rest. They then came back round 7 to cut in front of me cause she had a number on her hand that was before me. I told them hell no.......so did everyone behind me...........after waiting 12 hours in the street and they didn't wait at all.........then father had the nerve to offer to buy my book if i let them cut.......i told them no and to ask that question to everyone behind me. She then went to the front and sobbed her way to the security gaurd that just came on duty and got put in the front of the line.

NYC Booksigning

Weird,I cant find the thread about the problem with the person who gave out the bogus numbers to people.Is that common?

Back
Top Bottom