need some questions answered about Larry and his love life!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DebbieSG

Refugee
There is usually not enough information about what Larry is doing, let alone his personal life with women...so

1) Is Larry married?
2) Who is Larry living with now?
3) How many children does he have, and who is their mother (i know this is personal, but i want to know!)
4) What are his children's names, and how old are they?
5) Did Larry have any relationship with the woman in the Electrical Storm video?
6) Do you (as a Larry fan) think that Larry will get married, if he still is not married?
7) What is the name of the woman that Larry has been living with for all these years, and is she supportive of his career as a drummer with the band (a tricky one, i know).
8) Would you like to marry Larry (ha ha, just a joke ;))

and finally, what does The Edge, Bono, Adam and Paul McGuiness think about the whole Larry situation, of not wanting to talk very much to women fans who might really love him in their heart of hearts? :heart: (not me, of course, i prefer The Edge or Adam, but who's taking a poll on who i might marry...:)) he he (private, people, very private, so don't ask!)

DebbieSG (a person not usually in PLEBA, just once in a while for pictures :))

DebbieSG said:
There is usually not enough information about what Larry is doing, let alone his personal life with women...so

1) Is Larry married? Up for debate, but as far as we know, no
2) Who is Larry living with now? Ann Acheson
3) How many children does he have, and who is their mother (i know this is personal, but i want to know!) 3 by Ann
4) What are his children's names, and how old are they? Aaron Elvis, not sure of the other 2 but they start with A
5) Did Larry have any relationship with the woman in the Electrical Storm video? No, she's just an actress the group likes
6) Do you (as a Larry fan) think that Larry will get married, if he still is not married? I think they secretly got married at some point
7) What is the name of the woman that Larry has been living with for all these years, and is she supportive of his career as a drummer with the band (a tricky one, i know). Ann - yes, she seems to be
8) Would you like to marry Larry (ha ha, just a joke ;)) If I wasn't already married, yes :(

and finally, what does The Edge, Bono, Adam and Paul McGuiness think about the whole Larry situation, of not wanting to talk very much to women fans who might really love him in their heart of hearts? :heart: (not me, of course, i prefer The Edge or Adam, but who's taking a poll on who i might marry...:)) he he (private, people, very private, so don't ask!)

I think they try to pick up the slack for him :shrug:

(sorry, i have to use a quick copy here...)
I think they try to pick up the slack for him...

LOL! I think they do *do* that, in all honesty, especially that Bono, he seems to like anything from kissing to rolling around on the heart ramp, to holding hands with Andrea Corr, if I were Ali, i would have left him a long, long time ago :yes:

and Adam, he could probably date any rich, famous model in Europe or South America, and "Dave" he just finds all the smart ones and asks them lots of questions about drinks and art galleries and such (ha ha, thats a private joke, of course :))

anyone know how often you can catch one of these guys "cheating", or is it a part of the "business" of rocknroll, hanging out with the women and groupies and all those stalkers ;)....oh Mi-mammie! Hope i don't start any "bono loves ali wars here:censored:

Actually I'm just getting around to reading Bill Flanagan's book, couldn't believe a story about them going to Sellafield and a chick trying to climb in bed with him and Ali!! B almost sounds like he might admit to something a little bit later in the book, but who knows, it sounds like they have a lot of trust in their relationship :)

Larry has been "married"to Ann for over 20 years they have three kids Aaron and the other two(don't know names sorry).I think she is supportive of his career or they would not still be together.I do not think he had a relationship with Samantha Morton from that video and I happen to beleive that Ann and Larry are in fact married they are just not coming out and saying it!

Aaron Elvis, Ava and Al

In the booklet of the ATYCLB vinyl record - I think; Right Phuzzie? - in the thank you-part Larry thanks besides Ann, Aaron and Ava also and Al. Since he likes his family to start with A's - I'm sure it is Al.

I'm not sure if it was the ATYCLB booklet cos in the cd version there are only the '3A's' mentioned, but it is in some booklet.....i think it was the vinyl...

Ok wasn't his 3rd kid born AFTER ATYBLB came out? I know they could have known the sex of the baby before hand, or even just said they were naming it starting with an A, but I always assumed the "3 A's" stood for Ann---wife/girlfriend, Aaron, and Ava.

Yeah I know the 3As are Ann, Aaron and Ava, but I read in a booklet that Larry was thanking Ann, Aaron, Ava, Al - that could mean anything, but I believe it is Al.

Damn, I can't remember where I read it...........

:hmm: I knew Aaron Elvis and Ava, but not Al...interesting. I wasn't even sure if the third kid's name started with A...but it would make sense!

:hmm: My theory is that Larry and Ann are already married...

AdamsMango said:
I dont think they told what they 3rd baby's name is. And i am pretty sure it was born after ATYCLB. :scratch:

Yeah...I think Bono announced that they'd had a third child during one of the Elevation concerts...

Larry's third kid was born in early Feb. 2001, after ATYCLB came out. Maybe Al is the dog, I doubt it was the kid unless they got a test to see for sure it was a boy and named it and thanked him in advance still in her stomach. I don't think so though since Larry is so private. Seems like he wasn't happy when Bono announced the birth to the crowd at the show in London on Feb. 7, 2001, saying Ann was attending only 2 days after giving birth to a son or something. I don't remember the name of the place they played but it was a pre-tour gig.

Ann and Larry have been an item in some form for more than 20 years, they date back to high school like Bono and Ali:)

arw9797 said:
Ok wasn't his 3rd kid born AFTER ATYBLB came out? I know they could have known the sex of the baby before hand, or even just said they were naming it starting with an A, but I always assumed the "3 A's" stood for Ann---wife/girlfriend, Aaron, and Ava.

Bono was joking that THE EDGE has more children than "Abraham" and look at what Larry's done! If he has four that would be so *cute*, as many as Bono and Ali have! :)

LOL,maybe one "A" is the family dog, *pats Larry on the head, then thinks better of it and lets him play drums some more...lol, he is SO in love with Ann, he must be in a terrible shape to keep having so many children...huh?

so how old are all the little wee ones? (whatever letter they start with, they must be different ages, right? hmmmm (wonders if Larry did win the "get a room" contest for the Electrical Storm video, a real stunner, so true to form, Larry!--working HARD as always, popping out the little ones, left and right...ha ha (pardon the mess in this house, i can't clean when watching that thing on MTV-0000.7) Thanks for the info, girls! :yes:

no offense lar, but i still think its kooky-mooky when people name their kids all the same way. kids are people, not collect-em-all sets.

my friend's dad and stepmom named their three kids with same *sounds*...alicia, ayla, elliot. poor kids.

elizabeth said:
no offense lar, but i still think its kooky-mooky when people name their kids all the same way. kids are people, not collect-em-all sets.

my friend's dad and stepmom named their three kids with same *sounds*...alicia, ayla, elliot. poor kids.

One of my friends has 1 sister and three brothers...and all their names start with T. I think it's cute!

1) Is Larry married? No, he is not.
2) Who is Larry living with now? Ann, his three kids, and at least one dog that we know of.
3) How many children does he have, and who is their mother (i know this is personal, but i want to know!) Three, and they're all Ann's.
4) What are his children's names, and how old are they? There is Aaron, who is about 7, I'd say... Ava, who's maybe 5... and then one whom we don't know the name of who was born in November of 2000.
5) Did Larry have any relationship with the woman in the Electrical Storm video? No. Samantha Morton is an actress. Her and Larry were both acting.
6) Do you (as a Larry fan) think that Larry will get married, if he still is not married? No, I don't think they ever will. There's really no reason to.
7) What is the name of the woman that Larry has been living with for all these years, and is she supportive of his career as a drummer with the band (a tricky one, i know). Ann, and yes, she is, as far as we know, very supportive; she's been with him since the very beginnings of the band.
8) Would you like to marry Larry (ha ha, just a joke ) Joking aside, he's probably the only man I would marry on a wim...

((and finally, what does The Edge, Bono, Adam and Paul McGuiness think about the whole Larry situation, of not wanting to talk very much to women fans who might really love him in their heart of hearts? (not me, of course, i prefer The Edge or Adam, but who's taking a poll on who i might marry...) he he (private, people, very private, so don't ask!)))

I don't think it's just women; Larry feels uncomfortable approaching fans because he seems to have a difficulty understanding the obssession some get with it, and gets frustrated when his privacy is breeched. Also, some fans can be downright rude and Larryis a cautious, reserved person. He's not so much shy as he is weary of people.

I think what most bothers him is he feels very strongly about the concept of love and is distrubed that women or men who have never met him claim to love him. Yes, true U2 fans have a direct connection with the band, but I don't think they ever meant that connection to necessarily come from who they are in their private lives.

elizabeth said:

Yeah, my biological mother did the same type of thing to her three kids:

Are first and middle initials had to be D.K. :shrug:

Go figure. Maybe Larry likes names that start with A. :D

Moonie :D

lardencelover said:
I don't think it's just women; Larry feels uncomfortable approaching fans because he seems to have a difficulty understanding the obssession some get with it, and gets frustrated when his privacy is breeched. Also, some fans can be downright rude and Larryis a cautious, reserved person. He's not so much shy as he is weary of people.

I think what most bothers him is he feels very strongly about the concept of love and is distrubed that women or men who have never met him claim to love him. Yes, true U2 fans have a direct connection with the band, but I don't think they ever meant that connection to necessarily come from who they are in their private lives.

I think this is very well said. I don't think there's anything wrong with how Larry is. He's been like this since the band started. He hated photo shoots, he hated having to greet people - I mean, if you watch the video, "Outside it's America", he's practically rolling his eyes at all the cameras going off during the press conference. It makes him uncomfortable - he's not comfortable out in the spotlight like Bono is. Like Bono has said in the past, Larry is quite content to hide behind his drumkit. I would be, too. I get a bit rhiled up myself when I see people get mad at Larry because he doesn't behave a certain way. He said it perfectly in Bill Flanagan's, At the end of the World - at one point, fans were screaming, "I LOVE YOU!" Larry said, "Love me?! You don't even knowme."

I try to see it from his point of view and quite frankly, I'd feel the same way. From the information that we can gather that's been written on him, about him; from the interviews he's given, and from the actual meet-and-greets he's done, I think it's safe to say that he holds his personal life very private. His working life is one thing and his personal life is another. He guards it fiercely and I say kudos to him. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I say leave him alone. If he wanted everyone and their mother to know what his third child's name is, he would have announced it long ago.

I will say that when I met him during the Elevation Tour, I was more intimidated by his bodyguard than I was by him. He has a quit wit and a sense of humor. But, don't try and take advantage of that. I watched him tell a guy off for trying to give him an "I love you, man" drunken-stupor hug. And, after he signed people's stuff and took one last picture with me, he asked everyone if we were all happy. Larry didn't have to do that. He didn't even have to come out there. Some people think all the band members are obligated to do that. I don't think they are. Sure, we pay for them to live the high life, but put into perspective how they got there in the first place. They had to work their asses off to get to where they were. And, yes, the fans had a lot to do with it. I believe that U2 thanks us fans for supporting them by giving us MUSIC. As far as I'm concerned, that's what it's all about. Coming out to thank us after a very long, tiring show, is second. They thanked the audience every night they performed, more than once. I think that's more than enough.

OK. I need to get off my soap box. I'm sorry I blathered on as much as I did.

Moonie :D

Back
Top Bottom