My local sandwich shop lady's meeting with Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisa2004

Acrobat
Funny story guys! Thought I'd share, hope you dont mind..

OK, I buy my lunch every day from the local sandwich shop - gets better, keep with me! - and I went in there today and the lady who serves me was just back from holidaying in France and she knows all about my B obsession and she told me that she and her hubby ended up sat next to Bono in a restaurant! Hee! She reckons he was looking quite old, really very short and badly dyed hair! :eyebrow: :shame: She doesnt have the best taste in guys.. her fave star is Cliff Richard! :giggle:

Anywayz, after their meal, they noticed fans were going up to Bono and he was being chatty with them so she went up to him and said hi and he was very pleasant with her. She told him that he had a crazy fan who goes into her shop everyday for lunch, that I was mad about U2 and had met him before the first Twickenham concert in London outside his hotel. Apparently he then said "Oh yeah, the 4 quiet girls!" OMG, he remembers us! And he remembers us for not actually being able to say a word in his company!:lol: :rockon:

Anyway, thought i would share the story as I'm dead chuffed! See, talking a lot about Bono does have its pluses! Thats what im gonna tell my boyfriend from now on anyway!

Last edited:
Re: Re: My local sandwich shop lady's meeting with Bono!

one4u2 said:

Thats what I thought when she told me.. I just shook my head and told her his hair is just fine..

Re: Re: Re: My local sandwich shop lady's meeting with Bono!

lisa2004 said:

Thats what I thought when she told me.. I just shook my head and told her his hair is just fine..

forget the hair, short and old :no:

Re: Re: Re: Re: My local sandwich shop lady's meeting with Bono!

one4u2 said:

forget the hair, short and old :no:

Hmmm, i know. But she does have a crush on Cliff Richard, so she does not have very good taste! I was chuffed that she asked him about me though, that was nice of her.

I always like it when I hear how well he remembers people. I think he does quite well, considering how much he drinks :giggle: I'm so glad to know his mind is still sharp!

irishdove said:
I always like it when I hear how well he remembers people. I think he does quite well, considering how much he drinks :giggle: I'm so glad to know his mind is still sharp!

*Wonders if he remembers me and my gum chewing from SNL* :hmm:

That must have been some impression you made on him Lisa2004. How amazing of him to remember when he probably meets hundreds of people on tour. Chalk another one up for Bono :bono: ;) As for the hair he probably has it dyed real dark so that he doesn't have to have to done too frequently. Those of you (not me, of course :( :sexywink: ) who dye their hair know how fast a dye job fades away. If you'll remember it was real dark at the R&RHOF induction which was right before the start of the 1st leg too. :( :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom