MOOBday: "If you feel you're gettin' bored. . ."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
148952186_tp.jpg

:larry: :sigh: This shoot has been going on for HOURS. Not counting the three hours it took for Bono to make his hair do...that. He could've just stuck his finger in a light socket and been done in five seconds. Adam has beer farts. Beer farts in a leather trench coat. Funny noises, not funny smells. And Edge's been talking about The Clash. Non. Stop. :sigh: When's lunch?

Maybe Larry is autistic. My wee boy is same in all his pics too (shows no emotion)

Its like larry has never came out of the Joshua Tree phase

Maybe Larry is autistic. My wee boy is same in all his pics too (shows no emotion)

Its like larry has never came out of the Joshua Tree phase

I've been wondering the same thing for a few years now.

:larry: :sigh: This shoot has been going on for HOURS. Not counting the three hours it took for Bono to make his hair do...that. He could've just stuck his finger in a light socket and been done in five seconds. Adam has beer farts. Beer farts in a leather trench coat. Funny noises, not funny smells. And Edge's been talking about The Clash. Non. Stop. :sigh: When's lunch?

:lmao:!!!!

That has got to be the worst pic of the band ever. Or the funniest.

We'll just ignore the incredibly rude comments (that no one who has actually dealt with having an autistic child would ever make, especially in such a mocking fashion) elsewhere on this thread, and carry on.

EdgeLarryAnneaward.jpg

Edge_Larry_Grammy2001_after_par.jpg

We'll just ignore the incredibly rude comments (that no one who has actually dealt with having an autistic child would ever make, especially in such a mocking fashion) elsewhere on this thread, and carry on.
Shows you how much you know as my 6 yr old is autistic, hence why i made the comparison. Maybe you should keep yer thoughts to yourself unless you actually know what your talking about!

My best friend's son is autistic, so I am not exactly in the dark about autism. And I'm sorry to hear that your son has it.

It makes it all the more surprising to me that you would make light of it. And, no, Larry is not autistic. That comment, coming from someone who does actually know so much about it, is absurd.

My best friend's son is autistic, so I am not exactly in the dark about autism. And I'm sorry to hear that your son has it.

It makes it all the more surprising to me that you would make light of it. And, no, Larry is not autistic. That comment, coming from someone who does actually know so much about it, is absurd.
:shifty:

:applaud: GH!

My five-year-old is autistic. I volunteer at his school especially for autistic kids, many with very mild forms of autism.

Larry Mullen Junior is not. He's just disaffected by this whole "rock star" thing.

Maybe not all of us are so uptight as other users on this board!

It has been suggested I myself could be on the autistic spectrum. You wouldnt know it if you met me. So what makes you so sure Larry couldnt possibly be?
Bono suffers from mental health issues!

Maybe not all of us are so uptight as other users on this board!

It has been suggested I myself could be on the autistic spectrum. You wouldnt know it if you met me. So what makes you so sure Larry couldnt possibly be?
Bono suffers from mental health issues!

He doesn't suffer! He quite enjoys it. :applaud:

I'm not going to quote anyone and am not in any way trying to keep this going.
I do want to clear something up about the autism comment.
My son is a high-functioning autistic. He is very bright (he reads and writes above grade level). He has grade level verbal skills but does not do very well socially. He makes all sorts of faces and has difficulty expressing his emotions. I am also an elementary education/special education major. I have worked with many children with different disabilities. All of them are a joy to work with and would not want to do anything else for a career. I think the comment came out of the fact that Larry Mullen seems to be a very stoic type of person (in public); this may be misinterpreted as a sign of autism or something related within the spectrum. It could be or it may not be. If he did have something, he would keep it quiet (I'm guessing because he does not air anything personal). I greatly admire Mr. Mullen for how he handles himself and his devotion to his family, etc.
If anyone took offense, it was a comment out of observation of behavior. It was not meant to be a diagnosis, which I am unable to do even as a teacher.

Hello all, :wave:

RBF, you rock!:applaud:

abelives (I keep wanting to call you "abby"... is that okay?), you crack me up, as per usual!:lol:

And to may...
I had no intention of replying to any of the previous comments, but when I saw your post, I knew you felt distress about it all, and I am sorry about that, you were not the intended recipient of the ire!

You are, of course, so attuned to and aware of the disorder, it's not surprising that you tend to see things through your own experiences in life. I think the reflection that Larry is a "very stoic type of person (in public)" is an exact, spot-on characterization. I don't think it reflects much more than that, though. He is definitely not a limelight sort of person, and addressed that when he decided he'd had enough of the media storm back in the '80s-- and he has never wavered from that.

God bless you and your family, may. What happens here is hardly a matter of import in the grand plan! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom