Miscellaneous Picture Mix #36

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Vertigo :love: :drool: :love:

adam05.jpg

445998lg.jpg

445997.jpg

And a AWESOME vintage (probably worth $$) Edge doodle :drool:

Edgedrawing.jpg

Someone I know via blogging sent this to me awhile ago. I finally remembered to take a picture of it.

She and her friend did an interview of U2 for a fanzine on their Boy tour. This is a drawing Edge made on a paper placemat during the meal. You can also see stains from their coffee or tea on the paper.

P.S I want that picture of Bono (on the right) SO BAD!!:drool:
Edge used to sign "D'Edge" :drool:

And a AWESOME vintage (probably worth $$) Edge doodle :drool:

Edgedrawing.jpg

Someone I know via blogging sent this to me awhile ago. I finally remembered to take a picture of it.

She and her friend did an interview of U2 for a fanzine on their Boy tour. This is a drawing Edge made on a paper placemat during the meal. You can also see stains from their coffee or tea on the paper.

P.S I want that picture of Bono (on the right) SO BAD!!:drool:
Edge used to sign "D'Edge" :drool:
1. That's alltogether pretty awesome.

2. "D'Edge." Love it.

3. Edge and Adam Ant on the cover of the same magazine? I think my head just expl... :combust:

does anyone know what kind of guitar Bono is using in this pic?

It looks like it could be a Gibson of some sort. Might be a Songwriter.:hmm: He has been known to use his Gibson Hummingbird acoustic before, notably on Kite during Elevation Tour. I don't know what model this is or even if it's a Gibson. Let me do a search on Gibson's website.:nerd:

And if I can't find it Edge Orchestra should know.:wink:

does anyone know what kind of guitar Bono is using in this pic?

That there looks to be a Gibson Elvis Presley Dove. MSRP= $4,697.00 (Available for a street price around $3,65.00)

Gibson - Gibson Guitar: Electric and Acoustic Guitars, Bass Guitars

The B'Man has at least 2 of these. (plus as also seen in the photo below -- multiple Gretsch Irish Falcons)

4_falcons-2_doves.jpg

'theedgeu2': Why do you think it isn't an Elvis Dove? Is it that Bono's has a black truss rod cover vs. the white shown on the Gibson page? The models have changed a bit over time. You can see (in the pic below) that Bono's have black truss rod covers with the Elvis signature in white.

Falcon-Dove-Rack.jpg

Pic below from the Gibson site showing that the truss rod cover is now white pearl with the Elvis signature in black, different from Bono's earlier model.

Gibson-Elvis_Presley-Dove-Gibson_si.jpg

This is another on the list of "if I win lotto" list of guitars I'd love to own. I've played one, once... and the thing sounds and feels amazing. I can see why Bono's made it his acoustic of choice over the past 5+ years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgLQQO0a2Q

Gibson Montana Elvis Presley Dove Features:

Solid Sitka spruce top
Solid curly maple back and sides
Round profile curly maple neck
Rosewood fretboard
Split parallelogram mother-of-pearl fretboard inlays
Rosewood bridge
Checkerboard marquetry
6-ply top binding
4-ply back binding
25-3/4" scale
Nickel Grover tuners
L.R. Baggs Element electronics
Gibson Elvis Presley Dove Acoustic Guitar
This stunning Gibson acoustic guitar is a takeoff on the 1960's Dove dreadnought body style and features a truss rod cover engraved with Elvis' signature. Super-flash looks from gloss ebony finish, split parallelogram mother-of-pearl fretboard inlays, rosewood bridge, checkerboard marquetry, and multi-ply binding. The guitar has a loud, high-integrity tone that comes from a solid Sitka spruce top and solid curly maple back and sides. Round profile curly maple neck. 25-3/4" scale and nickel Grover tuners. Includes hardshell case. L.R. Baggs electronics accurately amplify its rich acoustic tone.

That there looks to be a Gibson Elvis Presley Dove. MSRP= $4,697.00

The B'Man has at least 2 of these. (plus as also seen in the photo below -- multiple Gretsch Irish Falcons)

4_falcons-2_doves.jpg

'theedgeu2': Why do you think it isn't an Elvis Dove? Is it that Bono's has a black truss rod cover vs. the white shown on the Gibson page? The models have changed a bit over time. You can see (in the pic below) that Bono's have black truss rod covers with the Elvis signature in white.

Falcon-Dove-Rack.jpg

Pic below from the Gibson site showing that the truss rod cover is now white pearl with the Elvis signature in black, different from Bono's earlier model.

You nailed exactly why I thought it wasn't an Elvis model. I thought the truss rod cover difference meant they were different. Of course you are right, things do change on certain models sometimes and as well some people like to make mods. I would like to have that Dove. The Epiphone one is something in itself so I can only imagine how great the Gibson Dove would be!

You nailed exactly why I thought it wasn't an Elvis model. I thought the truss rod cover difference meant they were different. Of course you are right, things do change on certain models sometimes and as well some people like to make mods. I would like to have that Dove. The Epiphone one is something in itself so I can only imagine how great the Gibson Dove would be!

Epiphone version might be okay but "Even Better Than The Real Thing"? Not so much.

If you hear the Epiphone side by side with the Gibson you will set the Epiphone on fire. The construction of the Gibson (from the Montana plant), the sound, the quality of materials... all far better than it's Epiphone cousin.

Variation on a theme... Bono with another black guitar, a Yamaha (Seems to be a FG365 II)... seen in many of the Rattle And Hum era pictures, it was lugged around hotels during the Zoo tours and was used to write such things as "One Shot of Happy, Two Shots of Sad".

scan0015.jpg

The custom paint job? That there was done by Rene Castro, who also painted The Edge's charcoal finish Fender Eric Clapton (signature model) Stratocaster.

Epiphone version might be okay but "Even Better Than The Real Thing"? Not so much.

If you hear the Epiphone side by side with the Gibson you will set the Epiphone on fire. The construction of the Gibson (from the Montana plant), the sound, the quality of materials... all far better than it's Epiphone cousin.

Oh yeah I'm sure the Gibson blows the Epiphone out of the water. If only they'd make them more affordable.:waiting:

Oh yeah I'm sure the Gibson blows the Epiphone out of the water. If only they'd make them more affordable.:waiting:

Quality materialused in their construction plus when built by skilled craftsman that make a decent wage costs some money.

Time for you and me to set up lemonade stands to earn some extra guitar money. Maybe put a bit of Jack Daniels in it to sell more? :D

Quality materialused in their construction plus when built by skilled craftsman that make a decent wage costs some money.

Time for you and me to set up lemonade stands to earn some extra guitar money. Maybe put a bit of Jack Daniels in it to sell more? :D

:lol::lol: And there's a huge line from Cali. to New York. :laugh: "We're gonna need a bigger bucket."

That there looks to be a Gibson Elvis Presley Dove. MSRP= $4,697.00 (Available for a street price around $3,65.00)

4_falcons-2_doves.jpg

Falcon-Dove-Rack.jpg

This is another on the list of "if I win lotto" list of guitars I'd love to own. I've played one, once... and the thing sounds and feels amazing. I can see why Bono's made it his acoustic of choice over the past 5+ years.

YouTube - Gibson Elvis Presley Dove

Gibson Montana Elvis Presley Dove Features:

Solid Sitka spruce top
Solid curly maple back and sides
Round profile curly maple neck
Rosewood fretboard
Split parallelogram mother-of-pearl fretboard inlays
Rosewood bridge
Checkerboard marquetry
6-ply top binding
4-ply back binding
25-3/4" scale
Nickel Grover tuners
L.R. Baggs Element electronics
Gibson Elvis Presley Dove Acoustic Guitar
This stunning Gibson acoustic guitar is a takeoff on the 1960's Dove dreadnought body style and features a truss rod cover engraved with Elvis' signature. Super-flash looks from gloss ebony finish, split parallelogram mother-of-pearl fretboard inlays, rosewood bridge, checkerboard marquetry, and multi-ply binding. The guitar has a loud, high-integrity tone that comes from a solid Sitka spruce top and solid curly maple back and sides. Round profile curly maple neck. 25-3/4" scale and nickel Grover tuners. Includes hardshell case. L.R. Baggs electronics accurately amplify its rich acoustic tone.

wow! thanks for all the info...yeah if i had the money I'd totally buy all those guitars too lol
and i had no clue that he had multiple irish falcons!!!! geez! lol
thanks again and thanks theedgeu2 too!

check this out! some lucky girl met Bono last night! they just happened to be at the same place at the same time!! :)sad: not fair!) lol :)
P3060412.JPG

"
yes, I met Bono, the BONO, from U2!!! This is not an impersonator, but the real deal, Bono!
this is what happens when you happen to be at the Standard Hotel (note: neither of us were staying there, we both just happened to be in their outdoor patio area at the same time....not sure about the Standard in New York, but I am not a fan of their "clear glass" bathroom walls like at the one on LA. Yes, when you are in the shower, if you have anyone staying with you, they can see you right through the glass, in the shower! No thanks!) in NY at the same time as Bono.
His friend was nice enough to take a very, non-scary looking picture, and Bono was very nice and gracious...
and now, I officially have a "beautiful day, Bono-U2" photo......!
huge love from kandee AND Bono! (hee hee hee)"
http://kandeethemakeupartist.blogspot.com/2010/04/bono-from-u2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom