Miscellaneous Picture Mix #20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lera said:
Can't.. stop.. saving.. pictures.. Thank you everyone!

Ooh, thank you so much! Where are these from? I know they are from Ruisrock but what magazine. They are scans, right? I especially love the second one.

Yes they are both scans from Finnish newspaper articles that I have uploaded onto my other computer at home! I can't remember the names of the newpapers, they're not recent articles or anything, but I'll post the whole articles tomorrow evening, if you're interested?!? :wink:

Here's an article from last years august issue of 7 päivää in the mean time....

7piv.jpg

:rolleyes:

U2isthebest said:
^^What is that article about?:eyebrow: By the way, I'm 25% Finnish :D :reject:

I had feeling someone might ask! :wink: Well, each year in Finland is a held a national tango singing contest and winners of the contest (one man and one woman) are crowned Tango King and Queen. And part of last years Tango Queens price was a holiday in the south of France, and one night our Tango Queen Kati went to fancy restaurant and some time during the meal Bono walks in and the magazines reporter following Kati's every move, introduces Kati to Bono and he says (the caption in the red square) "So you're a Finnish tango singer?" And the caption in the yellow star just says 'Kati froze with joy' at meeting Bono obviously!! :D

So you're 25% Finnish eh?!? Does that mean one of your grandparents is Finnish? :hmm:

hcbiggs2002 said:

I had feeling someone might ask! :wink: Well, each year in Finland is a held a national tango singing contest and winners of the contest (one man and one woman) are crowned Tango King and Queen. And part of last years Tango Queens price was a holiday in the south of France, and one night our Tango Queen Kati went to fancy restaurant and some time during the meal Bono walks in and the magazines reporter following Kati's every move, introduces Kati to Bono and he says (the caption in the red square) "So you're a Finnish tango singer?" And the caption in the yellow star just says 'Kati froze with joy' at meeting Bono obviously!! :D

So you're 25% Finnish eh?!? Does that mean one of your grandparents is Finnish? :hmm:

Aww!!! That is such a sweet story!:cute: I want to be Bono's Tango Queen:shifty: And yes, my Grandpa on my mother's side of the family was 100% Finnish. He spoke the language, read the books, and listened to the music, but I wasn't around him much, so I never picked anything up.:( I'm also 25% Norwegian on my mother's side from her mother, and then I'm 50% Hungarian on my father's side because both of his parents are 100% Hungarian.

WOW!!! Its ages since I've been to PLEBA, (been spending too much time discussing a couple of little concerts i went to here recently...LOL...)so lots and lots of yummy pics to catch up on- you girls are ALL terrific.
Here's one you might like....

301460435_96446ed1e4.jpg

And one more...

301460000_f60328324a.jpg

Ok...just one more...

303036338_9b4cff3e95.jpg

:love: :love: :love:

hcbiggs2002 said:

Yes they are both scans from Finnish newspaper articles that I have uploaded onto my other computer at home! I can't remember the names of the newpapers, they're not recent articles or anything, but I'll post the whole articles tomorrow evening, if you're interested?!? :wink:

Here's an article from last years august issue of 7 päivää in the mean time....

7piv.jpg

:rolleyes:
Yes, I'm very interested! :D Thanks!

"Olet siis suomalainen tangolaulaja?" I don't know why but I can't stop laughing. Thank you for posting this!

mandy1973 said:
WOW!!! Its ages since I've been to PLEBA, (been spending too much time discussing a couple of little concerts i went to here recently...LOL...)so lots and lots of yummy pics to catch up on- you girls are ALL terrific.

301460435_96446ed1e4.jpg

And one more...

301460000_f60328324a.jpg

Ok...just one more...

303036338_9b4cff3e95.jpg

Those are great! Did you take those at the Adelaide show?
Love the last one with no shades.

mandy1973 said:

301460435_96446ed1e4.jpg

And one more...

301460000_f60328324a.jpg

Ok...just one more...

303036338_9b4cff3e95.jpg

Hot Damn!!! Those are gorgeous!!:drool: :drool: I especially love the Bono/Larry one....too much hotness so close!!:shifty:

Hey, those are made by Knappevent from U2-vt.com right? :D
He's a fellow dutchie and a really great photographer! :love:

sweaty Bono pics :drool:

hcbiggs2002, thank you sooo much! You rock. I love the second article. :)

edit: Oh yeah, forgot. Have you seen the Ruisrock pictures that were in IRC-Galleria? Someone had a few pictures there (well I don't know if she or he still has them there because I'm not a member anymore). :p

Last edited:
Lera said:
hcbiggs2002, thank you sooo much! You rock. I love the second article. :)

edit: Oh yeah, forgot. Have you seen the Ruisrock pictures that were in IRC-Galleria? Someone had a few pictures there (well I don't know if she or he still has them there because I'm not a member anymore). :p

No I don't believe I have but here are a few more I have....

AdamBonoRuisRock82.jpg

bwbonobabybeachsings.jpg

I was just going to post those color pictures! Expect one of them which I'm going to save now. :D Thank you!

Yeah I had a feeling you might be talking about those pics! :wink: It's a small but loyal community of U2 fans here. Are you a member of U2Finland? They're holding a get together in Vuosaari this saturday. :wink:

Last edited:
Heh. Bono, you coconut. Stop having girls pick you up! :lmao:

One of these days, some girl is gonna carry him quite away.

We're watching you Bonosapien researchers, so don't even think about it! :tsk: :evil:

Heh. People are right about one thing, Ali would be like cut the nonsense if he did it to her, but I doubt she gives a rat's ass about him doing it to someone else.

hcbiggs2002 said:
Yeah I had a feeling you might be talking about those pics! :wink: It's a small but loyal comminity of U2 fans here. Are you a member of U2Finland? They're holding a get together in Vuosaari this saturday. :wink:
Yeah, I'm a member. And I know about the meeting. It would be quite interesting to go there but unfortunately I can't. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom