Mary, Mary quite contrary....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirrorball Girl

Refugee
Here's a vaguely springlike U2 photo. It was taken in a park, at any rate. Anyway, when I look at this picture, the same one-word caption always occurs to me:

3337899523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E6%3B%3A%3E832%3EWSNRCG%3D32323879%3C577%3Anu0mrj

Help!

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

how pretty. I love gardening. I have daffodils right now that are blooming and have some that I need to transplant because a very nice guy gave me some for Valentines. I noticed that the Irises in my garden are in the process of growing and some have bloomed. I love Spring. Unfort. Atlanta is about to get hit with some cold ass temps tomorrow night, so a lot of my spring bulbs that are growing may freeze.
mad.gif
oh well.

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Here's a vaguely springlike U2 photo. It was taken in a park, at any rate. Anyway, when I look at this picture, the same one-word caption always occurs to me:
3337899523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E6%3B%3A%3E832%3EWSNRCG%3D32323879%3C577%3Anu0mrj

Help!

BWHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Yay Spring!

Actually, elizabeth...we're finally starting to get our winter weather around here...lol
smile.gif

But yes, days like the past week or so are one of the reasons I live in FL still...but just wait until we get to summer, I won't be lovin livin here anymore...
frown.gif
just a few more weeks and it'll get damn hot again...*sigh* I'll enjoy it while it lasts
smile.gif

Yay Spring!

And boy would I love for Adam to arrange MY flowers
wink.gif
(Hey, spring is the time for love, right? lol)

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Today it is +12 in Sunny Toronto, and although I didn't notice any signs of spring. I created my own. At lunch I rolled down my car windows, put on my sunglasses, and played Beautiful Day very loudly, on repeat!!!

It really is a Beautiful Day!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:

Help!

Hee hee!! Pics of Bono with a goat are always good for a laugh
wink.gif

Ahhh, yes spring...it's been sort of periodically spring around here. It'll get nice & warm and then we'll have a snowstorm just in case we thought we were gonna get off easy. Ah, mother nature is so bipolar...

Okay, here's the deal. 'Round here usually it snows all winter, like a normal winter, and is cold. However, this winter it keeps being 20 degrees for a week, no snow, then like 60 for a day, rain, then 20, no snow. We've been having crocuses coming up since fecking January. An apple tree got confused and bloomed in December. So, today, when I finally think we REALLY DID SKIP WINTER... someone tells me we're sposed to get four to six inches of snow tonite/tomorrow.
*cries*

Oh, and Bono+Farm Animals = always good for a laugh
wink.gif

------------------
"You's put on de leada' pants, de pants start tellin' ya' whut t'do. 'S coo', bro. WORD!" ~Bono

more springyness, eliz? YAY! i was all feelin springy today and all-so em....springyness to share? uh..well heck, even here in cow/polluted/factory country(New Jersey. No, it is not the garden state, everyone, in the place of where the flowers were, there are factories and power plants *sigh*) ANYHOO- it's all springy just about every day, but- tomorrow it's 'sposed to be collldd so yeah- that's what i have to say.
smile.gif

------------------
i talk too much, so talk with me! AIM: BoNovoX2U2
or talk to me through evil MSN : u2jamjar@hotmail.com

Originally posted by elizabeth:
3337899523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E589%3E%3A%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D32323879%3B962%3Bnu0mrj

3337899523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E589%3E%3A%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D32323879%3B9629nu0mrj

3337899523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E589%3E%3A%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D32323879%3B962%3Cnu0mrj

Crocuses!!! I love those flowers! We used to have them in the front of our house, but the chipmunks ate the bulbs!
mad.gif

I love spring, though. My favorite season. I can't wait for the air to start smelling like spring. *floats off to never never land with visions of May in her head*

------------------
MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

ok hippy here it is.....

hard to tell scale, but this is the bike i need to ride during my show tomorrow!!!

it's about 2 feet high!!!!

33378%3C4723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E589%3E%3A%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232387%3A87729nu0mrj

imagine me on it...i am clumsy....LOL!!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

ok hippy here it is.....

hard to tell scale, but this is the bike i need to ride during my show tomorrow!!!

it's about 2 feet high!!!!

33378%3C4723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E589%3E%3A%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232387%3A87729nu0mrj

imagine me on it...i am clumsy....LOL!!

ELIZ: *squeak squeak* Hi kids! *falls off bike*

KIDS: *Laugh*

ELIZ: I'm here to tell you about gears...

KIDS: *giggle* We already know about ears

ELIZ: *smile* Not ears little ones...GEARS!

*suddenly there is a piercing shriek from teh back of the room*

HIPPY'S KID: OMD! ARE THOSE ADAM PANTS!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ELIZ: *face lights up* Why yes, yes they are!

HIPPY'S KID: Are you the pants lady? Can I have your autograph? You know my mommy...you and me are gonna be best friends cause you have AdamPants!

ELIZ: Awww...you even did the hippy AdamNoun thing
smile.gif
How cute...here's an autograph...

HIPPY'S KID: Thanks, Ms. AdamPants! I love you! *runs home to mommy*

biggrin.gif
The end...my silly little pantsdrama for the evening...that was really dumb, but I'll post anyway
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Hey all....I know have too many threads up right now. I'm sorry about it....and sorry for starting this new one, sort of. I wanted to share some SPRING!!

I know many of you in the South (hippy) have nice weather, but here in Pgh and other more northerly places, it is still chilly. But there is HOPE!!

Look what greeted me in my garden this morning:

3337899523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E589%3E%3A%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D32323879%3B962%3Bnu0mrj

3337899523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E589%3E%3A%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D32323879%3B9629nu0mrj

3337899523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E589%3E%3A%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D32323879%3B962%3Cnu0mrj

anyone else have any Spring-y thoughts they want to share???

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
Haven't you noticed the crokuses (sp) are always first? They can't wait for spring!

I KNOW!!! they are like me...dying for winter to end...

I was laughing at your trouble with the plural of "crocus." I was trying to say it to my husband and I was like...."crocuses? croci? I dunno."

He looked at me and said "croci?"

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Loverly photos, Elizabeth. They make me happy.

I have a spring-y thought! Yesterday was gorgeous here in WI. So I threw open the window in my room and closed the door, leaving it open all day.

When I went in last night to bed, my room smelled absolutely heavenly. I don't know quite how to characterize the smell, but I'm ya'll know what I'm talking about -- the smell of fresh air, the smell of spring approaching. Lovely!

Anyone have any spring U2 photos to share? Adam arranging flowers? Etc.?
wink.gif

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

Hey Elizabeth, did Adam plant those for you??

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Originally posted by u2loopy:
Hey Elizabeth, did Adam plant those for you??

i wish.....

i planted them all myself. i planted tons of tulips and daffodils all around the border gardens and all those little croci around one tree....they look so cute!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

HA! see what i told you all! jersey's pretty messed up! there was a fire drill, here today in prison a little while ago. no fire though, damn. anyways, the weather was all springy- but someone told me that friday or saturday it's supposed to snow. blarg. that just sucks.

------------------
i talk too much, so talk with me! AIM: BoNovoX2U2
or talk to me through evil MSN : u2jamjar@hotmail.com

anyone else have any Spring-y thoughts they want to share???

i have soap called "Irish Spring". i think this topic belongs in a raunchier thread elsewhere.

*sigh*

i miss the elevation thread
frown.gif

*glances around*

*post!*

3337989523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D3%3A5%3D7%3B8%3DXROQDF%3E2323278973883ot1lsi

oh, my! now, how did THAT get here?

*snicker*

*scurries off*

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

well, i am back from a three day wedding extravaganza. My adventures included 7am flights (getting up at 4am) on the way out AND the way back. ARGH!
Negative:we were so tired me and Ed slept through the rehearsal.
Positive: We made it to the dinner.
Positive: we purchased gummy butts and hot booby oil as gifts for the bride and groom.
Negative: We left them in pittsburgh. had to buy another set in philly.
Positive: we now own gummy butts and hot booby oil.
Negative: We now own gummy butts and hot booby oil.

The overall weekend was a success. We did some bowling, a few drinks, lots of dancing at the reception. Everything went great.

here is a pic of two of your favorite interferencers, DiGi and elizabeth! I have my arm around DiGi and ed, my hubby is kneeling down.

3338432323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E589%3E%3A%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D323238897%3B57%3Anu0mrj

sorry about the red eye.

i missed pleba these past three days!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

[This message has been edited by elizabeth (edited 03-03-2002).]

also, and this is largely for hippy and others who know what i do for a living, but here is a cute example of a program where i inflate this portable planetarium and taught Kindergarteners astronomy.

3338432323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E589%3E%3A%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D323238897%3A%3A%3B%3Bnu0mrj

3338432323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E589%3E%3A%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D323238897%3A%3B43nu0mrj

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Positive: we purchased gummy butts and hot booby oil as gifts for the bride and groom.
Negative: We left them in pittsburgh. had to buy another set in philly.
Positive: we now own gummy butts and hot booby oil.
Negative: We now own gummy butts and hot booby oil.

eliz, I'm at work and you just made EVERYONE STARE AT ME!!!! I busted out laughing at the gummy butts and hot booby oil!
biggrin.gif

And can I also say something else:

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE ONE OF THE PLANETARIUM PEOPLE!!!!!

I used to live for that when I was in school! That was my favorite part of the year! Cause you got to crawl through the little tunnel and then you got to all lay around the outside and look at the "stars"! I loveth the portable planetarium!

No wonder all those little kiddies love you
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

*squeeze*

Those flowers look like Pikmin waiting to be picked. If anyone knows what I'm talking about...

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
Agrees with Hippy, I loved the Portable Planetarium. It was a major highlight of my elem. school days. Eliz, you have very cute kinder class.

smile.gif

actually, they are not my kids....my students, i guess is a better way to say it. For my job, I drive to a diff. school every day and do diff programs everyday. For instance, tomorrow I am doing 5 diff classroom programs for grades 3-5.

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE SO MANY PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE UNISPHERE!!! THAT IS SOOO COOL!!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Back
Top Bottom