Larry in the news (gasp)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonochick said:

"I'm a cynic about all that lovey-dovey stuff. A marriage is a partnership and you better look at it that way or you're in trouble!
All that lovey-dovey business gets in the way. How's she gonna feel about him in a couple of years when he's pickin' his nose? Or when he's pickin' her nose?"

I thought he meant that you'd better be dead serious about a relationship before you get married and that it shouldn't be based just on the "lovey-dovey" aspect (which I wholeheartedly agree with; he's a smart guy). He actually is speaking negatively about lovey-dovey romance. :shrug:

I've always wondered, too, if Larry and Ann have been married for a while and we just don't know it. He is a very secretive guy. And if Elvis (moderator guy) knows something...

I love Larry as much as you do, but anyone truly normal doesn't have a kid named Elvis...

"I'm a cynic about all that lovey-dovey stuff. A marriage is a partnership and you better look at it that way or you're in trouble!
All that lovey-dovey business gets in the way. How's she gonna feel about him in a couple of years when he's pickin' his nose? Or when he's pickin' her nose?"-Larry Mullen, Jr.

Oh, Larry, you old romantic. That phrase belongs on a Hallmark card.

Laura1971 said:
I love Larry as much as you do, but anyone truly normal doesn't have a kid named Elvis...

Actually, Elvis is a very common name in the southern part of the united states.has been for aaaaages! I live and have grown up in those parts.

Elvis was famous for his rock and roll, but his mother gave him a very common name.

just my two cents.:wink:

Last edited:
Just to add my own opinion....If Larry and Anne are not married...I think they've been together so long because Larry trusts her to know the "real" him. I mean...she's known him from before he was a rock star. Now that he's famous he probably feels there are alot of women who want him simply because of what he's become. I think Anne represents a type of safety net for him. However...having said that, I also think if they're not married it's easier to play the field, so to speak. People grow and change through time. The person you are at the age of 15, which is when they supposedly met, is not the same person you are in your 20's, 30's and 40's. Nor is it the person you will be later in life. Then again, having never met either one of them, they might be the perfect one for the other. As far as the kids...I thought Aaron Elvis was their sons name and then there were 2 girls...Ava and Anya????

Back
Top Bottom