Just out of curiosity, have you ever met any of the wives/gfs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bjork

Acrobat
I haven't heard anyone talk about meeting Ali, Morleigh, or Anne. Have you ever met them or seen them in person?

Originally posted by Bjork:
Originally posted by paxetaurora:
Never have, but is it "Ann" or "Anne"?

Like it matters. She's got my guy and I'm bitter about it.

Yeah, same here.

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

I?ve seen one of Bono?s and Ali?s kids. Eli to be precise. He?s such a cutie!!!

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

i thought i saw ali the other day walkin up to her house,i wouldnt reconise the others so i dont know.

------------------
"was she askin for it,was she askin nice ,if she was askin for it,did she ask you twice"

What if you ran into one of them at the grocery store, or in front of their house. Would you say anything? What would you say?

A friend of mine saw Bono and Ali in a grocery store in San Francisco during the Joshua Tree days. And, another one saw Bono and Ali driving (bono behind the wheel) in Sausolito (right outside of San Fran) in 1990. She said Bono smiled at her and motioned for her to go ahead and cross the street. I guess I need to hang out with my friends more.

I've bumped into Bono holding Eli.... but no Ali in sight.

------------------
You're talking, you walk
'Cause you can't refuse
Learning to walk
In those dancin' shoes

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 02-01-2002).]

Originally posted by Bjork:
Originally posted by paxetaurora:
Never have, but is it "Ann" or "Anne"?

Like it matters. She's got my guy and I'm bitter about it.

Yep, same here.
tongue.gif

(And it's Ann.)

------------------
My scream got lost in a paper cup...

Me neither Martha.
I wonder what I'd do? Probably do something INCREDIBLY dumb. LOL

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by martha:
I'm sorry, I can't seem to get past this.

Yes, I actually literally BUMPED into him!!!!It was the greatest surprise moment of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was in Vancouver last spring. I was with my family walking up the street at about 9:00m am and he was walking down the street holding Eli. My family was walking infront of me and I had my head down so I didn't see him coming...... then BANG! I walked right into him. I look up and see it's him (At this point, my heart drops into my stomach). He says, "Oh, I'm so sorry". I say, "No, no, it was my fault... don't worry about it." Then I start walking again.... I keep looking back to watch him. When I cault up to my family.... they said, "that guy really looked like that Bone-o guy of yours". I couldn't even speak.

It was the greatest thing ever!!!!! It lasted only seconds, but I can't get over it! I didn't even think of asking him for an autograph or picture, but he was with Eli (I don't like the fact of bugging people when they have there family around) and plus I didn't even have a camera (or I might of taken a picture of him walking away *hint hint*)

Just telling this story again makes me all fuzzy inside!!!

------------------
You're talking, you walk
'Cause you can't refuse
Learning to walk
In those dancin' shoes

Morleigh, whatever, I wouldn't know her if she had on a name tag.
Ali-I'd be starstruck, I really think she's my role model.
Ann-I would have a very hard time maintaining my composure. I don't think I could control myself. I seriously think I would follow her around(like at a store or on the street) I know I'd think bad thoughts, but at the same time I'd be thinking"Damn, that woman is lucky"
Then I'd run to the nearest computer and post it all here.

Originally posted by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen:
Yes, I actually literally BUMPED into him!!!!It was the greatest surprise moment of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was in Vancouver last spring. I was with my family walking up the street at about 9:00m am and he was walking down the street holding Eli. My family was walking infront of me and I had my head down so I didn't see him coming...... then BANG! I walked right into him. I look up and see it's him (At this point, my heart drops into my stomach). He says, "Oh, I'm so sorry". I say, "No, no, it was my fault... don't worry about it." Then I start walking again.... I keep looking back to watch him. When I cault up to my family.... they said, "that guy really looked like that Bone-o guy of yours". I couldn't even speak.

It was the greatest thing ever!!!!! It lasted only seconds, but I can't get over it! I didn't even think of asking him for an autograph or picture, but he was with Eli (I don't like the fact of bugging people when they have there family around) and plus I didn't even have a camera (or I might of taken a picture of him walking away *hint hint*)

Wow!
biggrin.gif

You were close to Bono's chest?

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by On The Edge:
Wow!
biggrin.gif

You were close to Bono's chest?

Yes!!!! I DID touch his chest! And his left arm!!! And I saw my future husband before I even saw Bono... Eli... he's the cutest kid on the planet and looks like Bono when he was a baby..... therefore what will Eli grow up to be??? SEXY!

------------------
You're talking, you walk
'Cause you can't refuse
Learning to walk
In those dancin' shoes

Yes!!!! I DID touch his chest! And his left arm!!! And I saw my future husband before I even saw Bono... Eli... he's the cutest kid on the planet and looks like Bono when he was a baby..... therefore what will Eli grow up to be??? SEXY!

*squeal* I LOVE Bono's chest and left arm!

Eli is such a cutie! I'm jealous over you bumping into him too.
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

I was at Tampa International on Nov. 30 when I heard: "Morleigh Steinberg, please pick up the nearest phone!!... Morleigh Steinberg"
My stomach drops, and I stop and look around quick enough to see a gorgeous brunette walking past me. What a pretty lady!!

I saw Ali in the Heart in Vegas. She had a white tank top on and a sweater around her waist. She had no makeup on and looked very tired. I believe Jordan was walking around at some point. *sigh*

I have to say Anne is very very plain-looking, based on her pictures.

Lucky Lucky women, indeed.
frown.gif

*is lying on floor passed out*

Nope, thank God, but I saw Naomi Campbell! She was a bitch!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

(lies on the floor passed out next to martha, esp. about that "bumping into Bono" story, OMD!!!!!!)
eek.gif

I missed Ali/Jordan in Vegas????? *thunk* Actually, I did see Morleigh and Sian inside the heart at Vegas about 10 feet away from me, I think that was (besides seeing the guys themselves) the highlight of my week - she was gorgeous with that delicious long wavy hair, and little Sian looked like a tiny Morleigh/Edge (ever notice how E/M sort of look like each other?).

I REALLY want some Bono bumpage about now.
smile.gif

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
I was at Tampa International on Nov. 30 when I heard: "Morleigh Steinberg, please pick up the nearest phone!!... Morleigh Steinberg"
My stomach drops, and I stop and look around quick enough to see a gorgeous brunette walking past me. What a pretty lady!!

I saw Ali in the Heart in Vegas. She had a white tank top on and a sweater around her waist. She had no makeup on and looked very tired. I believe Jordan was walking around at some point. *sigh*

I have to say Anne is very very plain-looking, based on her pictures.

Lucky Lucky women, indeed.
frown.gif

Originally posted by Discoteque:

smile.gif

Holy fecking A! I had to look twice at that because I thought you said Bono H-umpage! *kari blushes*

redface.gif

redface.gif

redface.gif

Can you say 'scandalized'?

At the second Slane show Ali was standing at the front of the heart between the stage and the crowd - she's actually really stunning.

If I ran into any of them around Dublin I wouldn't say anything - sure they get enough stares in the street as it is. Also I'm not actually jealous of Ali/Ann as I think they have to deal with a lot - and Ali is an amazing woman. If she wasn't with Bono I'd have no chance with him anyway so I'm not going to get bitter about it!

On second thoughts, things might be different if I run into Naomi Campbell...
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Bonoforever (edited 02-03-2002).]

Originally posted by Discoteque:

smile.gif

i hear you, disco!

i'd be almost as happy to meet ali as i would her husband. she's really cool.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

supposidly (is that spelled right, it looks weird) adam is dating a woman named susan who works for the band.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

Originally posted by madonna's child:
supposidly (is that spelled right, it looks weird) adam is dating a woman named susan who works for the band.

Yes, Susie Smith of Principle. They've been together for a few years, but noone that I know of has ever seen her.

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

[This message has been edited by On The Edge (edited 02-03-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom