In need of guy advice......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
I'm shocked. I think I may actually have a crush on a guy my age who's NOT a celebrity!!!! :ohmy: It's totally shocking. Anyway, I don't know very much about him but the little interaction I've had has led my instincts to think that he's a really sweet guy. However, even though he's in my 2nd period class, I get little opportunity to actually talk to him. He sits across the room from me so when he's not looking I kind of stare at him (he has a GORGEOUS smile) and I occasionally catch him looking at me too :eek:. What do I do to try and develop this relationship from afar into a better friendship and then hopefully....relationship?

Talk to him - Ask him if he did a question from the homework last night, if he watched the football game, or something like that :)

ask about what kind of music he's into (can't be dating boys who listen to nickelback :wink:), maybe what movies he's seen, books he's read... small stuff can reveal a lot about the person, and most everyone likes to talk about themselves.

or, in your case, perhaps you should ask who his favourite politician is. might as well figure out right off if he's worth the effort! :wink:

i remember the first time he said something to me...it was the day after election day and he walked in an looked at me and in all sincerity said "i'm sorry, laura." it was so sweet! ew listen to me. :yuck:

I had a similar problem when I was in high school. There was a guy I liked and we sat at opposite ends of the classroom and had NO idea how to start a conversation with him.

I let things go the WHOLE year until about a week before school got out and I asked him to sign my yearbook. He said yes and handed me his to sign, even though we really didn't know each other aside from minor conversations here and there. I put my e-mail address in his yearbook and over the summer I got one from him.

Now it's five years later and we're still friends even though we've been through years of I-like-you-but-you're-with-someone (he broke up with his girlfriend for me and then later cheated on me :|) and when we FINALLY got together we only lasted two weeks. :huh:

So, don't do that.

It sounds like he likes you, and if neither one of you makes the first move, nothing will come of it. You could be missing out on something wonderful. Ask him if he'd like to go out for coffee, or if he'd like to study w/ you in the library, something like that..

God I feel old, and am thinking about all the guys I liked in HS who would never give me the time of day :(

Yer cute. :) My advice, for what it's worth, is to ask him to do you a favor. It doesn't have to be anything major, but it must be genuine—something you REALLY need help with. Because he'll know otherwise, and so will you, and, consequently, it will come off as awkward.

You have to be careful with guys that age. They have multiple personalities and they rarely have any confidence. So if you're too obvious or too forward, depending on his personality, you could either turn him off or, worse, embarrass him.

Just ask him to do you a small favor or ask him to help you with a small school-related problem. Trust me, this works everytime. You get to open up a line of conversation, you get to see how he responds without you having to show your cards, HE gets to feel a sense of value and accomplishment in your eyes. And best yet, you get to show your appreciation in whichever manner you choose. :)

Be brave, li'l buccaroo :)

--Dr. LPU2

Yer cute. :) My advice, for what it's worth, is to ask him to do you a favor. It doesn't have to be anything major, but it must be genuine—something you REALLY need help with. Because he'll know otherwise, and so will you, and, consequently, it will come off as awkward.

You have to be careful with guys that age. They have multiple personalities and they rarely have any confidence. So if you're too obvious or too forward, depending on his personality, you could either turn him off or, worse, embarrass him.

Just ask him to do you a small favor or ask him to help you with a small school-related problem. Trust me, this works everytime. You get to open up a line of conversation, you get to see how he responds without you having to show your cards, HE gets to feel a sense of value and accomplishment in your eyes. And best yet, you get to show your appreciation in whichever manner you choose. :)

Be brave, li'l buccaroo :)

--Dr. LPU2

I WOULD talk to him, I would ask him questions and such, the problem is I rarely get a chance to talk to him! He always walks into class as it's time to start, so I can't really get up and go over and talk to him. Though his 4th period is right next to mine (i'm in it right now :shifty:) so maybe I can catch him going in and out of the classroom. I'll try!

PS-He seems kind of shy so I don't want to scare him, as LPU2 suggested.

I must say this is the first time I've been physically attracted to a guy my age. Finally! Unfortunately I'm an impatient person but this is going to take time if i want any chance of getting a relationship out of this.

OK right now i'm just trying to get him to A) notice me B) notice that i notice him (if that makes sense). I'll often smile at him at class or give him a thumbs up if he gets an answer right. Baby steps!

Back
Top Bottom