If you had only 5 minutes.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Foadie:
Even though I'm a full fledged Larry gal, I would want to say thank you to Bono. His words pulled me out of a dark depression, especially when my boyfriend Joseph died in the 9-11 attacks. I wouldn't know what to say to him except for that he is my hero and he is the world's hero.

I am very very sorry to hear that & i hope your days have gotten much brighter.

If your in the city, U2NYC is having a grammy party you should join us... =)

Starr

Originally posted by mocool12:

Ok, I'd talk with Edge. I've always wondered what I'd say to anyone of them though- because I'm sure they've heard it all. (Oh and yes, I'd try to slip in a little hug first.)

Heh -- I had a dream in November that I was walking along out of a restaurant and saw Bono and Edge, and at first I walked to the side of Edge, put my arms on his neck and he just said nothing and lifted my arms away from his neck right away.
wink.gif
Then I gave up and went up to Bono and tried saying,"Can't I just have ONE hug? PLEASE? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?" and he just walked down some steps.
frown.gif
Oh well, I know he isn't that mean in real life.
biggrin.gif

Oh yes, and in answer to the original question.. I'd pick Bono, and probably ask for a hug first, and then ask some meanings behind songs, then say how much I love U2.
smile.gif
Yes, I'm not very original.

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Ok, of course it would be with Larry and I would say: Can you pleeeeeeeeeease pleeeeeeeease say "It's a musical journey, Cristy" for me? and then i'd record that...then I'd ask for a Hug and a kiss on the cheek. Then I'd ask him to marry me
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Awww, what a fun question.
smile.gif

Bono.
After I stopped gasping... I think all he'd have to do is smile like he does, and I'd be okay. Then I hope I could say something about how it takes a big heart and a big soul to do what he does, and he shows me what's possible in my own life. (Really, I've thought on it so much, I might even have the presence of mind to say it to him -- alone, at least.) And then I'd thank him to the stars...
And then I'd leave the room, and cry. *shaky sigh*

Funny, when I try to imagine if it was one of the other guys, I can only think to stare.
biggrin.gif
Maybe, Bono bein' the "word guy," I've been kinda conversing with him for years. And we know he likes to talk.
wink.gif
The others...[look out, she's off again --]
Edge's quiet, omnivorous intellect intimidates me, and I'd fear disturbing him. *L*
Larry's years of no-bullshit grimacing onstage have done their job: I don't wanna bug him.
Adam, whom I've loved and *ahem* lusted after, has become this steady, battle-wise, survivor... see, I get just choked up with admiration for him, for kicking all the shit ten years ago. For making his peace with the demons that ALWAYS lie in wait behind the "medication," for choosing the band, for choosing life... For demonstrating professionally and personally, by his bond with these three avowed believers, what his heart is made of... yet, I could say none of that, because even though it's on the public record, it's too personal. It isn't my place to bring up those things, and yet I think I'd get teary just meeting his eyes. For all that U2 has given me, yes, I hope I could sputter a thank you to him. To all of them, for letting such big music speak through them.
Ah, but shite: where would ya start, really??
biggrin.gif

*mooning now*
Deb D

------------------
He set my feet upon a rock
made my footsteps firm

the greatest frontman in the world -- by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

Starr, I would just hope that I could have an experience similar to yours. I mean, you pretty much said everything I would say (to Bono of course)...

Thanks for all the great tunes and great fun, for introducing me to ideas and to people I never would have known. Tell your wife she's a saint and thanks for sharing you with us.
wink.gif
Keep on working for the things that are important to you, you really are an inspiration.

Peace

Oh and PS thanks for giving my kids something to listen to besides N'Sync. :p

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I think I'm pretty sure in knowing that no one would SERIOUSLY REALLY ACTUALLY do anything to / with Bono whilst he's married....

'scuse me~ "whilst"?? are we suggesting something?

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

I'd say, "Larry! Do me! And make it snappy - we only have 4 minutes and 45 seconds!"
eek.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

honestly, my mind would stall and i wouldn't know what to say. just trying to imagine it makes me all giddy and i can't think of anything to say right now as it is!! LMAO! one of them would say hi, i'd blush like a maniac, and perhaps latch onto one of them in such a way it'd take the jaws of life to pry me off
smile.gif

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
LMAO.... so if Ali wasn't an issue....?

O no!!! Eeeek!!!

*scandal shovel* *dig dig dig* Feck!

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL
And planting an amazing fern on her shoulder... ~ScottPhisto~

I got lost in the Netherlands!!

You can dream, But you can never go back the way you came

Well ... erm ... *combusts*

Let's not even go there ... I think there would suddenly be a whole big group of PLEBA gals moving to Ireland.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

I shouldn't say this but If Ali wasn't an issue, and somehow we were alone.... We'll let's just say that my boyfriend might not be too happy with me the next day
biggrin.gif

You girls are BAD !!!!

I don't want to do dirty things to any of them....am i the only one?

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

Originally posted by Starr:
You girls are BAD !!!!

YES!!! Just Kidding!!

Please don't think that I am a slut, because I am not. I guess that I am just a "U2 Slut"!!

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

I can't imagine what I would say for five minutes.
When I finally got the chance to meet Bono last April, after 12 years of going to concerts, I didn't really have anything in mind except maybe an autograph or a picture, but 30 seconds before he got to me in the line I made up my mind that... no I wouldn't bother him with either one and I would just say Thank You.
We held hands and I just looked in to his eyes and said thankyouthankyouthankyou....
smile.gif
I think I stopped after three. After he went to the next person in line, I had to try VERY hard NOT to CRY .... my eyes did get all watery tho.
It was just so unbelievable to me to be standing that close to him after so many close calls in the past. I had given him a rose with a note attatched at a LoveTown concert and he read the note and gave the rose back to me, but I really didn't count that as a meeting. Then every other time after that he had always just left or the band wouldn't come out at all. I was always so close but so far away
wink.gif

I'd just wanna hear Bono talking
biggrin.gif
And maybe touch the leather....

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL
And planting an amazing fern on her shoulder... ~ScottPhisto~

I got lost in the Netherlands!!

You can dream, But you can never go back the way you came

All I'd want from Larry is for him to say "I am a sexy mofo..." cause he knows it's true!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Take me to that other place...

I am very very sorry to hear that & i hope your days have gotten much brighter.

If your in the city, U2NYC is having a grammy party you should join us... =)

Starr

Thanks Starr.
smile.gif

i have thought and thought....i don't know what i'd say. i have no idea. i've drawn a complete blank. it's like, i'm staring at them, and they are staring at me, and i'm like "duh" and they are like "yeees?"

You girls are BAD !!!!

Uhm you know let's see I don't want to, wouldn't try to, and if given the chance wouldn't be able to carry it out, but the thought of it is amusing.

Originally posted by elizabeth:
i have thought and thought....i don't know what i'd say. i have no idea. i've drawn a complete blank. it's like, i'm staring at them, and they are staring at me, and i'm like "duh" and they are like "yeees?"

LMAO been there done that, so I guess that answers your 5 min. questions. Actually I had no voice that night so it wasn't fair, I couldn't even say thank though I tried really hard (LA 11/13/01).

Uhm if given another fair 5 mins. I'd ask Bono when they plan on going back to Brasil and he'd probably talk for the remainding of the time with any luck we'd start talking about how beautiful the country is and I'd cheat my way past the time limit. Of course I wouldn't let him get away w/o letting me say thanks.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

To Larry:

thankyoufortheshowI'mgladyoucouldplay.

*slaps forhead*
*tries not to drop anything on him*

Ah, feck it all.... I don't think I'd get a coherent sentence out.... except that to tell him thanks for the inspiration to me and to my friends. He has a quick wit and a dry sense of humor - I find that fascinating... I think I'd probably be just happy standing there listening to him interact with people (much like I did when I met him) and trying to not drool on myself.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them, as if this wasn't enough?"

"Something they can take home with them? I'm not taking off my clothes!"
~Larry, Much Music Interview
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas
Hit Gurl

[This message has been edited by moon_is_playing_tricks (edited 01-18-2002).]

I'd go up to Bono, put my arms around him and ask him to dance....or maybe that's backwards. Mayeb I'd ask him to dance then put my arms around him...that's more legal. Then, while dancing (even if there was no music) I'd just say "Thank you so much for changing my life. You saved my soul. Your music means so much to me. You're an inspiration and my hero. when I grow up, I want to be just like you." Or something to that effect.

Then I'd just give him a big kiss on the cheek and whipser "Thank you" again.

Well, I hope I would be able to say thank you and something about how much their music has meant to me. I have a feeling I'd probably just ramble on and on and on...
P.S. If it was Adam I have to say something about spoons! LOL! I'm such a nerd. Jen
smile.gif

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
To Larry:

thankyoufortheshowI'mgladyoucouldplay.

*slaps forhead*
*tries not to drop anything on him*

Ah, feck it all.... I don't think I'd get a coherent sentence out....
Lol, Moonie!! That would probably be ME. I can't even talk to those cashier people in the market! Imagine talking to Bono. O MY DAD.

MONA: Excuse me, Bono?

*drops self*

*pulls self up using Bono's leg*

BONO: Em...

MONA: O GEEZ, sorry, I wasn't trying to-- not that you're not-- em...

*turns around and accidentally steps on Larry's foot and elbows Edge in the gut, knocking him over*

O GEEZ. I- I'm sorry. Heheh gravity and I -- we're not the best of friends. ANYWAY....

*sees Adam out of the corner of her eye* EEK! It's ADAM! And he's probably turned on for some reason or another and I don't wanna get in the way of that!

*gets paper out of pocket* Tell Bono: Gee, you're shiny. Listen, Mr. Boner-- Bono. There's something my friends at PLEBA wanted to tell you--

BONO: What's a PLEBA?

ABUELA: What's a Bono?

MONA: What th-? Em...it's...

BONO: *LOOKS at Mona...with his EYES*

MONA: Eh...

BONO: *breathes*

MONA: WEHADCHICKENFORDINNERATMYHOUSETHEOTHERNIGHTANDMYBROTHERWELLHESPILLEDHISPEPSI.

BONO: .... *pats Mona on the head* Yes, dear. Now I know how you feel, Lawrence.

LARRY: One day, Boner, you'll be able to give 'em a concussion.

MONA: *falls down*

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

You give your life for rock n' roll

*LMFAO*
Mona, did I tell you you're my Official PLEBA Hero?? God, girl, I don't know what you got but I'd be afraid of it if ya didn't make it so GOOD!!
gadamighty *wiping tears*

Deb D

ps, darlin' -- may I email that to a U2ey friend??

[This message has been edited by truecoloursfly (edited 01-20-2002).]

Originally posted by truecoloursfly:
*LMFAO*
Mona, did I tell you you're my Official PLEBA Hero?? God, girl, I don't know what you got but I'd be afraid of it if ya didn't make it so GOOD!!
gadamighty *wiping tears*

Deb D

ps, darlin' -- may I email that to a U2ey friend??

[This message has been edited by truecoloursfly (edited 01-20-2002).]
LOL
biggrin.gif
Aww Sure, I can use the publicity
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

You give your life for rock n' roll

Back
Top Bottom