I still know there was something I had to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kellyahern said:
:bump:

I have a headache that won't go away, but I don't want to take an Excedrin, because then I will be up all night.

Hope you're feeling better Kelly! :hug:

kellyahern said:
Yes, I bumped this thread for that.

:lol:

it was nice here today
high seventies, clear, slightly breezy
I went to Target and bought five shirts for $40. I am proud of myself. I had to alter three of them but I did it already and they turned out rather nice.
I also bought two big bottles of sunscreen so i don't fry like bacon when I leave next week.

hippy said:

not a lot of rain today... but VERY muggy... yeach :mad:

Lies, coming to Sanibel?

We'll be at Collier-Seminole for a few days and then wherever the wind takes us. Where should we go? We're supposed to be looking for jobs and apartments, but neither of us know where to start.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

We'll be at Collier-Seminole for a few days and then wherever the wind takes us. Where should we go? We're supposed to be looking for jobs and apartments, but neither of us know where to start.

Maybe start here?

Jobs: http://www.workswfl.com/
(and actually the MIVA Account Manager position will be coming open as soon as I leave lol... which will be as soon as possible -- probably July)

Relocation info from FM chamber of commerce: http://www.fortmyers.org/relocate-fort-myers.htm

You also might have some luck using www.rent.com in searching for apartments, etc.

:)

kellyahern said:
We usually go in July. I don't know about this year though. It depends on what is going on with my mother's back :(.

I love the Cheeburger Cheeburger Peanut Butter shake :drool:.

We usually go in October, but we got "hurricaned out" last year. Now that my sister has moved to the Orlando area, she can go any weekend she wants! :madspit: Trying to talk my brother and his wife into going this fall. I really miss it!

My son ate one of Cheeburger Cheeburger's one-pound burgers last time we were there--his picture is on their "Wall of Shame" somewhere.

Hope your mom will better so you can go. Is it beastly hot there in July?

kellyahern said:
We usually go in July. I don't know about this year though. It depends on what is going on with my mother's back :(.

I love the Cheeburger Cheeburger Peanut Butter shake :drool:.

We usually go in October, but we got "hurricaned out" last year. Now that my sister has moved to the Orlando area, she can go any weekend she wants! :madspit: Trying to talk my brother and his wife into going this fall. I really miss it!

My son at one of Cheeburger Cheeburger's one-pound burgers last time we were there--his picture is on their "Wall of Shame" somewhere.

Hope your mom will better so you can go. Is it beastly hot there in July?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
So I should check out Sanibel huh?

Yes, yes, and yes! You can find everything from fancy condos to small "mom-and-pop" places right on the beach. The beach on the west end of the island is the best. We've stayed at The Tropical Winds and The Blue Dolphin on the west end. Both are just steps from the beach. Not fancy, but clean and have everything provided, down to dish soap! Check out this link: http://www.sanibelsmallinns.com/

MsPurrl said:

My sister swandiver lives just south of Clermont, and she said it was 98 today. And here I am complaining about 90 here in Indiana. :wink:

:lol: yeah we were sitting out in the back yard today going "Man, it's hot."
but considering it was 50 up until a few days ago, I think it's warranted... I sure didn't miss Indiana weather while I was gone.

which reminds me, my location is wrong now.

Holy friggin cow there's a lot of bugs down here!

We finally got Internet at a Starbucks on Marco Island, only to learn that it was 102 degrees back home today! :lol: See, whenever I tell people I'm going to visit/live in Florida, all they comment on is how hot it is. But honestly, it gets just as hot in Michigan. The onyl difference is it's only hot in Michigan for 3 months, then it's friggid and snowing whereas here it's still sunny and pleasant. :D

Tomorrow we pack up camp and head to Fort Myers....

hippy said:
Twin, are you in the Caribbean? :cool:

not just yet... I leave Wednesday.
Wednesday night I have a hotel in St. Maarten, and I'll arrive on my tiny island Thursday morning.

but I'll tell you what, it sure was hot as hell here today! I went to see my dad's new band today and sat outside for 2 hours... see Lies's weather at home report

yes!
there is wireless in the building I live in because it is also the archaeology lab
and I, being a genius, figured out how to change the password so I can use it

it's ok because nobody could remember what it was anyway

I think so
it's a little rustic... there's one room in the building that has air conditioning, because Grant (mr. tiny island) keeps his books in there, but it also happens to be my bedroom that I share with Derek. We have to conserve water because it all comes from the sky and our building has its own personal cistern it goes into. It's kind of like camping.
Fortunately, the big grocery store is full of stuff from the US so I can get about anything I want there and most of the prices are fairly reasonable (AND they take my debit card).

I went to the beach today and swam out to the ruins of an old wall that's about 100 yards out, it's a reef now and there were fishies and stuff. I think the caribbean is officially my favorite body of water.

:drool:

Florida was lovely, see journal, only had the car get messed up twice :D Phil spent a lot of time with a guy in Fort Myers and a guy in Naples, at their Ys, and both seemed interested in him, so hopefully no one else as cool as Phil applies before the deadlines. I don't really know what jobs to look for because I feel like my degree is pretty worthless.... :huh:

Kristie, when my boss decides he loves me and needs to give me a bonus and an extra week of vacation, can I come stay with you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom