I Met Bono!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gav6519

War Child
ok, i had to share this with everyone, none of my friends will believe me, i hope you all do!!
i was with my girlfriend at the rem concert in dublin on wednesday night. we were standing about 10 metres from the entrance to the VIP area. i didnt pay much attention cause i just presumed it was maybe the bands family and winners of competitions or whatever.
then it happened, the band had just come back for the encore and were about 3/4 the way through everybody hurts, next thing 4 people walked right past me, coming from behind, each one of them rubbing my shoulders as they passed. first there was this big man then this wee small man with an army cap on backways with black hair sticking out the back, then a woman with black hair and last there was another huge man.
the first thing i thought was 'whats their problem'. then it clicked, they were walking very fast through the crowd and went straight to the vip area, my girlfriend said 'theres bono'. no way, but then as he was going up the steps of the vip area he turned around and it was, and HE HAD JUST HIT MY SHOULDER, 2 secs earlier!!:faint:

anyway, now i knew he was there and there was only one way in and out of the vip area, there was no way i was leaving. so after the concert we waited about 20 mins, the surprising thing was that there was only another 3 people waiting with us. then he and ali appeared along with the same bodyguards. he walked right up to me and i swear i froze, i stuck my hand out and he shook it and asked how i was doing!!!!!! i couldnt even say a word i was in that much shock! holy shit! i was the happiest man alive! then he done exactly the same thing to my girlfriend! then he just headed of towards the backstage area!!!!
so there you are, i've just met the man himself!!!! its hard to believe how small he is!
oh and by the way rem were excellent too!!!:applaud:

:lol: i was standing face to face with him, and he spoke to me!!!! :lol:

Last edited:
Totally great! I am always SO happy when I hear of another fan meeting or seeing the band. It is just so exciting, and it is something you will never forget.....and cool that you were at the REM concert.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Holy crap!
That's exactly what I said! :laugh:

What a great story!! I think I would have died of happiness...seeing REM and meeting Bono all at the same time. :faint: How lucky can you get??

:up: That's awesome! Congratulations! I'll bet REM was great too. I've seen lots of people around Dublin wearing the concert shirts and all.

REM were unreal!!! definetly the 2nd best band in the world, just ahead of oasis! michael stipe was on top form and man on the moon just blew the crowd away!!
i've no photos of bono, which has annoyed me ever since, cause we were gonna bring a brand new digital camera but then didnt in case something happened it! someone tried to take a picture close up but one of the bodyguards pushed the camera away.

:no:

thanks for all your replys, im sure you all understand i just had to share it!!!!:wave:
i still cant get over it though!!!!!:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom