I knew there was something I had to do... fünf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall tell you!

First you must ascertain if your phone can play real tones, or music tones, or whatever you call it when it can play stuff that doesn't sound like a crazy person with a synthesizer. It should say so if you look up your phone online or maybe if you have the book for it. You also will need a phone that can have an internet browser and get text messages.

I think I could make it play a crazy person with a synthesizer mofo, but I don't know how. Plus there's a ton of that kind of U2 ringtones on cingular.com and elsewhere.

Anyway. I used a program called xingtone that can be found at www.xingtone.com I think. You can download the trial version for free and it'll let you make one ringtone, or up to 10 varieties of said tone in case your first one (or 9) don't sound quite right. It's $20 to register and make as many ringtones as you want to. One is free, though.

So basically if you've got what you need you just download the program and follow the directions. Load your mp3, edit it to your specifications, click "send" and it'll send you a text message. Follow the link in the text message and download your ringtone and save it and voila! There you go.
The program will also give you specific directions for whatever phone you have, if you're not sure what you're doing.

actually I think if you have cingular and the right requirements I THINK I could send you my ringtone in a text message

though I don't know how much it costs and I've never done it before.

heh.

so, I'm reading my book on imperial spain
and I have the TV on but on mute with closed captions so when spain starts sucking my brains out I can watch tv for a minute or two
and I look up and there's a commercial for tonight's news at 10, and bono's talking to a reporter and the closed captions aren't working and it says under him "UBERSEXUALS"

and now I'm intrigued

Kristie said:
so, I'm reading my book on imperial spain
and I have the TV on but on mute with closed captions so when spain starts sucking my brains out I can watch tv for a minute or two
and I look up and there's a commercial for tonight's news at 10, and bono's talking to a reporter and the closed captions aren't working and it says under him "UBERSEXUALS"

and now I'm intrigued

:lol:

on a side note: Bono's on tv tonight? :)

apparently on the WB 11 News at 10, yes!

which is either out of hartford or new york
because I get two WB channels

and two NBCs and CBSs and ABCS.... but noooooooooo, no VH1

I think it is supposed to be a super macho manly man - if you do a search on here they were talking about it, I think in FYM - I think Bono may have invented the term? :confused:

ok!
I went ahead and watched the news.
Ubersexual is like... basically the perfect man. The term was invented by some woman who wrote a book. The news gave Bono as an example, along with Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and Jude Law (and Donald Trump and Arnold Schwarzenegger... go figure).

I'm so confused....Donald Trump and Jude Law are examples of the same thing? one thread says the ubersexual is LIKE a metrosexual, except for bla bla bla (list of reasons that really are nothing like a metrosexual)....and some say an ubersexual is a perfect man....or a manly man.....

....as far as I can figure...and ubersexual is just an all-encompassing term for a heterosexual male! :shrug:

so
sometimes this thread turns into an extension of me talking to myself

but!
This just made me laugh really really hard.
The quote from U2's publicist, that is.

and it even slightly relates to what we were talking about.

ouizy said:
RUSH Limbaugh seemed a little irked yesterday he wasn't named to a list of "ubersexuals" put out by an ad agency that decided "metrosexuals" are passé. The radio motormouth doesn't generally engage in scurrilous gossip (that's our purview). But yesterday, Limbaugh cited Pierce Brosnan, Jon Stewart, Ewan McGregor, Donald Trump, Bill Clinton and Bono as making the list — and then declared out of the blue that Bono has a mistress. The U2 frontman has been married for 23 years to high school sweetheart Ali Hewson, the mother of their four children. When a caller demanded to know what basis Limbaugh had in making his accusation, he replied cryptically: "You people are just going to have to trust me on this." U2's publicist told us: "This is so absurd it doesn't deserve a response. However, Bono and Edge have been spending a lot of time together in New York lately . . ."

thread was in FYM and can be found here: http://forum.interference.com/t142821.htmll

ooOo, it's dark. I suppose it's 12:30 am there. I'm smart. s-m-r-t.

In other news, they're lengthening the GRE. *beats head against desk*

it was broken for most of the day
I was sad

and whyyyyyyyyy do they need to lengthen the GRE? It takes like three hours as it is! Especially when you got your wisdom teeth out the day before and are pretty high on vicodin!

wait, I thought you were going to law school and had to take the.. uh.. something else instead of the GRE?

thanks for the webcam :)

The dentist gave me Vicodin after my root canal. I didn't have much pain, but I didn't feel high either :(.

Not that I want to get high (I'm the goodiest goody two shoes you'll ever meet :reject: ), but if I'm going to go through a root canal and actually get Vicodin, I'd like to know what all the fuss with Vicodin is about :lol:.

It's like, "Ooooooooo, I get Vicodin. (takes pill) . . . What, is that all?"

vicodin was disappointing for me too
they gave it to me once for migranes 'cause my insurance would only let me have so many migrane pills so the doctor gave me some vicodin too for when I couldn't have anymore migrane pills. Does that make sense?

Anyway, dave would get all worried about me when I took one, he was all "Don't get addicted!" and I was all "Dude, I only take like one every couple months and all they do is make me tired. I mean, I like sleeping, but not THAT much."

I think I was still groggy from whatever they gave me taking my wisdom teeth out when I was taking the test, though... 'cause I kept finding myself staring at the wall and not knowing how long I'd been doing that.

I'll tell you what, though. On the rare occasion when I did take half a vicodin for the headache, I had the best sleep EVER.

Kristie said:

I'll tell you what, though. On the rare occasion when I did take half a vicodin for the headache, I had the best sleep EVER.

Addict :tongue:

And Kelly... I've been meaning to ask you... if you don't mind :) What hotel are you staying at in Miami? and do you know if it is within walking distance of the arena?

I'm just now looking for a hotel :| lol

Kristie said:
I'll addict your face!

:D

Twin, I am absolutely FASCINATED by that link... and it's the middle of the night and nothing is really visible! lol It's like having your own little "sounds of nature" disc though...

Can't wait until tomorrow when the sun comes up! (or in about 3 hours Botswana time!) :D

*dork*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom