I don't know what this is, but it was begging to be posted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephannv

War Child
at least 200 ft away from Bono at all times!
larrymullen.gif

i think we need marina on this one. im pretty sure its portuguese. i typed it into a translator and this is what i got:

the baterista larry mullen places one announces in the mural if its colegio the search of integrant forming a band formed. if entao the band u2, one of the most famous of the present time this all certain for proxima turne! I go to invest heavy in divulgacao! turne u2. exactly with as much success, nao if must forgets the origins aparecam in the show, galera!

so, um, not entirely accurate im assuming. and i still cant make sense of it!

alison

mrsmullen said:
i think we need marina on this one. im pretty sure its portuguese. i typed it into a translator and this is what i got:

the baterista larry mullen places one announces in the mural if its colegio the search of integrant forming a band formed. if entao the band u2, one of the most famous of the present time this all certain for proxima turne! I go to invest heavy in divulgacao! turne u2. exactly with as much success, nao if must forgets the origins aparecam in the show, galera!

Oh, well, now I understand.
Ok, i'm lying.:mac:

I don't know any other languages but if you look at it you can pick most of it out. The first one is like, in 1976 drummer Larry Mullen put a notice on the mural at school looking for friends to form a band. Those words look pretty comparable to English words. In the second one, they are famous years later and going on tour. In the third one, the entire town is covered with advertisements for U2 on tour. In the last one, Larry returns to his old high school, and ironically in the same place he posted the notice to start the band posts an ad for U2's tour! All the kids in the school point and stare in shock and excitement.

that was a pretty good job of translating in my opinion!

and the damn thing is pretty funny!

they are all so very caricature-able, aren't they?

ah ah ah Marina reporting for duty. It is Portuguese.

1st. box
1976-The drummer Larry Mullen puts up an ad on his school notice board looking for musicians to form a band (paper says "looking for musicians")

2nd. box
From this U2 came into existance, currently the most famous band around (guy says "everything's set for the next tour, we're gonna invest major cash in advertising it")

3rd. box
The posters on the blimp etc read "U2 tour"

4th. box
Even with all the sucess, you shouldn't forget your roots (larry: "Hey guys come to the show!"

I love the details, young larry to old larry and even the students are more fashionable. eh eh cute.

Back
Top Bottom