Help...I just broke up with my boyfriend...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluesky

The Fly
I know this has nothing to do with U2, and I am so sorry to post this...but I just broke up with my boyfriend. I've been calling all of my friends, and no one is home!! I just need some cheering up...feeling a little bit lonely.
frown.gif
(we were together for almost 3 years)

bluesky

Oh Bluesky, I am sorry. We have all been thru stuff like that and it hurts like hell, but you have to be strong.
My sweetie(no, not Adam)
wink.gif
will be in Saudi Arabia until December, I am feeling lonely too. But, we are here for you.
smile.gif

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

"The most amazing place you will ever be in your life is where you are right now.."

*+*MaRiA*+*

hey bluesky, i don't really know what to say, except that we're all here for you.
smile.gif

*pops ATYCLB in the Cd player*
biggrin.gif

maybe a pic will cheer you up...
nj_050.jpg

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Sorry to hear Bluesky that you have to go thru this. I know that 3 years is a long time, but maybe things will work out ok for you guys. Try to be srong and take care of yourself. A big HUG from me.
Tiny

Aw-I'm so sorry about that. You've got to think of yourself though, and everything else will work itself out. Sadly, there are many 'bumps' in the road ahead-but you'll get through it.

now for the silly stuff to cheer you up...

Who needs a boyfriend when you've got PLEBA?

*PLEBA makes 'celibacy' somewhat bearable*

*putting on advice/mother cap*

Bluesky, sorry to hear that your skies aren't very blue today...{{{hugs}}}

Just take it easy, be sad when you feel sad, and just take it a day at a time...it may feel awful right now, but time will help. Honest. I've been there...countless times (incl. 3 long-term relationships). You do get through. And it will make you a stronger person!

disco

Thank you so much girls. And that picture is amazing!!! PLEBA always cheers me up!

You all are so nice!

Bluesky, how are you doing?? I hope you are
doing OK. Talk to your friends, cry, and just get it all out. Kickboxing helps!! There's nothing like some good old ass-kicking to make you feel better. Plus listen to All That You Can't Leave Behind. It got me through a similar situation last fall. Take care and hang around PLEBA--you know we'll make you laugh!!!
smile.gif

------------------
BOOM-CHA

I'm sorry to hear that bluesky. It will get better soon, don't worry. I don't really know what to tell you. I have been through this, and I know that at the very beginning it can be very tough but everything will be fine.

((((hugs))))

take care

I know how it feels. Been there done that... I broke up with my boyfriend in april but it feels like yesterday and since it was me who broke up I feel like I don't have the right to be sad. I can't say that you will be ok, just let some time pass, cause I have let five month pass and am still not ok so I don't know... But they say you will be ok so I go for that and will wait another few month...
smile.gif

Lots of U2 hugs!

Sara

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"That's ok, in Sweden we don't wear underpants" ~ Bono, June 11th -92, Stockholm, Globen

"The only thing louder then a U2 gig is the people who comes to a U2 gig" ~Bono

Awwww...what can I say about that...I'm really, really sorry...
Try to be as strong as you can...I'm sure that all will be good, sweetie!
Take care, a big big hug from me to you!

sorry to hear that bluesky! definitely go do some kickboxing as LadyLemon suggests. And best album to listen to: Achtung Baby. Bono knows what you're going through!

------------------
Move me a mountain

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

I love you guys! Thank you again.
Last night I drank wine with my girlfriends and watched episode after episode of Sex and the City...
smile.gif
I'm better now, I'm actually just worried about my (ex)boyfriend because I was the one who broke up with him.
Honestly, I feel really liberated.

Plus, all I can think about right now is when the announcement is going to happen!
smile.gif

Awwwwwww *big hug* I just went through the same thing a few weeks ago. We're trying to reconcile but it's just not working, but we're surviving alright. The best advice I can possibly give you is to repost the reply I received in my "breakup" thread a few weeks back from Blueeyes. This is guaranteed to put a big smile on your face!!!

"OHHHHHH! SWWEEEEEEEEETIE!
c'mere! ((((((((HUG)))))))
Oh I'm so sorry! Well I can't give you a big ass bottle of wine, but you are a really sweet person and you'll get through it! It's always hard to break up with someone and I know it's a cliche but you will feel better eventually. I had breakups that went like this:
1)day of: Oh GOD! My world is broken, I can't believe we broke up. Usually this is said in a drunken stupor and followed by crying jags
2)The following week: Major guilt time. What did I do wrong, maybe I will never feel that way about someone again. I just made a huge mistake. During this time I also usually have to take gravol or something to sleep. I don't recommend it.
3)The NEXT week: Ok, ok, feeling a bit better. Starting to look around again. I usually start wearing clothes that are not sweatpants at this point
4) The NEXT NEXT week: I start to see what was wrong with the relationship and stop blaming myself.
5) After that: I start feeling better, I put down the ice cream spoon and the vodka, and the world looks a little better
Now I don't know if this will help you, but I did this for a friend and she liked it. There is a list of things to do after the breakup. Feel free to just laugh, but it cheered my ass up.
1)Get the post breakup haircut (don't let your buddy do it after a bottle of tequila, you will look like popmart bono)
2)Get a good breakup theme music cd: ATYCYB is a good one or I like anything by tori amos, or ani difranco but it's a matter of personal taste. Get something WITHOUT weepy love songs and DO NOT listen to Achtung baby. You are not ready for it grasshopper!
3) Get your friends to take you out for a post-breakup good time. Depending on what you like this could be a stripbar, a kareoke bar, a pub, or if you want a radical departure: something non-alcholic like a big tea party.
4) get some new clothes, some stuff that you like but Mr. Byebye would have hated. Be adventurous.
5) When you are ready, have a burning-stuff party. No not just any stuff (unless that's your thing you little pyro!) old relationshippy stuff. Even burning one thing will make you feel a little better.
6) Drool over other guys. Come on go wild! And PLEBA, my friend is the perfect place to do this!
7) If he was a jerk and I'm not saying he was, but it always helps to shrink-wrap his car. You will need 3 rolls of plastic wrap and a hairdryer with an extension cord.
I hope this helps you, I don't know if it did. If the above seems stupid to you, just take care Brenda!
Luv, Bluey of Doom"

Brenda~ Thanks so much for the advice! I personally like #6...I'm so bad...but I was actually drooling over another guy before we even broke up. I didn't cheat on him, but it was getting close. I've never cheated on anyone before, and I wasn't about to start...so thats one of the reasons I broke it off.
BTW, I'm drooling over a Larry look-alike I met last week. Yes...blond, beautiful, those arms, those eyes, those... *faint*
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom