Happy Birthday Dazzledbylight!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jem's AVI :giggle: :love: :drool:

:wink:
:hug:

Despite my sis having a cold, we had a lovely day together.

A good meal at an Indian restaurant we hadn't been to yet. I got the buffet- she ordered off the menu. SHe said my food was better. Her dish was quite nice though.

The restaurant was quite pretty, a mix of traditional Indian elements and modern detailing too.
Unfortunately the service was not that good.

I've been VERY slowly trying Lunch buffets at different Indian restaurants, than the Original One I've gone to by myself, OR with friends & sis for at least ? 5 yrs on.
In THIS case first it was MY sis who went with a mutual friend, and she told me about this place. I think I had heard about, but not tried it out yet.

SO far the origianl place still beats othe others I've tried including THIS one TODAY. The food WAS good....but at the original place you get nearly Twice the variety of items.

I take it back a bit...there ARE 2 other places that DO have -- one a lunch buffet and the other an all you can eat lunch/dinner presentation
THE BIG DIFFERENCE is they ARE BOTH Vegitarian, one might even be strictly Vegan.
They ARE quite good.....but I also want meat choices alot of the time.

I DO seek out the really good vegitarian/vegsan places as well.
SOUTHERN India is the mainstay of vegitarian cookinf {i think} but you can find norther veg dishes as well.

Well......there's 2 or 3 more I want to try -that i've culled through thee net & reviews/menus therein.

while were were there--I got a chance to tell her about my Vacation & show her digital photos on my camera screen. SHe was very hapy that I was SOOooo happy with how it turned out!:heart:

Then we went to the Movies. Saw The LAst Mimzy.......we liked!
I had actually read the Original Short Story DECADES ago!
I rememberd alot of it even up till now.

We had planned to go to Ben & Jerry's shop just above 42 ST/8th. It was too crowed, we felt we didn't have much of a chance to get seats.

It turned out fine b/c we went up to the relatively new Time-Warner Building...has shops/cafes/restaurants/a theatre, a Whole Foods, Borders Books etc. SHe wanted to get a book and sald bar stuff.

SHe took me to this French Bakery. It turns out to be the dessert part of a French Restuarant upstairs. They have several other this bakery elswhere.

OMG! WHAT gorgeous chocolate desserts! I had a Eclair, but instead of creme- which i figured would be Quality== it turned out to be Chocolate inside-- a chocolate <sp?> ghanash ! :faint: :drool:

She had a beautiful crumb-cake laced with dark chocolate! YUM!

SO we hang out a bit longer, going getting the stuff she needed.
SHe went home & i went back to Borders to look at the Bead magazines, and then made my way down here!

SO a very nice day, and with prety good weather. too!

and I'm SOOO glad it's Sunday tomorrw {and not Monday yet].

I hope to get to the Bead show and buy a bit more of GOREGEOUS stuff to put together!:drool:

Back
Top Bottom