::growl::

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WierdandGilly

The Fly
commence boyfriend venting:
i just got dumped everbody!:sad: you know what he said? he said i "dont have enough class" that he wants a "more lady-like girl" and that i "could be really beautiful if i put forth an effort" but you know what...just because i love sitting around in my underwear reading MAD and watching trash tv before marching off to bed to listen to nonstop u2 until the waking hours does not mean im not classy.:grumpy: i know ill find a guy (adam) who will find my quirks amusing (adam) and enjoy my lack of grace and sit by me like a faithful hound dog on the couch to watch 18 hour marathons of the A-team. (adam,adam,adam):evil:

yeeess i know its so terrible i cant help but find that show amusing.:shrug:

sorry for throwing everything off topic there but my most trusted sidekick is out of town at the moment :yawn: :yawn:

Here's my take on all of this:

When he said 'you'd be more beautiful if you put forth more effort' - that's a big sign that he's trying to change you for something he thinks would be more better (yup... grammar is bad, but it's appropriate for what needs to be said.)

I had a boyfriend who insisted that if I'd only lost weight, my legs would look so much better, blah, blah, blah. He didn't even bother to consider that I was swimming 3,000 yards a day on the swim team (that equates to 120 laps - sometimes I'd swim more if I was doing drill work) and that I'd gotten myself down to a men's size 34/36 waist (I'm 5' 11 3/4" and am big boned). The guy had to tell me that I'd look better if I only did this or I only did that... if he'd stop worrying about how I looked and instead *LOOKED* at me, he'd have noticed that I wasn't as much of a heifer cow as he thought I was. But, I digress.

Men who tell you that you'd look better *if only* need to look at themselves. There are plenty of men out there who are happy with you just the way you are and if you want to walk around in your underwear reading Mad Magazine and listening to U2, then that's the way he'll have to take you. If he doesn't like it - there's the door - tell him, "don't let it hit ya where the good Lord split ya". heh.

Moonie :D

Mostly guys need more class, my ex was a total pig/slob/loser/needs mental help. He dumped me cause he said I look like a loser LMAO

well ladies......don't you know that the surface is all that matters? i mean, if you're eye candy, then life is good......:rolleyes:.....*hugs* i can honestly say you're better off w/o him

martha said:

So true. *fans self* I know this from being so damn fabulous looking!

hahaha!! so true. ;) seriously, you don't need to be with a boyfriend if he is telling you "you would be beautiful if..." I have been in those relationships and no matter what you do, you will never be "perfect". It is lame, I hate when guys tell females this. :mad:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

hahaha!! so true. ;) seriously, you don't need to be with a boyfriend if he is telling you "you would be beautiful if..." I have been in those relationships and no matter what you do, you will never be "perfect". It is lame, I hate when guys tell females this. :mad:

Oh, boy, am I glad I've never had a boyfriend. Some guys are so crass, and I've noticed that most relationships sour after only a little while.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Me, too. And you know the boyfriend who told me my legs would be so much sexier if I just lost weight? He had a freakin' vanity problem. He was losing his hair so he went and got hair plugs put in. He wouldn't even tell me. He had really nice hair on the back of his head and when I went to kiss him, I liked to sift my fingers through the curls. He cringed when I did that and confessed that he had had a hair transplant and plugs had been taken out of the back of his head and inserted at the top.

Vain, vain man.:no:

Moonie

WierdandGilly said:
you know what he said? he said i "dont have enough class" that he wants a "more lady-like girl" and that i "could be really beautiful if i put forth an effort"

:scream: :mac:

ew! what a loser! you're waaaaay better off with out him!:yes:

yeesh, guys can be such creeps sometimes. I haven't had a boyfriend in four years and I don't miss it one bit! :)

Back
Top Bottom