Gif Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DOL, do you know how to save these files from the dvd? I'd like to change a little thing about two of Kaf's gifs, and I have her permission, but she doesn't know how to get the files in avi/wmv/whatever either... and I can't get the screencaps out of the gifs or anything...

:drool: *takes another spoonful of Ben&Jerry's*

:shrug: I have no idea how to rip files out of DVDs. I know it's possible, but it's complicated apparently.
As for getting the caps out of gifs, if you have Animation Shop (that's what I use for gifs), you can open already saved gifs in it and access all of the frames.

:hmm: Gonna re-do that BonoStrut and see if I can make it a wee bit smoother..

-- Please proceed with caution! BonoTongue ahead --

toongueua7.gif

kafrun said:
:hmm: Gonna re-do that BonoStrut and see if I can make it a wee bit smoother..

-- Please proceed with caution! BonoTongue ahead --

toongueua7.gif

:drool: :drool: :drool:
I am literally drooling everywhere with this one *wipes chin*

*gets drool bucket in extra large*

DreamOutLoud13 said:
:shrug: I have no idea how to rip files out of DVDs. I know it's possible, but it's complicated apparently.
As for getting the caps out of gifs, if you have Animation Shop (that's what I use for gifs), you can open already saved gifs in it and access all of the frames.

I'd be interested in learning how to rip files from DVDs too. If you get to find out can you let me know. I've borrowed some U2 DVDs and would like to rip some of the vids to make my own compilation :drool: :drool: but I've no idea what to do with them. I expect I need some kind of special program and not just a DVD writer....:sad:

Kafrun!!!

:drool: You're trying to kill me here, right?! I've looked at that gif all :censored: night!

:combust:

Oh please Kaf, like you didn't do it on purpose!

:tsk:

This one's in honor of the two lads being the perfect gay couple yet still married to two gorgeous women! :wink:

bonoedgeflirthelterskelterxk2.gif

:drool: some more JT/RH Adam coolness
adamhelterskeltermoveed1.gif

*REVELATION!!!*

The Edge SWEATS!

edgesweatingzi5.gif

Galeongirl said:
Oh please Kaf, like you didn't do it on purpose!

:tsk:

This one's in honor of the two lads being the perfect gay couple yet still married to two gorgeous women! :wink:

*REVELATION!!!*

The Edge SWEATS!

edgesweatingzi5.gif

....and Larry???

what kind of software do most of you use??

Originally posted by Galeongirl

*REVELATION!!!*

The Edge SWEATS!

edgesweatingzi5.gif

Thank you Gg!!!!!!!

That was the one! :D

sweaty edge? :ohmy:

U2FloridaFan said:
what kind of software do most of you use??
If you have a DVD rom, and PowerDVD 6, you can cap directly from DVDs. If not, VirtualDub is a great free program for taking caps from files.
Once you have your caps, it's a matter of cropping them (if necessary) and resizing them (very necessary), and then animating them. For this you'll need an animation program. I use Jasc Animation Shop (which is unfortunately not free at all).

DOL, I have a favor to ask you :flirt:
Can you, either explain me how to do it myself, or make my Bonomunch gif into an LJ avatar?
The girl who gave Bono the cookies wants to use it as her LJ icon, but I've no program to cut in the gifs and stuff, I'd have to cut in each frame with paint! :lol:
here's the gif again :)
bonomunchingbonosaopaulong2.gif

Bono's Betty said:
Hey, I never heard the cookie story. :reject: Please someone tell. :hyper:

In Sao Paulo, at the end of UTEOTW/beginning of NYD, a girl from the crowd gives Bono a Bono cookie(brazilian cookies, taste good :drool: ) he watches it, and eats it(as you can see in the gif) and he also showed the wrap to Edge, who cracked up :)

Edited because I"m being STUPID :banghead:

Last edited:
No Gg you were not being stupid. Your bilingual powers amaze me. If I had to remember hundreds of names of Dutch cities... :ohmy: forget it. You are awesome. :hug:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom