For the Plebans....Meeting Viggo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russty Cat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I thought I'd make a new post about this seperate from the party thread so everyone could read it and wouldn't have to dig for it. I'm exhausted so ignore any misspellings or crappy grammar.

For those of you who don't know I went to a screening of the spanish film Alatriste last night in Hollywood. It was part of a spanish film festival that is running for the next 13 weeks at the Egyptian theatre. My friend and I got there early enough to pick out our seat. We got close enough to see Viggo, but not so close we were eating the screen. I still really didn't believe in my heart that he would be there. About 15 minutes before the film started I was informed that he was in the lobby. Some people went out there, but I decided not to. I didn't want him to be mobbed before the film. And I was really nervous about seeing him in person after all these years.

The film was beautiful. I hope it gets American distribution. Its a breath taking film that I think is on the level of academy award winning. It won a lot of awards in Spain at their Academy Awards. Its like an old classic hollywood film. It had realistic action, romance, characters with lots of depth and heart. I want to see it again already.

After the film Viggo and Unax, one of the other main actors spoke about the film for a few minutes. Viggo speaks fluent spanish and has a beautiful speaking voice. After they were done, they had them signe a promotional poster. People started approaching them, so I figured it was no or never. I eventually had a few minutes with him and let me just say he is as gracious and humble as you imagine him to be. He is oh so very Viggo. There really is no other way to describe him. He is a real gentlemen and makes you feel as if your the only one in the room when he is speaking to you.

Afterwards when I got out on Hollywood blvd with my friend I had to do this like spazzy freak out dance. I'm sure people thought I was crazy, but how often do you get to meet one of your personal heros and have it go really well. I was shaking so bad afterwards and felt like I was going to puke, but so happy that I got out what i wanted to say to him. I gave him a very personal gift that says something about his stance on the war and all he has done to speak out about it. I had no clue at the time till I read in the paper today that he was involved in an anti-war protest yesterday afternoon in Hollywood. It was just sort of fate that it happened that way. And it makes me even happier that I gave him what I did.

So all in all.....Viggo rocks! :love: :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom