for Bluey...and other Gavin-philes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
So Gavin (and Maurice, his right hand band man) just had a gig at Vicar Street in Dublin this weekend. As if I wasn't already depressed enough over being back from all those U2 shows last week, reading about this just about sent me over a cliff! Most of what they played was from Gav's 4 albums, rather than brand-spanking
eek.gif
new stuff. Read it and weep...I know I sure am!
frown.gif

• Setlist:

Intro ('Is that all there is' - Peggy Lee)
    Disco Pigs (instrumental)
    Apologia
    You Take Away the Sun
    I want to live (!!!}
    Each Man Kills the Thing He Loves
    The Boxer (instrumental)
    Oh! you pretty things
    King of Trash (!!!}
    Geek Love
    Next
    Le Roi d'Amour
    Kitchen Sink Drama
    Falling off the Edge of the World
    Caruso (!!!!!!!!!}
    Is that all there is
    He Got What He Wanted
    Rags to Riches
    Cycles (Sinatra cover)
    Angel (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}
    Port of Amsterdam

---
My favourite Friday quote of the night was amongst a post-gig chat to a group of fans, talking about trying to get promoters interested in his shows: "they want hamburgers...and we are caviar." So true.
---
Here's a brilliant and lovely B&W pic of Gav in action:
267.jpg

People were wondering what's new and next from Gavin...but we shouldn't expect anything before the end of the year - Christmas is coming up, certain megas are coming back home soon and Gav's very much looking forward to having his best mate back in town. [that's Bono to you and me
wink.gif
]

GAWD, how I would have loved to have been there...
frown.gif

Disco

Dear sweet mother of *THUD*!!!!!!!!!!!
I would give my annoying little brother's right arm to have been there! Wow.
Thanks Disco...I think.
And now to go drown my sorrows in some "Shag Tobacco".
Sigh...cough cough sigh.
-Bluey (coming down with something nasty)

Originally posted by Discoteque:

267.jpg

Disco

OH MY GOD! *drool drool drool drool drool*

*15 minutes later* Sorry, this man has a strange effect on me....
smile.gif

Yeah, I'd have given anything to have been there!! Specially when they played Caruso and I want to live..Those songs are 2 of my favourites ( Well, in fact i like Shag Tobacco from the first song to the last one)
I was telling my friend Brian ( he's from Dublin) about this show the other day and he told me: "Oh yeah.. I ran into that eejit the other night. I still can't understand why you like it so much. He's such a plonker"
I was like: WHAT????? YOU RAN INTO GOD...I MEAN GAVIN AND YOU DIDN'T ASK HIM FOR HIS AUTOGRAPH????? I'LL HAVE TO KILL YOU NOW!! LOL Yes, i know i overreacted a little but it's just that he always seems to bump into this cuttie patootie and that makes me very very very jealous.........
biggrin.gif

Flavia

Flavie, you get on that phone (er, email?) right now and you tell your friend he BETTER get some autographs from Gavin for you and me (and Bluey!) or he's gonna have one mean Disco Mofo after his a**!!! OMG!!
eek.gif
He ran into Gavin IN DUBLIN and then practically called him a wanker?!?! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
eek.gif

OMG. *cries...wails...rends garments...pours ashes on head*

Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse:
"Oh yeah.. I ran into that eejit the other night. I still can't understand why you like it so much. He's such a plonker"
I was like: WHAT????? YOU RAN INTO GOD...I MEAN GAVIN AND YOU DIDN'T ASK HIM FOR HIS AUTOGRAPH????? I'LL HAVE TO KILL YOU NOW!!

And Bluey--sorry you're illin, but GET SOME ZICAM!!! Seriously, it's this nasal spray stuff, get it quick it will make your cold GO AWAY before it even starts--just ask PopWhore (April)!
wink.gif

Hey Bluey...any chance you can keep your eyes peeled at your local moosic store for another copy of the "Each Man Kills" CD?? I'm having a heckuva time finding it down here....TIA!
smile.gif

Sigh....I think I'll go listen to some Gav right now myself...

Yes, i know!!!!! Brian is such an eejit! LOL

I've just talked to him and he promised me to get his autograph for me!
I'll talk to him again this evening and i'll ask him to get autographs for you too girls!!
smile.gif

Keep your fingers crossed!

(I wonder if he can steal Gavin's underwear for me too! )
wink.gif

Flavia

I'd worship you for life Flavia! LOL

Well, after worshipping my singer for life! LOL *looks over at bluey & grins*

------------------
All my life,
I never learned,
My bridges raise,
My bridges burn.

SlipStream Soul

*keeps looking at Bluey*
Flavia: GAVIN!
JT: Where?!
*Bluey and Flavia run away*
JT: rats!
mad.gif

------------------
All my life, I never learned,
My bridges raise, My bridges burn.

SlipStream Soul

where can I buy his CD's? I have looked all over for his CD's and I cannot find them also since i have never heard any of his music, which CD would be the best one to buy first?

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
where can I buy his CD's? I have looked all over for his CD's and I cannot find them also since i have never heard any of his music, which CD would be the best one to buy first?

Since you have never heard any of his music, I would suggest perhaps listening to the GavRadio at http://www.gavinfriday.com .
His albums are extremely difficult to find since he was dropped from his record label and his cds are currently out of print, but you can still find them at some used record shops (usually European ones) or on Ebay.
I believe there's a link from his website that gives tips and places to find his music.

The easiest samples of his work to get hold of are the soundtrack scores he and his right-hand man Maurice Seezer have done for The Boxer and In the Name of the Father. Those two albums should be avaliable at most record shops and definitely on online places like cdnow.com.

As for his best album to buy first...hmmm...I can't really say because I only own Shag Tobacco (really good!) but I've downloaded songs from his other albums from Audiogalaxy (also another option). I think most people usually prefer Each Man Kills the Thing He Loves and Shag Tobacco so I suppose try either one of those first if you can. You'll probably have an easier time finding Shag Tobacco, since it was the latest album. Good Luck!

I just had to post these pics. Isn't he the hottest guy on earth (along with the B-man of course)?????????

url]

Bluey, Disco, J-Tree: Are you up for a trip to Dublin to kidnap this cutie patootie? LOL

Flavia

[This message has been edited by Niamh_Saoirse (edited 12-04-2001).]

hey HEY HEY!!!

Who are these wimmins and why are they touching my Gavie???? *slap!* Hands off my Gavin!!

Nb82193.jpg

Oh dear...it looks like even the lovely 'Gavin of the thick and wavy locks' is succumbing to the dread thinning disease, poor boy...
frown.gif
frown.gif
*still wants to run her hands through what's left!!!*

Bluey, Disco, J-Tree: Are you up for a trip to Dublin to kidnap this cutie patootie? LOL

Flavie, you just name the time and date, and I'll be there!!!

*rummage rummage*

Ah, here it is! *gazes adoringly at stalking outfit*

Hmmm...wonder if it still fits??
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-04-2001).]

Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse:
Bluey, Disco, J-Tree: Are you up for a trip to Dublin to kidnap this cutie patootie?

Can't we borrow him... permanently!!
biggrin.gif
I'm sure Bono & Co. wouldn't miss him!
wink.gif

------------------
All my life, I never learned,
My bridges raise, My bridges burn.

SlipStream Soul

LMAO!
Yeah, let's go get him!
I can see it now. We can just adapt my plan to kidnap Macphisto...Let's see.
We Will Need:
-lots of rope
-a big net
-leaves, twigs, etc.
-a shovel
-Something shiney
-A bottle of wine.

Here's what we do:
Go somewhere he goes a lot. Dig a big hole. Cover the hole with the net and run some rope through the net and into a tree somehow. Cover the net with leaves and twigs, put something nice on the otherside of the net (in Macphisto's case, a big mirror), in Gavin's case, maybe a picture of Kurt Weil or something. When they walk across the net to get the object, they fall into the pit and get trapped in the net. We fish them out and we all call a cab and share the bottle of wine in the back seat and live happily ever after. Lol.
Let's go get both of them in one trip. This means we will need two bottles of wine.
Sounds good to me.
-Bluey

Back
Top Bottom