Favorite slash couples!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queen Betty

Acrobat
Boston, where the Elevation 2001 DVD was filmed
My first U2 slash fic paired Adam and Edge (Rescue by Occula, writer extraordinaire!), and it was so damned good, it left a permanent impression on me. I read another two with Larry and Adam (Unravel Me and Stand Inside Your Love by LardenceLover), one set in the early days, the other during that tumultuous time in the band's life that was the recording of Achtung Baby in Berlin, which kinda left me hanging, but were both awesome.

I just finished Aurora Borealis by Occula (Edge and Bono) and thought it dragged on for a bit longer than I would've liked, even though I saw the need for it. The tension was so thick in the first few chapters after the second, but then kind of levels off, with Edge unwilling to face what's bothering him, and ends in a love scene that starts with appropriate detail and concludes with subtle description.

So, I've come to the verdict that I like Adam and Edge best, though I went on and on about the other two fics. :D

:bono: and :larry: are my all time fave. LardenceLover writes a lot with those two.

I also love :adam: and :larry: together.

You know what I've never seen, Adam and Bono. I don't know why nobody writes these two together. My Mrs. Edge story (which has shades of slash in it) was Adam/Bono. But I've never read a true slash story with them.

madonna's child said:
:bono: and :larry: are my all time fave. LardenceLover writes a lot with those two.

I also love :adam: and :larry: together.

You know what I've never seen, Adam and Bono. I don't know why nobody writes these two together. My Mrs. Edge story (which has shades of slash in it) was Adam/Bono. But I've never read a true slash story with them.

I've seen one or two :bono: :heart: :adam:

crap now I'm gonna die findin' 'em

Last edited:
MonaVox said:
:bono: + :larry: = :heart:

although it's quite rare

Yeah, my faves are the ones with :bono: and :larry: coz they're both so purty! But I don't discriminate, the only requisite is that :larry: is in them. ;)

Last edited:
I just wondered what any of the real U2 members would think if they'd open this thread...... :rolleyes:

:coocoo: :eeklaugh: :lmao:

FallingStar said:
I just wondered what any of the real U2 members would think if they'd open this thread...... :rolleyes:

:coocoo: :eeklaugh: :lmao:

1. Bono would cackle and then proceed to write his own.
2. Edge would turn bright red and giggle nervously.
3. Adam would smoke.
4. Larry would add us all to his "Hate These People Forever And Ever And Ever And Ever No Matter WHAT" list.

Trust me.

They might very well have done that already.

Sunny said:

3. Adam would smoke.
4. Larry would add us all to his "Hate These People Forever And Ever And Ever And Ever No Matter WHAT" list.

Trust me.

Though, we have yet to see a "Cease and Desist" order. :-D

And my say...
Ehm...
*coughgsfcough*

But really... :bono: 'n' :edge:
And for those that have shag tobacco, Gavin knows the way...

Sunny said:

3. Adam would smoke.

Trust me.

:lol: They'd do this for sure! :lmao:

CMM said:
Hrm.
*Looks at avatar and signature image*
Did I really actually have to *say* what I like?

Edge looks so sexy on that pic from the R&H era on your sig... :drool:

BTW, I'm starting to like :larry: + :adam: slashies a lot. I read one called "Camping" by Your Sister the Moon... chapter 2 is just :drool: :ohmy: :mac: :shocked:

Last edited:
flaming june said:

BTW, I'm starting to like :larry: + :adam: slashies a lot. I read one called "Camping" by Your Sister the Moon... chapter 2 is just :drool: :ohmy: :mac: :shocked:

lol! i love that story!!!!!!! I wish she would finish it!!! heh ! :mac:

:larry: and :adam: fics are my favorite, but I can get into :bono: and :edge: sometimes. But I can't get enough of the rhythm section, personally. :love:

souLnation2002 said:

found one for ya!

We Live as We Dream

have fun! :yes:

Hey...I checked out that story myself...wow...very interesting...I really thought this story ended perfectly.

In response to what Sunny said the guys would do...:lol: :laugh:. I could easily see them doing that.

I think the thing I like about these kinds of fiction (or any fiction, for that matter, non-slash included) is how accurately these guys are described. Like in the story you gave us the link to, souLnation2002...the way the writer describes Adam and Bono at the beginning of this story is so dead on it's amazing.

Anywho, to answer the question of what slash I like, I'm going with the :bono: and :edge: people here...I mean, those guys are all close friends, yes, but...I don't know, there's just this special bond between Edge and Bono that makes stories with them together seem sweeter. *Shrugs*

Oh, and by the way, Falling Star...just wanted to say, I :heart: your sig. :D.

Okay, I'll shut up now. :).

Angela

Lovely slash

*grins* There are so many :bono: and :edge: fics around, but they're still great. I reckon they have this whole 'soulmate' thing going on.

However, I must say that :adam: and :larry: do really pull at the heart strings. Anything with :adam: in it'll suit me fine.

But, I must register my disgruntlement (is that a word) at the distinct lack (if not non-existence) of Edge/Larry.

Re: Lovely slash

Sparky said:
But, I must register my disgruntlement (is that a word) at the distinct lack (if not non-existence) of Edge/Larry.

I've wondered about that too. Maybe it's because they don't seem to have as much natural chemistry as B/E and A/L? I think a good writer can make any pairing believable, tough.

flaming june said:

BAHAHAHAHAH that story cracks me up

i haven't read any U2 ones yet but i'd probably enjoy :bono: and:larry: best.....i tried to read the one there was a link to but my computer at school blocked it....aaarrrgghhh

Back
Top Bottom