Favorite Edge look/era (idea borrowed from Ashley)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite Edge era/look?

• Baby Edge (early days/Boy/October)

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • War/Red Rocks/Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Joshua Tree/Rattle & Hum

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Achtung Baby/Zooropa

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Pop

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Elevation/Current

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • He's all good all the time!

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Saw the Bono poll below and thought since The Edge's birthday is in a few short hours (by my count anyway), why not gush over our favorite Edge eras/looks. Pics are way welcomed!

I voted for Elevation Edge. I also like ZooTV Edge, but those looks are pretty similar (beanies, goatees, bedazzeled pants)

In case you need help deciding:

Baby...
ed-boy14.jpg

War/RR/UF...
ed-tuf1.jpg

JT/RH...
ed-jt4.jpg

AB/Z...
ed-ab37.jpg

Pop...
ed-pop37.jpg

Elevation...
ed-all6.jpg

ooooooo copy cat!! j/k! :D

Personally, I am an Edger, so this poll/thread/excuse to admire Edge is definitely welcome in my 'humble' opinion!

I voted for Baby Edge.

edgegun.jpg

However, I do care for the Elevation/now look as well, but I had to pick Baby Edge just because, well, he had such cute hair. :)

I posted this thread and I still have no idea what I'm going to choose. Baby Edge was so beautiful with his floppy hair and all, but then the whole Red Rocks thing with the silver belts and short black hair was pretty grand as well. I was thinking I could pick the all the time option except I'm not too big a fan of his JT look -- such a crime to hide that gorgeous face behind that stubble and long hair and cowboy hats!
But if Ashley wants to sway me (or anyone else really), more Edge pics couldn't hurt.

:heart: :edge: :heart:

dsmith2904 said:
I posted this thread and I still have no idea what I'm going to choose. Baby Edge was so beautiful with his floppy hair and all, but then the whole Red Rocks thing with the silver belts and short black hair was pretty grand as well. I was thinking I could pick the all the time option except I'm not too big a fan of his JT look -- such a crime to hide that gorgeous face behind that stubble and long hair and cowboy hats!
But if Ashley wants to sway me (or anyone else really), more Edge pics couldn't hurt.

:heart: :edge: :heart:
you dun like this?:drool:
334%3B%3A58323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E8%3A6%3E%3B%3B6%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232394296593nu0mrj

334%3B%3A58323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E8%3A6%3E%3B%3B6%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232394296597nu0mrj

334%3B%3A58323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D997%3D%3C%3A7%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A76585%3A9ot1lsi

I'm probably going to be so attacked for this, but at the time I remember thinking JT Edge was dirty. Bono looked so hot and Edge looked like a homeless person, it was just sad to me. There are moments when he looked pretty good (like the Desire video) but for the most part, JT Edge just cannot compete with other Edge eras as far as I'm concerned.

new02.jpg

08.jpg

12.jpg

03.jpg

All of these just beat the pants off JT Edge to me (know what I just said and am waiting for a lot of really great PLEBA responses)...
A_istillhaventfound006.jpg

Jam Jar said:

you dun like this?:drool:
334%3B%3A58323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E8%3A6%3E%3B%3B6%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232394296593nu0mrj

That was from Love Town! I think. And, while I'm not an Edge girl, I do like that last one you posted :wink: As well as the one Ashley posted where he was in all black, and the one on the cover of Uncut of him looking all lecherous, and the example of Elevation Edge Dsmith posted... Damn it, guess I'm an Edge girl now! :D

Oh, and I voted for Baby Edge; he was so cute then :cute:

I personally hate Edge's sunglasses from Zoo TV/ Zooropra. I think they're so ugly, and I hate how they hide his beautiful eyes. They're like pilot goggles or something! :tsk:

And these are for you dsmith. You'll be so brainwashed from all these pictures that you'll involuntarily vote for Baby Edge without even knowing it.

babyu2.jpg

I am absolutely in love with this picture.

edg_bon.jpg

groupradio.jpg

youngedge.jpg

edgesilly.jpg

edge.jpg

Sadly, there are so few pictures of him during this era. :sad:

**edited to say this**
I know you can only see icky tripod banners, but if you right click, choose properties, copy the addy, and paste it into your browser, you can see the pictures. I'm sorry. I forgot that tripod was such a pain in the butt.

Last edited:
it's too hard to decide , but i'll go with AB/Zooropa , especially 93 he looked so goddamn cool ( they all were )

Ashley said:
I personally hate Edge's sunglasses from Zoo TV/ Zooropra. I think they're so ugly, and I hate how they hide his beautiful eyes. They're like pilot goggles or something! :tsk:

And these are for you dsmith. You'll be so brainwashed from all these pictures that you'll involuntarily vote for Baby Edge without even knowing it.

I was actually thinking of voting for Red Rocks era because that's the only one that's currently without votes. It's way hard to make a decision! I may end up going with Elevation/current just because Edge is one of thos very lucky people (usually males) who gets better and better looking as time goes by.
But if you want to keep posting Baby Edge pics, I guess that's okay. ;)

I had to vote for War/RR/UF Edge because no one else did and I just didn't think that was right, have to be fair. But, to be honest, pretty much any Edge era is a good one.

A little mid-'80s Edge...

A_016.jpg

A_021.jpg

ed-tuf11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom