Edun - One Tshirt Event

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2jesusgirl

Daisy
Dreaming Beneath the Desert Sky of Arizona
Just so everyone knows, you need to start checking your Nordstroms for a possible EDUN event. As I got the date for one next week in L.A. with Ali and Rogan. When you check ask for the Savvy Dept and ask if the designer is making an in store appearance for it. Most stores are already selling the shirts (SO COOL!) that they call an event.

Last edited:
oooh thanks for the heads up! you can also check using the store locator on nordstrom.com. your LA event is listed. sadly it doesn't look as though they'll be coming to any of the stores in my area :(

u2jesusgirl said:
Just so everyone knows, you need to start checking your Nordstroms for a possible EDUN event. As I got the date for one next week in L.A. with Ali and Rogan. When you check ask for the Savvy Dept and ask if the designer is making an in store appearance for it. Most stores are already selling the shirts (SO COOL!) that they call an event.

wow, thankyou girl! i think for them to come around the minnesota area would be fantastic luck, probably won't happen, but i'll sure check. wish i'd live near a bigger city like chicago or NYC, LA to catch all those things. meeting Ali would be a dream come true.

thankyou again!

There's a short video here with some celebs wearing the new One shirts

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20151782,00.html

He's a major movie star, but when it comes to striking a pose, Ben Affleck isn't ready to quit his day job.

"I'm a terrible model!" says Affleck, who joined with Ellen Pompeo, Laila Ali, Liv Tyler, Gwyneth Paltrow and other stars to model T-shirts benefiting One, Bono's charity that aims to end African poverty. "I'm very uncomfortable in front of a photographer."

Shot by ex-model Helena Christensen, the stars show off their wares in posters launching the fall ONE campaign, which is previewed in November's Elle. The $40 tees (by Edun, the clothing label launched by Bono and his wife, Ali Hewson) are available at Nordstrom, with proceeds going to help poor families in Lesotho, where the tees are made.

"I shot it last year," says Christensen, who donated her time for the second year in a row for the two photo shoots, which took place in L.A. and New York. "It's really great to meet all these people. I have great respect for them all. I've known Bono since I was 20, and I've been hugely inspired by his efforts."

And Affleck? Even he felt like a top model by the end of the day. "Helena put her model face on," he says. "And made me copy."

Here's the one.org link

http://www.one.org/edun/

I like that one, I wish I had that instead of the original One shirt :shifty:

Reminder that tomorrow is the LA event. My brother lives two minutes away and will be there. Lucky him! Wouldn't it be nice if Bono was able to make it..

Nordstrom at The Grove
Edun Designer Personal Appearance
Wednesday, October 17, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Join us as we welcome Edun founders and designers Ali Hewson and Rogan Gregory as they debut the spring 2008 collection along with the new 2007 ‘One’ tee. 10.00 from every ‘One’ tee purchase will go to the ALAFA fund, plus Nordstrom will match the 10.00 up to 100,000.00. Explore these amazing designs that support an important cause. To R.S.V.P. or for special accommodations information,Savvy, on two.
:wink:

lauramullen said:
I would go to NYC to see Ali. I could make a day trip out of it.

we don't have a Nordstrom in the city... there are a few in Jersey and Long Island... they did launch at SAKS however and of couse we have Barney's (i think they sell there?)

Does that look like ALI behind Helena????

Supermodel and photographer Helena Christensen arrives at Ford: EDUN - LA Fashion Week at the Project 7ten House on October 16, 2007 in Venice, California.

14988666dionsimte10162007102446PM.jpg

Can't wait to see her tomorrow!!

u2jesusgirl said:
Does that look like ALI behind Helena????

Supermodel and photographer Helena Christensen arrives at Ford: EDUN - LA Fashion Week at the Project 7ten House on October 16, 2007 in Venice, California.

14988666dionsimte10162007102446PM.jpg

Can't wait to see her tomorrow!!

That's definitely Ali!:heart:

And Helena's dress....:drool:

teenie said:
Reminder that tomorrow is the LA event. My brother lives two minutes away and will be there. Lucky him! Wouldn't it be nice if Bono was able to make it..

Nordstrom at The Grove
Edun Designer Personal Appearance
Wednesday, October 17, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Join us as we welcome Edun founders and designers Ali Hewson and Rogan Gregory as they debut the spring 2008 collection along with the new 2007 ‘One’ tee. 10.00 from every ‘One’ tee purchase will go to the ALAFA fund, plus Nordstrom will match the 10.00 up to 100,000.00. Explore these amazing designs that support an important cause. To R.S.V.P. or for special accommodations information,Savvy, on two.
:wink:

Tell your brother to look for a bunch of fans. We (Maddy & I)should be there as well :up: :hyper:

Such the natural beauty. I love that she doesn't feel the need to put on tons of makeup, and look like she walked off a magazine photo shoot. She is gorgeous just the way she is. She seems so approachable. Just like her husband. :drool:

blm said:
Such the natural beauty.

:yes: exactly.
She looks of such a delicate femininity in her simplicity. I find her even more beautiful than helena.

We'll call you when we get there... hopefully Maddy can get her homework done in the car! And we'll have to make a stop at The Gap too :shifty: :wave:

Lila64 said:

Tell your brother to look for a bunch of fans. We (Maddy & I)should be there as well :up: :hyper:

I showed him pics of U2Jesusgirl from last years Edun event and I told him to stand next to her because she knows how to meet Ali/Bono!:happy:
I told him to get a pic and autograph from Ali and he said "What am I going to do with that?"..Uhh give it to your sister?! (He's not familiar with Ali and her work..)
Anyhow Look forward to hearing from Lila, U2Jesusgirl , BonoFox and others!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom