Edge's Birthday on the tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dsmith2904 said:

Do you remember what Bono said about Larry on his 40th?

this is not a transcript from the boot- a friend & I wrote this down the night we saw the show, so it's from our elated memories:

"Bono then said (from what we remember) "When we asked larry what he wanted for his 40th birthday, he said he wanted to play a gig in rhode island." Larry laughed and said something we couldn't hear, then stood up and waved. Then he walked around the kit to the front stage, where Bono hugged him and presented him with a cake. Everyone was smiling a lot, the cake had one candle in it...Larry took the (chocolate) cake and pretended to throw it into the heart, laughing. Then Larry took the mic and -well the crowd went NUTS! we KNEW what a treat this was!!- "em, hello." and "I've waited 40 years to get up here at the front of the stage." At this point, bono is looking like a mischiveous boy on Larry's drumset. Then Larry says "and I really quite like it up here!" crowd goes wild. then he said something about feeling safe b/c "At least Bono can't play the drums" !! Larry said next: "There's no way I'd rather spend my birthday than with 18,000 of my closest friends. I feel so close to you that I could borrow money from you." then he gave bono the mic back. Bono said laughing "yeah and you'll never see it again."

Then they played Party Girl, and then Slow Dancing. Yeah, it was that kind of night. :love: :combust:

Oh and after SD, "a bottle of champagne magically appeared when Bono said "we need champagne" Bono shook it obnoxiously and sprayed it all over the crowd, then on Larry, and then Larry took the bottle and took a healthy swig after toasting the crowd! He set it on his drumkit, smiling away and waving at the crowd's hysteria, and Edge casually ambled over for a swig of his own! When the crowd saw that they cracked up even more and he laughed as if he was surprised at having gotten "caught". The champagne bottle was then given to a lucky girl in the front of the heart."

Last edited:
oliveu2cm said:

this is not a transcript from the boot- a friend & I wrote this down the night we saw the show, so it's from our elated memories:

"Bono then said (from what we remember) "When we asked larry what he wanted for his 40th birthday, he said he wanted to play a gig in rhode island." Larry laughed and said something we couldn't hear, then stood up and waved. Then he walked around the kit to the front stage, where Bono hugged him and presented him with a cake. Everyone was smiling a lot, the cake had one candle in it...Larry took the (chocolate) cake and pretended to throw it into the heart, laughing. Then Larry took the mic and -well the crowd went NUTS! we KNEW what a treat this was!!- "em, hello." and "I've waited 40 years to get up here at the front of the stage." At this point, bono is looking like a mischiveous boy on Larry's drumset. Then Larry says "and I really quite like it up here!" crowd goes wild. then he said something about feeling safe b/c "At least Bono can't play the drums" !! Larry said next: "There's no way I'd rather spend my birthday than with 18,000 of my closest friends. I feel so close to you that I could borrow money from you." then he gave bono the mic back. Bono said laughing "yeah and you'll never see it again."

Then they played Party Girl, and then Slow Dancing. Yeah, it was that kind of night. :love: :combust:

Oh and after SD, "a bottle of champagne magically appeared when Bono said "we need champagne" Bono shook it obnoxiously and sprayed it all over the crowd, then on Larry, and then Larry took the bottle and took a healthy swig after toasting the crowd! He set it on his drumkit, smiling away and waving at the crowd's hysteria, and Edge casually ambled over for a swig of his own! When the crowd saw that they cracked up even more and he laughed as if he was surprised at having gotten "caught". The champagne bottle was then given to a lucky girl in the front of the heart."

Slow Dancing and Party Girl and Larry getting the mic? That sounds like an incredible show!!

dsmith2904 said:

Slow Dancing and Party Girl and Larry getting the mic? That sounds like an incredible show!!

It was the show of a lifetime! :D:love::D

Larry can celebrate with us any day he wants!!

I think that i asked this in another thread but now if perfect timing. does anyone have a copy of that show that i could buy from them, i want to see the larry birthday concert so badly, or is there anywhere i could find it online? :heart: :larry: :heart:

cali*gal said:
I think that i asked this in another thread but now if perfect timing. does anyone have a copy of that show that i could buy from them, i want to see the larry birthday concert so badly, or is there anywhere i could find it online? :heart: :larry: :heart:

video or cd?

I have the cd boot but as far as I've seen (and I have some people looking) no video has surfaced yet..

if there is a video.. :sexywink: i gots to get a copy of it!

BONOPOP said:

335673%3B923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D67%3A%3D794%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3B%3B4%3A544ot1lsi

I am so jealous:|

oliveu2cm said:

OH MY GOD!!! This is so awesome!!!! You lucky girls being at that show! And hey! Larry taking up the mic and talking!!! Fantastic!!!:shocked: :combust:

Back
Top Bottom