Edge wedding PICS + Article in SUNDAY MIRROR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IrishThunder

The Fly
Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that todays SUNDAY MIRROR has a wedding article. There is one picture of the happy couple, they look lovely, and some small photos of guests which included Bono, Christy Turlington (sp), Helena Christinsen(sp) .

I was dissapointed not to see any Adam photos, would love to see what he wore.

Thought Id let you know so if you were going out this morning you could pick up a copy.

Just looked up the Mirror site and they have no pics online but a small article but it is even shorter than the one in the paper so I will type out the article and then describe the pics.

"U2 Star the Edge married American girlfriend in a dream hilltop village in the South of France yesterday..... for the second time this week.
The guitarist and beautiful Morleigh Steinberg were joined by pals plucked from an A-list of celebs.
The 120-strong roll call included Bob Geldof, Helena Christiansen, Christy Turlington, Dennis Hopper, Lenny Kravitz and Michael Stipe.
Oh, and his U2 Bandmates, of course with Bono as best man at the Jewish Ceremony.
But among the most important guests were the band's team of cleaners who had been invited out to get away from the constant and dismal Dublin drizzle.
In beautiful sunshine, they tied the knot in a hill-top ceremony in the Exotic Garden of Eze, near where The Edge and Bono share a beachside villa.
A team of workmen had carried sheaths of lavender and wheat to decorate the ruins of a medieval castle which is already surrounded by rare cacti which attract tourists from all over the world.
Former bellydancer Morleigh met the Edge-- aka East Londoner Dave Evans-- 10 yrs ago and had her family fly in from NY to the breathtaking site.
But it was the second time they married in a week. On Tuesday as the rest of the country cheered home Micks Boys in Green. the couple wed in a strictly private ceremony in a central Dublin registry office."

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes!_

Front cover has small pic of Edge and Morleigh looking at the camera, beaming of course! The bigger inside pic shows them kissing. The photos look professional of the couple but maybe they posed for the paparrazzi.
It is hard to describe the outfits, Edge did wear a black beanie (is that the name? You know what I mean the caps he wears) and he had a black v neck top on (almost like a polo neck but with a v). His suit was a beige colour and he had a white flower. Morleighs dress has spagetti straps and looks the same beige colour as Edges suit. Her hair is scraped back into a veil but possible hangs down at the back, cant tell with photo.

(Sorry, fashion design is not my thing!)

Also has pics of Bono, Guggi, Lenny Kravits and supermodels.

Thats all, sorry my descriptions are not very good, my scanner is not hooked up the the computer right now but someone else will probably have them online soon.

Thank you for the report! That's the first real confirmation we have that it really went down! But oh what a tease about the pics, you know, we want our pics! I hope you can scan them or find a website that has them! What was Bono wearing?

Thank you! :)

If you put
around your pic's addy it will post like this:

ggg.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks GypsyHeartgirl, I never knew how to post the pics. I am so excited, youd think I had won the lottery or something. I really need to get a life!!!!!

I am going to go try and scan the one of Bono and the guests, back soon!

ok here is the main pic of The Edge and Morleigh, I hope it works! Fingers crossed!

pic2.gif

Last edited:
IrishThunder said:
Here is Bono--

bono.gif

Anyone want the headshots of guests??? Nothing special....

Thank you! :) I won't bug ya for the guest shots if there weren't any other band members there. I'd like to see Guggi though!

I've never seen him in that color and that's not really his type of outfit. Kind of a 70's retro suit he's rocking. I'm sure the girls will love to see this, thank you very much!

Blargh to dark shades! He looks cute though. Nice hair! :)

Last edited:
If you have time can you do Guggi? Were Larry and Adam there? What about Ali and the kids? Any pics of Edge's kids?

I know there are going to be a LOT of happy girls later in the day when they see this! Thank you so much for doing this for us! :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the pics, IrishThunder! :D :D Morleigh and Edge look so happy together, and of course, Bono looks great as usual. But I agree with Gypsyheartgirl.. that suit is.. um.. not very flattering.

btw.. did you see in the caption below the pic of Bono at the wedding, they spelled her name "Moreligh"? :huh:

You are all more than welcome, I know what it is like to really want to see something and can't. And I have finally learny, with help, how to post pictures!

My dad will be happy to get his paper back at long last!!!

The pics I posted is all the paper showed, no photos of other U2 members or family. Maybe another publication this week will have more, looked pretty easy to get photos. I will keep you informed if I come across anymore!

Bye

Edge and Morleigh look so happy and beautiful!!:heart: :heart: :heart:

Looks like Larry managed to avoid the cameras once again-but it's Edge's day anyway.

Thanks so much for scanning and posting that!

There's another article here-but it's in French. Maybe one of our lovely French speakers can translate.

http://portail1.nicematin.fr/journal/urd/run/v2_0.index?catid=NMPEOPLE&artid=20020623NIC242

Here's another pic of Bono and Ali-just beautiful..

20020623NIC1_U3.jpg

Lenny-and looks like that's Morleigh

20020623NIC244.jpg

Last edited:
Aw, they look adorable! Thanks Irish thunder and Gina!

Congrats Edge and Morleigh! :happy: :heart: :heart:

Elvis said:
OMG.

He wore the beanie.

*coughlamecough*

[color=royal blue]Yeah not to be insensitive or anything......It's GOOD to marry someone. But....I'm seriously giggling at the beanie. He could have at least bedazzled it ....

Also BONO IN SUIT *dies*

Was Bono the best man or anything? Or....I don't even know how an Edge wedding would work. Someone educate me.
[/color]

Here's the translation of that article from youtwo.net

U2 in Eze: Wedding with Friends for Dave Evans aka The Edge

The guitarist/singer of the mythic band chose the village of Eze for an exotic garden celebration
reports The Envoyer.

The secret was well guarded, however for several days before the wedding, rumors of the marriage
were appearing on the internet: Dave Evans (The Edge), guitarist/singer of U2, would be celebrating
his marriage in the Cote d'Azur and in Eze.

This information was revealed except for the date. But yesterday afternoon, all the signs around
Eze pointed to a grand celebration: Bono's yacht was anchored at the edge of the beach in front of
his large seaside villa; a line of limos had organized in front of the Ch?teau de la Ch?vre d'Or; and a
sign indicated that the exotic gardens had been reserved from 2 to 7 p.m. The newlyweds, who had
already exchanged vows in Ireland, would appear at any time in Eze.

Later The Edge, who was wearing a black cap, and Bono were seen leaving a salon and also seen by
tourists outside the exotic garden. Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen weren't far off. The bride, in a
magnificent dress, was seen climbing the stairs [of the gardens] while the rest of the party was at
the Ch?teau de la Ch?vre d'Or.

Dave Evans and Morleigh Steinberg have been sharing their lives together since U2's 1993 ZooTV
tour, for which she was a dancer and choreographer. The two met again yesterday at the top of the
village of Eze. Thanks to the kindly cooperation of the village, the exotic garden was reserved for
the couple and their 250 guests, friends, and celebrities.

Among those attending the wedding party yesterday afternoon were Bob Geldof, Helena Christensen,
Dennis Hopper, Lenny Kravitz, and Quincy Jones.

The discrete alleys [of the village] and sunglasses couldn't conceal all the celebrities who attended,
however, the ceremony in the garden was strictly private.

One could hear the murmurs of vows being repeated, which were most likely done because of the
couple's deep religious beliefs. The Edge was christened in the religious group Shalom with Bono
and Larry in 1980, which almost destroyed their rock 'n roll dream.

Around 7 p.m., the wedding party left for the gardens at the Ch?teau de la Ch?vre D'or where more
stars, friends, and many children joined them. Among them were David Evan's three daughters from
his first marriage and the two children that he and Morleigh share.

The mayor of Eze, Noel Sapia, and the secretary general of the townhall, Pierre-Paul Leonelli,
welcomed the bride and groom and congratulated them. For 8 months in advance, the mayor had
kept the secret of the celebration.

Bono shared a joke with Noel Sapia. The mayor spoke of the singer's meeting with Jacques Chirac.
Bono reassured him, "I'm not making any demands from the mayor of Eze -- but I have asked
something huge of the president of the Republic."

Very cheerfully, the couple walked the grounds of the garden. A little later, Paul Allen, co-founder
of Microsoft, who is a fan of rock 'n roll and the guitarist was entertained with a show. The
wedding party, which grew to 350 guests, partied throughout the night.

THANK YOU IrishThunder!!! This was the first thing I did when I got up this morning - look for wedding pics! :D I let out a big squeal, and a big AWWWWWWW!!! *claps hands like a 2 year old* I havet o agree with Elvis about the beanie....but I'm not the least bit surprised he wore it! I swear the guy prolly sleeps in it....

Could they look any more adorable or any happier??? Morleigh's dress is gorgeous (she could probably wear a potato sack and look great, feh); loved Edgie's suit too....you don't see him in a suit very often! What great shots...but wtf was up with the guests? Just how casual WAS this wedding anyway? Bono in a green suit...hmm....

Was very interested to hear they held a *Jewish* ceremony, would have loved to see Edgie crush the glass...I wonder if this means he's converting??? OY! ;)

I just think the whole thing is bloody marvelous, and I couldn't be happier for them!

MAZELTOV!!! to the happy couple!!! Woo hoo! *throws rice...or birdseed...or flower petals, whatever*

Back
Top Bottom