dream out loud pt8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
ok forgive me for make Bono like Mr nasty I know he is not one bit like that in rl.. but I needed some sparks to fly cos gonna get them together soon and this chapter is leading up to it:wink:

She had come a long way, Rosie had to admit that now with some pride, she had just aquired her own apartment in London's trendy West end, and had just bought her own car, she was glad she had convinced Adam to learn her to drive last year and had just passed her driving test four months ago. The European tour had been pretty good, but exhausting, she thought once it ended she would have a chance to relax and take it easy for a while, But it hadn't turned out quite like that, it seemed fame and fortune also brought publicity good and bad, and at the moment in the Local Irish newspapers she was being made out to be a heartless Bitch living in shameless luxury in London and not giving a penny to her poor mother back in the squalid streets of Dublin.

It was totally untrue, when she had started to reap the benefits of being in the band, Rosie had send her mother money, and had done so for almost a year hoping it would help her mother out and improve her quality of life, but then she discovered much to her dismay that her Mother and Sean had just frittered the money away on alcohol and gambling, and where no better of...

It had been a hard desicion for her but in the end Rosie had threatened to stop sending the money, and would only do so if her mother got help with her drinking problem, and tried to clean up her life, Rosie's mother's response to this was a colourful mixture of foul language and she told Rosie to stuff her money, that her jumped up little daughter wasn't going to dictate to her how to live her life. comunication between them ceased after this.

Now it seemed in the face of her new found fame Sean and her mother had decided to cash in by going to the papers and making her look bad, she had been advised not to reply to the accusations and allegations, because it would die down quicker without the attention, She reluctantly went along with this advice, but it was hanging over her like a black cloud that wouldnt go away, espicially now the British tabloids had picked up on it and started to spread the story around even more.

She had been getting very little sleep, and wanted to hide away.. only she couldn't because of her obligation to the Band, Bono was already trying put stuff for their next album, and she found herself living more in the recording studio's than her apartment.
She had hoped she would be able to relax on the weekend, but once more Bono had phoned her up that morning and demanded she come down to the studio they needed her there, so a little wearily she had driven over, hoping they wouldnt be there all day.

When she arrived she found Bono and Edge there they were trying out a new riff on their guitars, by the time she arrived she was feeling tetchy.

"Hope you don't plan on keeping me half the day, I got other things to do"

"We only got the studios for a couple of hours" Bono replied "Thats why I needed you here right now, to try out the new lyrics I have written for this song, I think it could be a potential hit, maybe our first number one"

"I see" Rosie replied, Bono was all was striving for them to be better than their last album to have a big number one hit, his quest for perfection made him a hard taskmaster when he got obsessed with getting something right.

And although all Rosie wanted to do was get the few hours over with and get out of the studio, Bono knowing she wasnt giving it her all, came down on her hard about not hitting the right notes and trying harder, making her do the singing part several times, after the fifth attempt, and he was still not satisfied, she got fed up. and swiping of the earphones swore at him
"Will you cut me a break I am doing my best here"

"Call that your best" Bono snapped back "If that is your best I wouldn't like to hear your worst" he retorted scathingly

"Maybe we should take a break for a while" Edge put in, he recognised the fiery light in Rosies eyes and the determinate way Bono's jaw was set, they were heading for one of their blow ups

"We haven't the time for taking breaks" Bono replied "And we shouldn't need to keep doing this she is suppose to be a professional now.. she should know better, than throwing a tantrum like a three year old"

"Well can you blame me, the way you are bloody acting mr perfectionist, I sung fine that last time.. you are just being awkward as always, you are never satisfied"

"I am not asking anything from you I never asked before" Bono told her, "And don't try and tell me your singing fine. when you know rightly you are not.. I am only being truthful you just can't handle it"

"Well I am tired, I have not been sleeping too good lately" Rosie shot back in defense "This past week hasn't been easy with all that stuff in the papers... my ma and Sean trashing me, and I don't get a chance to publicly defend myself" and the last thing I need is you on my back"

If she was expecting some sympathy on this point from Bono she was disappointed, instead he looked more contemptous

"Is that your excuse? That rubbish in the newspapers?" he demanded, "For Gawd sake Rosie I can't believe you are letting it get to you like this... you know it comes part and parcel with being famous.. you are going to get trashed. What you don't let it do is get in the way of your proffession," he was right up into her face now as he spoke the next words with soft deliberation his blue eyes boring into hers, "if you can't handle it and give me one hundred percent, you might as well just walk away right now and pack it all up"

Rosie was on the verge of telling him to go to hell and walk out, only they were interrupted at this point when their manager walked in, he was so caught up in his own excitement he never felt the tension that lay heavy in the room
"Glad I found you here I got great news" he exclaimed .

"Oh yeah" Edge put down his guitar only too relieved for the interruption "Whats happening?"

"Well Your have been nominated for three different categories in the Brit awards coming up soon" their manager replied "I mean we all had an idea it could happen but its just been confirmed"

"What categories?" Bono demanded

"The best international act, best album and best single" Their manager replied grinning like a Chesire cat

"Whooo Hooo!!!" Bono exclaimed punching his fist in the air, and forgetting his situation just ten minutes before with Rosie
he grabbed her and swung her around making her squeal in protest but then she laughed getting caught up in the excitement, and soon they were all hugging and congratulating each other.

If there was ever a moment Rosie had needed good news it had been at that very moment, and she planted a big kiss of gratitude on her managers cheek.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom