Dream out loud pt 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
(THREE YEARS LATER)
Have to do a big leap to get to the next part. To fill you in, the band U2(including Rosie now in the group and who is on keyboards when needed and also doing backing vocals, singing along with Bono, or on her own depending on the songs, and no she and Bono have not got together yet.. be patient I am getting there) are at last after the release of their third album heading for world wide fame and recognition, they are established and have now aquired a very strong fan base and are starting to sell out concerts in stadiums and concert halls on their tour, their latest released single gets to number two in most European countries and in the top ten in the American charts and they are basking in the glow of their growing success and the money is starting to come in...enough of the background now on with the story.....

The shrill ringing of the phone, penetrated Rosie out of her deep slumber, making her reluctantly open her eyes with a little groan of protest and roll over to grope for the phone by her bedstand, no light filtered through the curtains in the hotel bedroom so she was pretty sure it dawn had not made an appearance yet.
"Hello?" she mumbled sleepily
The Hotel phone operator informed her that there was a call for her from a Mr Hewson.. then put her through.
Rosie sat up on one elbow trying to shake of the fog of sleep

"Bono, what the bloody hell are you playing at, its four oclock in the morning" she exclaimed as she peered at the small bedside clock with its luminous hands and numbers

"Yeah I know the time, thank you" Bono replied "I need you to come and fetch me" he seemed unconcerned with the annoyance in her voice

"What do you mean you need me to come and fetch you, where are you?" she then asked her annoyance giving way to slight concern that something had happened to him, the last she seen of him he was clubbing away in a little nightclub they discovered
in Paris after they had finished their gig that night.

"Um.. I am not sure.. hang on" Bono replied, she heard him talking to someone else, it and could make a female replying to whatever he said.

"Get a pen and paper and write the address down" he then informed Rosie "unfortunatly I don't know my way around this part of town to walk back to the hotel, and I don't have any money on me for a taxi.. so thought you could get one for me, and I don't think it would be right to ask the young lady I am with for the fare.. don't want her to think I am a penniless rockstar"
"Oh no we can't have that" Rosie retorted sitting up and wide awake now. "I can't believe you woke me up at this time of the morning to come and fetch you from some girl you spent the night with, couldn't you phone Edge or one of the others?" she demanded

"You kidding" Bono exclaimed "The state they left the nightclub in, they are probably out cold.. its just as well you have more self control with alcohol than the rest of us, or I would be in real deep shit.. We are suppose to be In Germany tomorrow.. look good if I missed the tour coach cos I couldn't afford a ride back to the hotel"

"I've a good mind to go back to bed and let you roll in it" Rosie replied

"Yeah, but you won't" Bono drawled confidently "You are a professional Rosylee, and you don't want to let our fans down and they would be if I wasn't there"

"She hated that he was right and she hated him for calling her Rosylee, his pet name for her which irritated her, and he used it when he liked to wind her up

"You are a firstclass pain in the butt Mr Paul Hewson" she informed him, letting him know her displeasure before resigningly turning on the bedside lamp and rummaging in the drawer, for pen and paper to take down the address.

An hour later riding in the back of the taxi she found the address he had given her and found him standing outside block of apartments, his shirt was crumpled and only half buttoned up and hung out over jeans, his hair was a mess too and he his eyes looked weary and bloodshot.. too many night on the razzle was taking its toll on him, he looked relieved when he seen the taxi pull up and got into the back beside her "What kept you, I thought you were never coming"

"Well my french isn't great, and the taxi driver had to stop a few times to ask directions" Rosie informed him curtly "You should be glad I turned up at all"

"Yeah thanks" Bono replied sliding down and sprawling himself on the seat next to her "Gawd I am wrecked" he rubbed a hand over his eyes.

"Well what else can you expect, the way you are always partying every night after a gig, its bound to catch up with you"
she lectured him

"But I will be ok I got you to take care of me," Bono then drawled patted her hand, she knew he was goading her, and refused to rise to the bait, it had been observed by Bono and the others, that Rosie who had spent most of her life taking care of herself and her drunken mother and being used to be in charge and taking control had unconsciously transferred this into her role with the band, she was always there ready to pick up after them, make sure they got ready for their gigs and other appearances on time, Bono had taken advantage of this weakness in her, as he had done tonight, it irked her that he knew how to play her.
She wasn't sure how she would describe their relationship.

When he had finally stopped crowing about how he knew she would end up joining them and they set of for London to get down the the business of making an album and getting on the road promting themselves.. he had pushed her hard and she had pushed just as hard back, sparks had flew at time, but out of it they had gained a mutual respect for each other, and the chemistry between them on stage vying for the attention for the audience served to make the show lively.

There was chemistry off stage too,but when he tried to come onto her, she give him the cold shoulder even though she admit there was an attraction there, Jason's words still burnt into her brain, that the only reason U2 wanted her was so they could jump into bed with her.. well she was proving him wrong, this was not about sex this was about her talent, she let everyone know it, including Bono.

He occasionally flirted with her just to get her going, he liked to see her struggling to fight of his charms, and admired her for holding out so well, but he still liked teasing her.

He eyed her now as he sat next in the taxi, a mischevious twinkle in his blue eyes he then delibertly lay his head on her shoulder
and felt her stiffen a little. "The back of a taxi can be quite cosy don't ya think?"

"Not when you had to get out of your bed at four in the morning to get one" Rosie retorted staying on the defensive

"Sure you would be getting up in an hour anway to catch the coach " Bono replied snuggling closer to her ""I just got you up a bit earlier, but we can always have a little snooze together on the coach..ooh is that your heart beating faster at the thought of that" he enquired teasingly

"Will you stop this" Rosie shifted away from him trying to not let him get to her "its bad enough you get me out of my bed, without using me as your bloody pillow as well"

"But you make such a nice soft pillow" Bono told her.

Rosie remained unmoved "If you want a female pillow you should have stayed with your little french groupie you were with tonight" she retorted "I am sure she was very accommodating

"Oh she was" Bono replied in a matter of fact voice "Actually she was very accommodating" he winked with a meaningful grin.

"Spare me the details and save it for the rest of the lads, I am sure the lot of you will enjoy exchanging tales of your sexual prowess" Rosie told him

"Spoilsport" Bono replied getting bored with the game of teasing her and sat back in the taxi with his eyes closed and now ignored her depriving her of being sarky with him the rest of the ride back to the hotel, she wasn't sure if she was relieved or disappointed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom