dream out loud pt 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
Over the next two weeks Fay and her entourage of body guards and personal trainers invaded the U2 ground frequently
and the Paparrazzi always keen for a story and having a big star like Fay in England where watching her every move, and soon it was all over the media about Bono being Fay's new man as blurred pictures of them dining together, holding hands coming out of her hotel were splashed all over the newspapers with a lot of speculation. Bono was enjoying all the attention from the press and Fay on a more personal level.

Rosie found herself staying in the background watching it it all not quite sure how she felt. She wasn't really surprised at his behaviour she had almost been waiting for this to happen, so she wasn't particularly fuming at the fact he had just pushed whatever they had to the side without a a word of regret or apology, but then what had her relationship with Bono been? Obviously just an amusing pastime till something bigger and better turned up in the shape of Fay Lawson

He was ambitous and craved fame and recognition.. he got that with Fay there was no way she could compete with that. and she wasn't even going to try, she had her pride, and she wasn't going to let him see he had hurt her, or it was affecting her, so she didn't get mad at him. just kept her personal feelings aside and when she had to be in his company acted more or less as she had always done with him, and like they had never been anything more than friends and work colleagues.

Fay was wanting Bono to help collaberate on her new album, and he only too willingly agreed, and it was starting to piss Rosie and the others off he seem to be starting to take more interest in her career than that of the band, it seemed Fay had him wrapped around her little finger.

They were starting their tour in America Bono decreed, though he claimed it was to do with getting the band promoted there more, they knew the other reason was because it would be more convient for him to be nearer Fay.

The two of them had a great publicity thing going with their relationship filling most of the celebrity gossip columns and Just as the tour got of to a kickstart a photo of the two of them semi naked and kissing at some beach with the discreetly blacked out private parts of their bodies appeared in the american newspapers which caused quite a stir and of course got Bono lots more attention.

Rosie by now was bemused at the lengths Bono would go to to get his name and face in the papers, encouraged by Fay, who seem to think of Bono as her new plaything. and held her head up high that she would never stoop to that level, but she remained nuetral in not making any comment aloud about Bono and Fays relationship, not even to the rest of the band.

She told herself she didn't care what they did and even tolerated Fay's company, and managing to politely refuse Fay's offer to visit her beautician and get a complete makeover, because she thought Rosie needed an image lift, and should lose some weight.
But the last straw came in the middle of the american tour and their gig in NewYork when Fay showed up claiming she was coming to support Bono and then just before the band were due to go on stage, Bono appraoched Rosie in her dressing room.

"Rosie me and Fay just had a great idea to open tonights show.. we are going to give you a short break and I am going to introduce Fay onto the stage and she is going to sing the first couple of numbers along with me" he informed her

Rosie who had hastily pulled her top over head as she was in the middle of getting dressed stopped in her tracks
"And when was this decided?" she demanded

"Oh earlier, we done a bit of a rehearsal messing about with Fay was pretending to be you singing along with me.. then she came up with this brilliant idea she could go on with me tonight, just for the first few songs... the crowd will love it, and it will make front page news, and great publicity for us" Bono informed her grinning

"I take it when you say us, you mean you and Fay" Rosie retorted

"For all of us" Bono replied "Hey C'mon you are not going to give me a hard time about this are you, don't tell me you are so insecure you can't share the limnelight with Fay Dawson?" he taunted

Incensed with such an accusation Rosie swung around and lifted the nearest thing which was her hair brush and flung it at him he ducked out of the way just in time and it sailed by his ear

"Get outta here Bono before I do you some serious damage" she threatened.

"I take it that, is a yes" Bono replied remaining unruffled by her anger.. though he did take a step towards the door

"Go to hell" she shot back

"Fine I will tell Fay you are fine with the idea.. can't have her thinking you are jealous" Bono then said and noticed Rosie was picking up a ceramic bowl filled with various chocolates and sweets and looked like she was going to fling it at him he beat a hasty retreat out the door before she got the chance.

When he was gone Rosie put the bowl back down with a thud and the some of the contents spilled out, in her anger imagining it was Bono's head she swept them up and flung them across the room, then flopped down in the chair, feeling betrayed and hurt,
it was one thing when Fay had come into Bono's life and he now totally ignored her.. but the band was her territory, her family the only thing she had.. she was damned sure she was not going to let Fay try and take that from her too.

The fact that he hadn't even the decency to ask her.. but just tell her that Fay was going on with him, giving her no consideration or choice in the matter.. At that moment she hated Fay and she hated Bono... it would be a long time before she would forgive him for this

Back
Top Bottom