Confess- I Loved Saved By The Bell!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elizabeth

New Yorker
Ok everyone out there who loved the wacky crew of Kelly, Zack, , Screech, Slater, Jessie and Lisa...admit it! Which was your favorite episode?
Who did you have a crush on?
Did you ever wish you went to their high school?

Well here's your chance to relive the fun!

Bell Jarred: How Life Got Complicated After High School for a Class of Sitcom Stars

Premieres: Sun., Dec. 1, 8 p.m.
Encores: Dec. 1, 10 p.m.; Dec. 7, 11 a.m.; Dec. 8, 9 a.m.

Take a couple hunky California teenage guys, add a few sexy California teenage girls, put them together in a fictional high school, and what do you get? Cornball jokes and simple morality tales that resolved themselves after 30 minutes--week after week!

In mastering this formula, Saved by the Bell rang its way into the hearts of Saturday-morning television viewers everywhere. Between Zack's schemes and Screech's goofiness, the show's characters found ways to get in and out of trouble while competing for one another's affections. The critics hated it, the fans couldn't get enough, and the regulars became stars.

But behind the scenes, as you'll see in this new E! True Hollywood Story, premiering December 1, things at Bayside High weren't always sunny. Some cast members became romantically linked, while others feared being typecast. The young stars of the show had to find time to grow up--all while being hounded by fans.

intro.saved.jpg

facts.01.jpg

saved.hed.gif

Yes, I love Saved by the Bell. I have seen every episode at LEAST 5 times. I wanted to be Kelly and I had a crush on Zack. I would love to watch the True Hollywood Story but Sunday at 8 I watch American Dreams on NBC. Oh, well. I expect that they'll re-air it.

certainly they are re-airing it! I believe they call it "encore presentations." HAHAHAHA!!!:der: :der:

so marina was asking me if remember the episode where they lined up for ZOOTV tickets...I didn't recall it! Do you??

I don't see any reruns anymore, but it used to be on for like 2 hours total every afternoon...my sister and I would watch it together all the time! I loved that show!!!!!! We thought Zach was a stud!! :D

elizabeth said:
certainly they are re-airing it! I believe they call it "encore presentations." HAHAHAHA!!!:der: :der:

so marina was asking me if remember the episode where they lined up for ZOOTV tickets...I didn't recall it! Do you??

I remember an episode where they were making a really long line for a concert, but I didn't remember it was for a U2 concert! Unfortunately, I wasn't so into U2 then. :reject:

flaming june said:

I remember an episode where they were making a really long line for a concert, but I didn't remember it was for a U2 concert! Unfortunately, I wasn't so into U2 then. :reject:

OMG THAT IS SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!
I NEVER REALIZED THAT!!!!!!!!
YAHOOOOOO FOR SBTB AND U2!!!!!!
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Sparkysgrrrl said:

"I'm so excited! I'm so excited!...I'm so....scared!"

BAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! BEST EPISODE EVERRR!! :lmao:

I'm also embarrassedly fond of the episode with everyone's favorite band, "Zack Attack". I think that one had the worst lip synching ever captured on film. lol. *warbles* Diiiid we ever have a chaaaaance?? :sad: :der:

On one of my U2 tapes somewhere, I actually taped bits of that episode where they were tryin' to get U2 tickets...I taped the parts that mentioned U2. :reject:

I did the same for California Dreams...remember that show? There was the one time when one of the guys went on a date with a girl, and they talked about how they went to the U2 concert. The guy said he was so close that Bono sweat on him. There was also another episode where Jake wanted to buy Tiffany a special edition U2 thing that included a lock of Bono's hair. :laugh:

I don't mean to brag or anything :lmao: but...Screech himself, Mr. Dustin Diamond owns a house right here in Placentia...yup, we've got a full fledged actor guy living here..teehee.

When we sold our house in 1998, our realtor told us that she had just sold a house to a "one of those Saved by the Bell kids...that Scratch guy, I think." Word got out really fast and pretty soon all the kids around here started driving by his house yelling "SCREECH!" We saw him a few times in his car and at the store but I never talked to him.

told you I wasn't making it up...they were lining up overnight to buy tickets to zoo tv, of course zach's bright idea was to leave screech in line, and of course screech screwed it up. They asked Screech what type tickets he wanted he didn't know, so he was first in line he asked the guy behind him to hold his spot and went looking for zach, then of course they couldn't get tickets but they instead found a box of money and zach decided he could make a profit by buying tickets with the money selling them double price etc. So then they are chased by the supposed owners of the cash and gets into all sorts of trouble to find out they were on hidden tv and the prize for the troubles were front row tickets.

:rolleyes: oh if only our ticket problems had such happy endings.

p.s. I saw this episode 3 times within, there was nothing else on tv, i'm not crazy, and it's the only episode i recall besides the Lisa with broken foot dance with screech

Bonochick said:
On one of my U2 tapes somewhere, I actually taped bits of that episode where they were tryin' to get U2 tickets...I taped the parts that mentioned U2. :reject:

I did the same for California Dreams...remember that show? There was the one time when one of the guys went on a date with a girl, and they talked about how they went to the U2 concert. The guy said he was so close that Bono sweat on him. There was also another episode where Jake wanted to buy Tiffany a special edition U2 thing that included a lock of Bono's hair. :laugh:

:lol: I wondered if anybody was going to mention that!

mbi16 said:
told you I wasn't making it up...they were lining up overnight to buy tickets to zoo tv, of course zach's bright idea was to leave screech in line, and of course screech screwed it up. They asked Screech what type tickets he wanted he didn't know, so he was first in line he asked the guy behind him to hold his spot and went looking for zach, then of course they couldn't get tickets but they instead found a box of money and zach decided he could make a profit by buying tickets with the money selling them double price etc. So then they are chased by the supposed owners of the cash and gets into all sorts of trouble to find out they were on hidden tv and the prize for the troubles were front row tickets.

:rolleyes: oh if only our ticket problems had such happy endings.

p.s. I saw this episode 3 times within, there was nothing else on tv, i'm not crazy, and it's the only episode i recall besides the Lisa with broken foot dance with screech

:yes: I remember that well!

marina, that is so classic. i knew you LOVED that show. You addict.

Anyway, the one i remember the best is the drinking party one...where they are all wearing togas..and they drive drunk in Lisa's parents' car...and Slater is hurt, and they can't fix Lisa's parents' car...and I think Zack used his giant cell phone to trick everyone's parents...but they all get caught in the end!

LMAO!

those kids....

Jam Jar said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVED it! we were talking about it today at lunch- apparently, in realy life they were going out too- reruns?!?!? where?? even though i was 5...it'll be fun to watch it again! hehe

So did anybody catch E! True Hollywood Story last night? I saw the last 15 minutes or so after they re-aired it following the Anna Nicole Show (couldn't watch it at the original timeslot because I'm addicted to American Dreams...Luke= :love: Jimmy Riley= :madspit: :lmao: *end randomness*), but what I saw was cool...I'm curious as to what all was covered.

I remember seeing Mark Paul Gosselaar on Leno or Letterman or something like that a few months ago and he was talking about how he had dated all three of the girls at one point or another...:shrug: But the way he said it, I wasn't sure if he was kidding or not.

I like Mario Lopez. I've watched him a bit on The Other Half. He seems like a really sweet guy.

wertsie said:
I remember seeing Mark Paul Gosselaar on Leno or Letterman or something like that a few months ago and he was talking about how he had dated all three of the girls at one point or another...:shrug: But the way he said it, I wasn't sure if he was kidding or not.

YES! I watched the show last night! The best part was they showed THE SCENE of Jessie singing "I'm so excited, I'm so excited....I'm SO SCARED" and then collapsing on the bed while Zack tried to get the caffeine pills away from her. That's just classic! :lol:

And about dating all the girls, in the show they said that all the cast members (except Dustin Diamond) dated each other at one time or another. Quite incestuous! :D

I was so glad they showed that Jessie scene, I stand corrected, it wasn't diet pills it was No Dose.
How silly of me to think they'd choose something as serious as Dexatrim lol

Mr Belding looks OLD now, and he's not that old...he just looked rough like he went in a downward spiral after the show went off or something.

Sparkysgrrrl said:
I was so glad they showed that Jessie scene, I stand corrected, it wasn't diet pills it was No Dose.
How silly of me to think they'd choose something as serious as Dexatrim lol

Mr Belding looks OLD now, and he's not that old...he just looked rough like he went in a downward spiral after the show went off or something.

:yes: He said he has the mustache for a new look or something. :no: It doesn't suit him at all!!!

And about the incest thing...It's not as bad as Barry Williams (Greg Brady) and Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) dating! :lol:

wertsie said:

And about the incest thing...It's not as bad as Barry Williams (Greg Brady) and Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) dating! :lol:

very very true!! in a weird tv-land kind of way.

and poor screech! no one would date him!! how rough is that...not on the tv show and not in real life. sucks to be screech...

elizabeth said:

and poor screech! no one would date him!! how rough is that...not on the tv show and not in real life. sucks to be screech...

*fyi: the Brady thing really happened. :wink:

Also, Dustin Diamond WAS younger than everyone else in the cast. I have this old SBTB book and it has info on the cast and stuff. If I remember right, Dustin was 14 when this was published, while Mario and Mark-Paul were both 17...And I'm pretty sure Lark and Tiffani were 17 too...Elizabeth was a couple years older. So that could be why...

elizabeth said:

k, I'm not really a PLEBAn so I prolly shouldn't be here but I just wanted to say that I, too, watch SBTB religiously... especially that U2 episode. I dont wanna burst any bubbles, but Dustin Diamond is not the nicest guy in real life. :madspit: I won't get into it cause it's a whole big soap opera in itself (and I don't like silly gossip) but trust me, he's a bit of a sleeze. He did get free tickets to Disneyland whenever he wanted though. So I guess that's kinda cool heh heh. :p

Last edited:
elizabeth said:

Then he went on and stayed with the NEW Saved by the Bell show which was REAAAAAAALLY bad...:eeklaugh:

And I admit...I also love that show. Greatness. When I was little, I thought THAT'S what high school should be about...boy did I get a shock when I was a freshman. haha.

Back
Top Bottom