Chernobyl Heart on HBO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2grace

The Fly
Chernobyl Heart documentary is airing on HBO, tonight (Sept 9) at 8:45PM US eastern time. If you go to hbo.com, there is more info on other air times as well as a link to Chernobyl Children's Project, etc.

Thank you, I never would have realized it was on!

*Wanders off to set VCR*

I don't think Ali was actually involved in this one. My understanding is that it was an independent person, but maybe Chernobyl Children's Project was consulted or slightly involved. I think this won an Oscar and the director thanked Adi Roche, who runs CCP. (Ali did a different documentary years ago - exact name escapes me at the moment - something like White Land, Black Wind or something.)

u2grace said:
I don't think Ali was actually involved in this one. My understanding is that it was an independent person, but maybe Chernobyl Children's Project was consulted or slightly involved. I think this won an Oscar and the director thanked Adi Roche, who runs CCP. (Ali did a different documentary years ago - exact name escapes me at the moment - something like White Land, Black Wind or something.)

I have a copy of that video. Ali narrates bits of the previous Chernobyl documentary and you can see her interacting with the people who live there. It's very touching seeing her with the little kids in hospital.

No HBO for me either. :(

If anyone who does have HBO can tape it and maybe share any stills or more info with the rest of us about this documentary, I'm sure the rest of us would appreciate it. :wink:

Great to know that it's on American TV somewhere. :up:

http://www.ccp-intl.org :angel: :hug:

Jamila said:
No HBO for me either. :(

If anyone who does have HBO can tape it and maybe share any stills or more info with the rest of us about this documentary, I'm sure the rest of us would appreciate it. :wink:

Great to know that it's on American TV somewhere. :up:

http://www.ccp-intl.org :angel: :hug:

Thanks for the link, Jamila.

Please also visit www.chernobyl-ireland.com

Last edited:
I watched parts of the documentry - heartwrenching to watch and at times I couldn't bear to watch anymore - and I deal with some pretty nasty things in my line of work. How wonderful that people are out there helping these victims - I now know that it is a charity that I will be supporting. I think that is wonderful that Ali donates her time and support to this cause - she is just one very cool person

Many of my students come from this area. They have lost parents, siblings, and other relatives. Many of them are ill. The legacy of Chernobyl unfortunately will be long lasting.

Yes, it was really tough to watch at times. To see those innocent children was really unbelievable. I'd thought about looking more into the CCP organization before, but never have. I definitely will do so now and at least make a contribution. Puts our everyday problems into perspective again, doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom