Call for entries! Do your part for the cause!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Echo

War Child
Okay, I'm gonna set up that PLEBA glossary (see the "Mass Edge COnversion" thread if you don't know what I'm talking about).

But what I need from you guys is a list of every inside joke and double entendre that gets used around here. I havent been here too long, so it'll be helpful to include, for instance, who used it first, or where, things like that.

I'll also want the names of all the clubs and what their acronyms stand for.

If you would also love to have all of you in the glossary personally. For the record, state your name, PLEBA occupations (i.e., what clubs you run or whose loo you clean), favorite member, when you joined, your website, and any other juicy tidbits you want the world to know.

I'll get started the moment I start getting entries!

-Echo

------------------
Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure
Experience it at http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

Here's what I've gleaned...but I know there is OH, so much more!! Come on Plebacites!!! Add your entries here!!
biggrin.gif

• PLEBA - Paul (McGuinness), Larry, Edge, Bono and Adam of U2
    Better than Midol - one of the Pleba slogans put on tags to hang around necks at U2 concerts
    Too much is not enough - see description above
    Makes your Ass Wide - see description above
    Bonoclone - the name for Bono's gorgeous doppleganger, Tony, who is in a U2 cover band
    Willie - Adam's member/appendage?or any male appendage for that matter
    Orgasmatron - an invention for women mentioned by Edge at the Grammy awards
    Elevated - Bono's version of a hard-on; also the feeling a U2 fan experiences from seeing a U2 show live...typically lasts several days, or even weeks, after the concert
    Anything 'licious' - usually describing one of the members of U2, i.e., Larrylicious
    Larryland - 'the happiest place in the world!' Where Larry Mullen RULES.
    Moaner - Disco's name for Mona/WildHonee for her hormonally charged and hilarious posts about U2...but mostly about Bono
    Pez - i.e., Bono being who he is, his wife, Ali tends to pop out kids like a Pez dispenser, since Bono's bottom half is the Catholic half.
    Bedazzle - Pleba's description of what has been done to Edge's clothing, circa Achtung Baby thru ATYCLB...and what Pleba girls want to do to their own clothes using the infamous "Bedazzler"!
    Eeedddgge!!! Bedazzle meeeeeee!!!!! - a tipsy Bono screaming at Edge to bedazzle his shirt - from Bluey's story about U2 on Elevation Air
    Lemon - a whole genre of Bono-related things surrounding the song 'Lemon', Bono's fascination with the fruit, and his mother's yellow dress.
    Man Cleavage - that which is created by male pecs buffed by exercise...or 25 years of drumming!!
    Popwhore - not sure...April?????
    wink.gif

Seven pound package - the assumed weight of Bono's member in the "elevated Bono" thread
    Plebacite - a member of Pleba (typically female)
    Thud - typically, *THUD*, the virtual sound of a Plebacite hitting the desk/table/floor in swooning shock over a picture of a U2 member
    Smooth Criminal - the name given to Larry Mullen Jr. by Mona/WildHonee for being buff and hairless and snarly
    Sicy - A favorite Pleba moderator and Smiley Queen, short for SicilianGoddess

DISCO
-----
MOMM of EBOC

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 10-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 10-23-2001).]

Damn, that was good Disco! You've covered about all that I can think of!!!

*needs a good healthy dose of man-cleavage*

------------------
Ready for the Laughing Gas

Okay, version 1.0 of the glossary is up...but it's not nearly complete! Many PLEBAcites are underrepresented. If you are not happy with your entry (or your club's entry) in the glossary, or if you're miffed to find out that you're not in it at all, just let me know and I'll fix it right up. I'm still looking for more terms and in-jokes as well.

Go here to check it out: http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

And thanks for your help, Disco!

-Echo

------------------

April earned her POP_Whore name back around the time when she started out here at PLEBA - thanks to her wonderful Mrs.Edge Story and her obsession at the time with the POP look with Adam and LArry- I started calling her the popwhore. That's all there is too it - the rest is history...lol
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

hey Echo,, i just had a look at your glossary. Great work!!!

One thing I?d like to mention regarding your entry on Cardboard Adam: when U2 introduced the Elevation tour, Adam wasn?t there. Instead they had a cardboad figure of him standing right next to them.
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Studalicious: Incredibly, devastatingly sexy...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

AM, you're kidding me. Right?

Maybe I haven't been here long enough...

-Echo

------------------

Help me set up the Beginner's Guide to PLEBA! Version 2.0 is at:
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

JT reads aloud... "Gratuitious Crotch shot in 'Rattle & Hum'?! WHAT?! Did I miss something? Where's this?

*clueless*

------------------
Hip Pontiff of Sparkyism

"There's no room for spiritual constitpation here!" - Ian Astbury, The Cult

SlipStream Soul

Originally posted by J-Tree:
JT reads aloud... "Gratuitious Crotch shot in 'Rattle & Hum'?! WHAT?! Did I miss something? Where's this?

*clueless*

THANK you! I thought I was the only one. I read it and I was like "What? Where? WHO'S CROTCH?!?" Now, of course, I will have to run home and scan my copy of Rattle & Hum for this *very* classy piece of U2 nostalgia
wink.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
I read it and I was like "What? Where? WHO'S CROTCH

You forgot about that?!?!?!
*raises eyebrows and her eyes are wide open from amuzement*

*slaps Hallelujah Here She Comes on the cheeks*

Sorry, had to do that!
biggrin.gif

------------------
I'm hanging on
you're all that's left to hold on to...
I'm still waiting...

Originally posted by Echo:
AM, you're kidding me. Right?

Maybe I haven't been here long enough...

-Echo

nope, I speak the truth and only the truth
smile.gif
It?s a classic

excl_160201_mtvann.jpg

you can watch it on U2.com
smile.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

[This message has been edited by AM (edited 10-26-2001).]

Well, I'll be damned. Okay, I'll go edit that entry. But you gotta admit, the original wasn't too farfetched.

------------------

Help me set up the Beginner's Guide to PLEBA! Version 2.0 is at:

OMG! I never knew that cardboard adam story! I just made up that he was cardboard bc I rarely see him talk, and it's just like he's THERE all the time!

I'm psychic!

lol thanks to disco, from henceforth I am Moaner.

don't forget
*Phona: Mona's evil twin who is obsessed with posting the rugby picture. I don't know who she is...I'VE never met her *ahem*

*snooker: really some kind of game like billiards, but doesn't it sound like some kind of *innuendo* You'd like to do to Larry?

*Innuendo: the ONLY word I use, it seems like. (besides *is scandalized*)

*Hot Slice o' Piety: when Bono is holy or nice or helping the world. He is pious and YUMMY.

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
block champ at Nintendo
queen of innuendo

DREAM OUT LOUD

Originally posted by WildHonee:
OMG! I never knew that cardboard adam story! I just made up that he was cardboard bc I rarely see him talk, and it's just like he's THERE all the time!

Thank you Mona, I feared I was the only one who thought this!

Oops, I mean, *Moaner*

Heh heh.

-Echo

------------------

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing the Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
Version 3.0 is at:

Back
Top Bottom