Boston 12/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xERINx said:
boston was awesome! I got back last night. congrats to a bunch of interference members who got pulled up onstage during ONE.

the night was crazy with about 3 hours of solid music.

i've got a ton of pictures from the front row inside the elipse right in front of adam. i have yet to load them, but they're on their way.

one of the craziest parts of the show was adam getting 'tea-bagged' by bono.

hey

could you please let me know when you stick some pics up for 12/4 especially if you have any of the flags and stuff!! :hyper:
thanks

omg, I'm STILL laughing at Santa and Elvis!! :lmao:

Santa was few spots ahead of me and Mrs. Edge in the GA line and he was definately bad Santa! It was really amusing to see Santa smoking and using the F-word!

And Elvis was next to me on the rail outside of the elipse...he was a real sweet guy (other than holding up his sign and blocking my view). He was the same Elvis that got on stage in Vegas and he was dying to get back up and actually interact with Bono.

What a fun show! Jingle Bells, Baby Please Come Home, Bono chasing Edge around the elipse and my first GA experience!! :happy: :applaud:

Hey, Bono's American Wife - were you 420 or 421 (#30 or 31) in the fan club line? If so, I was right behind you, I was line buddies with the guy in front of me who was line buddies with you and your friend, I saw you two down the ellipse on the Edge side while I ended up Adam side.

Pop Artist said:
Hey, Bono's American Wife - were you 420 or 421 (#30 or 31) in the fan club line? If so, I was right behind you, I was line buddies with the guy in front of me who was line buddies with you and your friend, I saw you two down the ellipse on the Edge side while I ended up Adam side.

Yes!! I was #420 and Mrs. Edge was #421! What a small world! Are you the lady that made one last bathroom trip before they opened the doors? :laugh:

It's too bad none of us got in the elipse but I think we all ended up with pretty good spots :D

Bono's American Wife said:

Santa was few spots ahead of me and Mrs. Edge in the GA line and he was definately bad Santa! It was really amusing to see Santa smoking and using the F-word!

And Elvis was next to me on the rail outside of the elipse...he was a real sweet guy (other than holding up his sign and blocking my view). He was the same Elvis that got on stage in Vegas and he was dying to get back up and actually interact with Bono.

:lol: @ Santa. I heard the "Elvis" was a real dick, sleeping/absent all day then demanding a spot back....but I wasn't there so I won't judge.

My friend Christian was the Santa on stage at 12/5....he asked me to rub his suit to give him good luck since I had gotten on stage the night before with the Poverty banner.

I informed him after the show that in return he gave me a great gift.....a snippet of "Baby Please Come Home"

Christian is a real trip....he had a flask of tequila while we were waiting to go in

servo2005 said:
My friend Christian was the Santa on stage at 12/5....he asked me to rub his suit to give him good luck since I had gotten on stage the night before with the Poverty banner.

I informed him after the show that in return he gave me a great gift.....a snippet of "Baby Please Come Home"

Christian is a real trip....he had a flask of tequila while we were waiting to go in

I loved the little jig that him and Bono did! :lol:

servo2005 said:

*smacks head* I remember the name of the interferencer I met that I was forgetting. It was you! I was the girl in the blue hat and it was my 1st show. You gave me a hug during either Stuck or Yahweh. It was nice to meet you! :)

Bono's American Wife said:

Yes!! I was #420 and Mrs. Edge was #421! What a small world! Are you the lady that made one last bathroom trip before they opened the doors? :laugh:

It's too bad none of us got in the elipse but I think we all ended up with pretty good spots :D

Yep, that was me! Nice to meet you! I have a whole GA regimen, stop fluids no later than 3:30 and always try to make one last potty run as close as possible to going in. :D Yeah my spot was great, Adam did his bass dip tease right in front of me! There's a couple of photos of that on @U2's Flickr group (I swear my hand was just reaching for the bass head :wink: ), also one of me holding up the ONE sign.

I was right in front of adam on the rail on the 4th.. and yes, bono came up from behind adam, reached his hand underneath his butt and gave adam a little tickle from the front.. didn't seem to phase him at all, but you should have seen the look on my face.

and yes, i've got pics of all the flag people onstage, i'm sorry guys its taking me forever, i'm still trying to recover.

also, me and a few others were lucky enough to meet bono and edge at the hotel. there was only like 7 of us so it was really cool.. pictures of that to come as well.

meister said:
And here's some more...

PC040037_edited-1sm.jpg

Meister, any chance you could email me a high-res copy of this one? My wife and I are in the background behind Adam! Send it to hibricc@comcast.net, please.... Thanks!

daygloeyes2 said:

*smacks head* I remember the name of the interferencer I met that I was forgetting. It was you! I was the girl in the blue hat and it was my 1st show. You gave me a hug during either Stuck or Yahweh. It was nice to meet you! :)

it was great to meet you as well. :D

Nice pics... but I have a gripe. :mad:

I had GA tickets four times this tour. Once was in Ireland where the ellipse was thankfully not enclosed - so I was able to get into the inner chamber. However, I wasn't even close to getting into the ellipse the other three times. In fact, one time my friend and I weren't even scanned a second time!!!!! It's not like we arrived late either - we were there well before the opening act, but the computer scanners were already long gone! :madspit:

Yet, show after show it seems that people dressed as a cow or Elvis or Santa are able to get into the ellipse! What gives? How come I am zero for three yet others put on a stupid costume and make it show after show?

Now, I know I should be grateful that I've had the luxury of going to so many shows - and I am. But after having the honor of being inside the heart twice for the last show, now I can't get into the ellispe unless I dress stupidly or transform myself into a hot woman. :rolleyes: I really loathe this "random" lottery system.

I helped Elvis into the Ellipse the first night. The guy is really cool, one of the most humble you'd ever meet and is actually one of the top Elvis impersonators around.. www.markelvis.com so its not like he was just dressing up to get in the elipse.

anyway, with that said... i've finally got the pictures.

SOrry if they're too big!!! and sorry that most are adam.
92837f21.jpg

59e8ece8.jpg

4e092d50.jpg

4c5f01a1.jpg

bonoandedge.jpg

bonotalking.jpg

Bullet.jpg

And here's more:
Check out this jawline
3bb9ffd4.jpg

awesomeadamshot.jpg

I hope this one turns out, it was during the cellphone part.
76c2ebd0.jpg

adamserious.jpg

this shot was right after edge and bono played tag. edge won.
adamsrump.jpg

and for the ladies close to me with the "adam is the bomb" poster, I have a picture of him WINKING at you! That was like a one in a million shot! Plus, I saw one of you get pulled up and run over to kiss him. It was the cutest thing!
adamwinking.jpg

I dont know if the "mysteriousways/wowy" girl reads this but you owe me money for these shots. if you read this and want more, let me know and I'll send you a disc!
bonoholdingleg.jpg

bonowithgirl.jpg

withgirl.jpg

withorwithoutyou.jpg

xERINx said:
I helped Elvis into the Ellipse the first night. The guy is really cool, one of the most humble you'd ever meet and is actually one of the top Elvis impersonators around.. www.markelvis.com so its not like he was just dressing up to get in the elipse.

On Monday night, he was next to me on the outside rail, off center toward Edge's side. I was really leary of standing next to him at first because I thought he would be really obnoxious in trying to get on stage but it turns out he was a very nice guy. I've heard that he was not so nice in the GA line and didn't play fair with the number system but I wasn't around for that.

The only gripe I have about him was that he kept putting his sign up when Bono was coming toward me, totally blocking my view. I pushed it away a few times and gve him the stink eye but I don't think he even realized he was blocking me until then. Security finally got his attention after the 3rd or 4th time and he was more careful after that.

Other than the signs, he was rather quiet and gentlemanly. He even put me on the phone with one of his friends to verify that I saw him in Vegas, lol.

He could really teach the cow guy a few lessons in how to behave in a GA crowd :wink:

Great pics btw! :applaud:

daygloeyes2 said:

I saw him in the ellipse on Adam's side during the 12/4 show. I think Bono acknowledged him during UTEOTW or Mysterious Ways that night. :shrug:

YES- Bono sang "Elvis broke my heart" in the middle of Until. It was great :heart:

Awesome photos xErinx! :bow: :love:

Hey, xERINx, I met you before the show. I met Edge and Larry on the 5th and got pictures and autographs. I will post them as soon as I figure out how.

SMB

He looks hot!!! :drool:
I heard that there was a fight between some gals at one of the Boston shows!!! Does anyone know if this is true?

Back
Top Bottom