Bono's Dancing Girls VI - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alli, you are so getting on stage tonite... with the story being in the papers and everything else... while I am completely jealous, I'm also totally excited for you and will continue to live vicariously through you....

I was kind of thinking along the same lines DG, about the discreet comment! :eyebrow: Why is it anyone's place to judge how spontaneously a girl will be if they get on stage with Bono&finally get to live their dream? :|

Anyway, i'm sooooo jealous Alli, but hyper for you too! :love: :happy: You're making this very interesting to watch now! :wink: It's like i can't wait to read the next instalment of your story now! :up:

Some great pics of Alli by dreamchaser (aka U2Mel) here :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melissa/sets/1322378/

I love Bono's expression in this one :cute:

127314c4.jpg

he was having a great time :lol:

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
Hi! :wave:

I was writing up my experience last night when I heard a screeching cry from my son's bedroom....

so we ended up being up all last night due to some kind of virus he caught from the other 16 children he attends preschool with. Anyway, I will write more details very soon. I must get back into the Oakland GA line which, btw, is a complete fiasco. ugh...

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. :hug:

Virus, i hate these virus. My son caught a flu, he has fever, and i think he'll pass to my others 2 sons, i'm going to travel whith my mind here:(

I hope you son feels better soon.:hug:

Some of the comments are getting a bit out of hand here,touches of the green eyed monsters??

Getting pulled up to dance with Bono is supposed to be a bit of fun, sure a lot of fans would like to be up there but its not the be all and end all of going to a U2 concert .
I don't understand some peoples obsession with having to be up on stage (by that I mean all the silly comments how can I get up will he pick me) I would rather have my Bono moments without 20,000 other fans watching!

I have nothing but respect for those of you that have been up there and not gone over the top like at some shows on this and previous tours, I would personally freeze!! and then trip and fall off stage!!

Bono's Tart said:
I would rather have my Bono moments without 20,000 other fans watching!

OHHHHH YEAHHHH......me too :D
did I just say that outloud???

Bono's Tart said:
Some of the comments are getting a bit out of hand here,touches of the green eyed monsters??

Getting pulled up to dance with Bono is supposed to be a bit of fun, sure a lot of fans would like to be up there but its not the be all and end all of going to a U2 concert .
I don't understand some peoples obsession with having to be up on stage (by that I mean all the silly comments how can I get up will he pick me) I would rather have my Bono moments without 20,000 other fans watching!

I have nothing but respect for those of you that have been up there and not gone over the top like at some shows on this and previous tours, I would personally freeze!! and then trip and fall off stage!!

:up:

this thread has been lots nicer than other ones...that's for sure. congrats to all you beautiful women who have been on stage.

kellyahern said:
Some great pics of Alli by dreamchaser (aka U2Mel) here :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melissa/sets/1322378/

I love Bono's expression in this one :cute:

127314c4.jpg

he was having a great time :lol:

Awwww he's really having the time of his life! :cute: I won't lie and say I wouldn't love to dance with Bono sometime. But just being at a concert is enough happiness for me! Great job for all of you who have gotten on stage! And Alli you really do look great up there :). Hope your son is feeling better now.

Last edited:
AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
Hi! :wave:

I was writing up my experience last night when I heard a screeching cry from my son's bedroom....

so we ended up being up all last night due to some kind of virus he caught from the other 16 children he attends preschool with. Anyway, I will write more details very soon. I must get back into the Oakland GA line which, btw, is a complete fiasco. ugh...

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. :hug:

Awh, sorry to hear about your son having caught a virus, Alli.
Hope it's nothing serious and that he'll be better in no time.

So the Oakland GA line for the 1st day was a fiasco?
Why doesn't that surprise me?
Just like I predicted.
Glad I had a seat for the 1st night.
I have GA for tomorrow though.
Guess I'm lucky, since I'll be walking in late without having to wait in line all day.

And for those interested in hearing if there was some-one on stage tonight.

The answer is: :yes:

She was from Kenya.
She was shy at first.
Then Bono lifted her on his back and they piggy back rided for a while.
And here I was thinking he had a bad back.
Clearly singing in the mic didn't go too well.
So that stopped and they walked around the ellipse.
Stood at the tip for a while.
Back to the stage after that.

Miringeltje said:

She was from Kenya.
She was shy at first.
Then Bono lifted her on his back and they piggy back rided for a while.
And here I was thinking he had a bad back.
Clearly singing in the mic didn't go too well.
So that stopped and they walked around the ellipse.
Stood at the tip for a while.
Back to the stage after that.

Awww thanks for sharing that! Seems like it was a really sweet moment :cute:

Don't have the time to go through all the pages on the set list thread... so did Alli have a repeat... I was pulling for her :)

Hi guys....I know that my dance is OLD NEWS :lol: but I did get a new video this morning, from a new angle so I thought I'd share it. (Just fill in , since for some reason posting the address takes it out!)

http://s55. .com/d.aspx?id=08IMC8CFW426U1VM22N06EL8N9

Last edited:
:lol: mine has got to be the oldest news since it was in the beginning of the first leg!
Youre so lucky to get all the footage that you did Jess :yes: I had to dig and dig just for a few pictures and a clip of half the experience. But thats what happens when youre in a sort of nowhere city I guess :shrug:

Bono's Tart said:
I would personally freeze!! and then trip and fall off stage!!

Me too! :reject:

I'm taking 2 signs to Miami and Tampa shows, but i don't know if i could be on stage :giggle:

I'd be happy just to get a pic whith:bono: and a sign:flirt:

Now that We're rested from the cali and vegas shows we can post. :)

Alli was so awesome up there again! Way to go girl! I remember thinking in San jose first leg when you got on stage that you were so cute. So to see it again was very cool indeed. Hanging out in Oakland was so much fun.

Checking flights for Boston shows! We are so gonna freeze. :huh:

To all going to the Florida shows... have a blast!

LATwins said:
Now that We're rested from the cali and vegas shows we can post. :)

Alli was so awesome up there again! Way to go girl! I remember thinking in San jose first leg when you got on stage that you were so cute. So to see it again was very cool indeed. Hanging out in Oakland was so much fun.

Checking flights for Boston shows! We are so gonna freeze. :huh:

To all going to the Florida shows... have a blast!

Hello there LATwins! I think you guys are the twins we met in Boston during the elevation tour. If you are the same girls I'm thinking of then we also hung out in the GA line in Miami that year. Good times. Hope to see you in Boston!

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Tell me about! Today I bought nice warm sweaters because we are gonna freeze while waiting in line! :|

Maybe we should start a bonfire! :lol:

Its not going to be cold!!!
Keep saying its not going to be cold!!!:wink:

We'll practice our Bono dances!!!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom