Bono's Brother?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a picture of Edge and his brother when they were little. SO BLOODY ADORABLE!!

ghj.jpg

here's a very young pic of the Mullen clan...

Bono026.jpg

and one of the Hewson family... Bono was 10... i think his dad really looks like the grown up Bono in this pic...

Bono029.jpg

Galeongirl said:
here's that last one a bit clearer :wink: and yes, his dad looks like Bono pop-ATYCLB era!
and baby Bono :cute: aww
bonofamily3lg.jpg

That's such a cuute pic! :3
I have always wanted to see how Bono looked like when he was 7-12 years old :cute:

Galeongirl said:
here's that last one a bit clearer :wink: and yes, his dad looks like Bono pop-ATYCLB era!
and baby Bono :cute: aww
bonofamily3lg.jpg

Wow! Norman's got a nice, er, package! :giggle:

The pic is from the book "Unforgettable Fire"...it says that Bono is 10 years old in that pic.. which would make Norman 17...

Oh my, Sebastian Clayton is good looking! He looks a lot like Adam.

Norman and Bono both look like their dad as well :yes:

Oh, and Adam is about nine or ten years older than Sebastian, if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
they have the same upside -down smile as someone mentioned :drool: Talk about hot brothers:wink:

I have noticed both Bono and Adam's brother's have a little less hair than their famous siblings! :hmm:

Very cool pictures. I see some resemblence between Bono and Norman... and a HUGE remsemblence between Adam and his! Cool! I'd love to see some pics of Edge's and Larry's family!

kafrun said:
Wow, I'd seen Norman before, but not Sebastian. What a cutie :) Thanks Miroslava!

I have seen pics of Adam's sister when they where kids..in fact I think I have one. I just saw Sebstian(cutie). I have NOT seen a pic of Norman though:( Would you happen to have a pic of Norman kafrun?

Carmelu2fan said:

I have seen pics of Adam's sister when they where kids..in fact I think I have one. I just saw Sebstian(cutie). I have NOT seen a pic of Norman though:( Would you happen to have a pic of Norman kafrun?
Someone already posted pics of Norman on the first page ;)

Sting said:
I have noticed both Bono and Adam's brother's have a little less hair than their famous siblings! :hmm:
Yeah they both got the bad luck of the genetic draw that way, at least if you find a fuller head of hair more attractive. I remember seeing some recent "reunion" photos of the Virgin Prunes in the Irish press back when they re-released their albums last year and Edge's brother was just the opposite, he still had a full head of thick (silvery) hair. They are very different-looking people too; he was nice-looking in a "conventional" sort of way, but quite without the "exotic" long jaw, sharply pointy chin and skull, etc. Similar eyes though.

yolland said:

Yeah they both got the bad luck of the genetic draw that way, at least if you find a fuller head of hair more attractive. I remember seeing some recent "reunion" photos of the Virgin Prunes in the Irish press back when they re-released their albums last year and Edge's brother was just the opposite, he still had a full head of thick (silvery) hair. They are very different-looking people too; he was nice-looking in a "conventional" sort of way, but quite without the "exotic" long jaw, sharply pointy chin and skull, etc. Similar eyes though.

Well. I guess I'm going to have to just see how things go as far as my hair goes! I know my mom's dad wasn't bald, but I don't know my dads family at all, and if brothers from (what I presume by the look of these siblings) the same mothers have different luck for hair than I could too! :| LOl

Any pictures of Dik Evans you can post here yolland?

Not a picture-saving type, sorry. I was somewhat of a Prunes fan and that's the only reason I saw those articles. You can easily enough find (much, much older) pictures of him on their fansite though--the "reunion" ones never got posted, oddly enough. Maybe it's because that site has had security problems (so put your firewall up should you visit it).

Baldness is transmitted strictly through maternal DNA, so you needn't concern yourself with your dad's relatives' hair. And just because your mom's dad or brother or whoever was bald doesn't mean you will be--it just depends on which genes she passed on to you. Lots of people look good bald, anyway--some even look better IMO.

Last edited:
bonofamily3lg.jpg

for some reason, this pic makes me sad. it really does. the tragic double deaths of bono's grandfather and his mother, so soon after.... he says thats worst experience of his life. i'm afraid thats the only pic of iris hewson that will ever be seen. :(

poor bono. he's so hugely famous and the woman who gave birth to him never saw his achievements.

:sad: :sad:

Babydoll said:
bonofamily3lg.jpg

i'm afraid thats the only pic of iris hewson that will ever be seen. :(

Actually, there are a few others floating around. There were at least three different ones in Dunphy's book. I'm sure someone will post them here. She was very pretty in her youth, and Bono has her nose and eyes.

well, actually there's 2 more pics of Iris that i know of... Here's one of them... i think Bono looks alot like her... definitely the nose...

Bono031.jpg

That's one of them. I can think of two others: one of them next to a car, and another that is a pic of her face only.

U2 would not exist and Bono would be Paul Hewson the bricklayer from the Northside of Dublin.

Babydoll said:
i wonder if bono's life would be any different if she were still around... ?

i just meant if he would be looking at the world in a different way, thats all. he had a lot of anger and frusturation going on inside him when his mom died, he says.. if she were still alive, i wonder how things would have gone with him.

Babydoll said:
poor bono. he's so hugely famous and the woman who gave birth to him never saw his achievements.
Yes but on the other hand, he is able to draw upon a kind of idealized and inspired memory of who she was, and that has its own rewards. My father died suddenly on my 16th birthday, and while I often feel sad that he never lived to see his children bloom into adults, nor his beautiful grandchildren, he is remembered by all of us with a kind of unqualified affection that in truth wouldn't have been possible had he lived long enough for us to have had adult realtionships (which always involve some disillusionment and distancing, no matter how close you stay) with him.

On a less thoughtful note, I don't really find random pictures of people taken at one given point in time (usually waaaayyy back) to be very helpful in evaluating who (doesn't) look like who. Both the person being compared, and the person you're comparing them to, change and reveal different aspects of their genes over time. I personally think Bono looks much more like his dad in that restaurant photo just posted, but that wasn't what his dad looked like later, and who knows what his mother might have looked like at 50 or 70 or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom