Bono Still In Nyc....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeez, what a dick-----he seriously claimed to be Bono at the hospital. Here's what my friend replied:

"He claimed to be Bono, not advertised as inpersonator. I don't think an impersonator would be at Walter Reed, than again, it is our government. Who knows. "

That's sick. :yuck:

funny thing happened this past weekend. My girlfriend's mom and aunt went to NYC and while they were standing outside of Macy's they saw a crowd gathering around a guy who looked just like Bono. He was waiting for a ride and eventually turned around and approached them and asked them for the time.

Had to be the fake Bono!

Here's a shot of him at JFK.

PH2007121101817.jpg

Utoo said:
Jeez, what a dick-----he seriously claimed to be Bono at the hospital. Here's what my friend replied:

"He claimed to be Bono, not advertised as inpersonator. I don't think an impersonator would be at Walter Reed, than again, it is our government. Who knows. "

:|

Chalk that one up with the moldy walls and rats then.

Utoo said:

Well, there you have it! This person, theonewhocannotbenamed, keeps on saying he never claims to be Bono but there's just too much evidence to the contrary! It is disgraceful to fool people into believing your somebody your not, and it's obvious this person has no moral fiber what so ever. If I had the money, I'd sue his fake ass!! :madspit:

On a happier note, thanks for all the lovely new pics! :bow: Kelly you're the best!! :hug:

kellyahern said:

I just returned from the airport :)shh: I was in Cologne to see the Springsteen show) and turned on my computer and found these precious pictures. I'm so happy that Bono really seems to go for the shadeless look now, he and Ali look so gorgeous and sweet together, as always. Thanks to everyone who posted pictures. I especially like this one ... you can see his eylashes. :cute:

u2wedge said:

Here's a shot of him at JFK.

PH2007121101817.jpg

When I was 12 I thought it was cool to wear my rubber bracelets and dress like Madonna... now I'm an adult. Does this guy think its Halloween? Pathetic

tbird said:

When I was 12 I thought it was cool to wear my rubber bracelets and dress like Madonna... now I'm an adult. Does this guy think its Halloween? Pathetic

nope unfortunately he does it for a living.. sad ain't it.. And if you go in the thread in this forum about ghost of bono in the airport .. you will see more about him...

Seriously, someone needs to contact Principle and let them know about this. Minor scattered incidents for fun are one thing, but this guy is getting to be quite high-profile and, like it says, he is actually "making a living" and getting freebies off it.

That's bad enough but when it gets to places like Walter Reed, it HAS to stop.

I wouldn't like to see Bono sue anyone but this incident alone would be enough to justify a suit. Politics aside, (and it would be for him a BIG political issue) it implies wading into murky ethical waters.

Teta040 said:
Seriously, someone needs to contact Principle and let them know about this. Minor scattered incidents for fun are one thing, but this guy is getting to be quite high-profile and, like it says, he is actually "making a living" and getting freebies off it.

That's bad enough but when it gets to places like Walter Reed, it HAS to stop.

I wouldn't like to see Bono sue anyone but this incident alone would be enough to justify a suit. Politics aside, (and it would be for him a BIG political issue) it implies wading into murky ethical waters.

I completely agree with everything that has already been said about you-know-who.

I do think that PM needs to put some sort of legal constraint on this guy for his unauthorized impersonation of the B-man, especially the unconscienable impersonation of Bono with these veterans. :madwife:

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere or not, but for the record... published in the Washington Post, so names not redacted.

We should have figured there was a professional Bono impersonator out there! The FauxBono who drew a crowd and posed for pictures at BWI Monday night was Pavel Sfera , a 42-year-old former property manager turned U2 frontman look-alike. He told us yesterday that for years people noticed his resemblance to the Irish rocker (they've never met); he finally decided to go pro (sunglasses, rosary, guitar, stubble) in 2000. "I make a living -- it's a humble one, but a living," said the Los Angeles-based Sfera, who was in D.C. to schmooze the USO and was trying to get permission to visit troops at Walter Reed.

Oh, and Sfera says he never tries to fool anyone, but half the time, people don't believe him when he says he's not Bono: "It's that willful suspension of disbelief." So he usually doesn't say anything -- just poses for pictures, and signs "Love every day" and "Be happy" when asked for an autograph. "I'm very gracious with people."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom