Bono on MTV (and ONE.org) Next Saturday Night !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
last unicorn said:

Okay, wait. That's at 3 a. m. here. Great. :|

I think I'm having a Bono overdose, I need to go into rehab.

Great??!! :huh: I don't think I'm able to stay awake until 3am...(btw, are you sure? Not 4am?)...well I could iron in the meanwhile...I have a heap of things to iron :slant: but I guess my hubby would then take me to the mental insitution right tomorrow :crazy:
Besides, my son doesn't care if tomorrow is SUNDAY and will wake me at the same time for sure...so I guess I have to bank on you again, plebans :bow:

onekea, I meant "Great" in a sarcastic way. Sometimes I hate time differences, but that's just the way it is. And I'm pretty sure it's 3 a. m., it's always 6 hours later than NY.

I don't think I can stay awake that long, unless I go to sleep early, set my alarm clock and make myself some very strong coffee.

Tomorrow is Sunday, the last day before my classes are starting again (October 1), and I really should find a way to concentrate on other things again, this Bono is starting to totally take over my life. :wink:

:help:

looks like it starts at 9pm est online/webcast. And will be broadcast later on MTV... not sure when that will be.

Sep 21, 2007 12:09 PM

September 29 concert and social-change discussion will be webcast live on Think.MTV.com; Keys and Shakira will perform.

by MTVNews

By Think MTV

Bono, Alicia Keys, Shakira, Chris Rock and former President Bill Clinton will take part in a roundtable discussion on the state of youth activism, set to take place September 29 at the legendary Apollo Theater in New York. Keys and Shakira will also perform at the event.

The event, called "Giving - Live at the Apollo," is co-sponsored by MTV and the Clinton Global Initiative, and is being held in conjunction with the Initiative's annual three-day conference in New York. The discussion and concert will be webcast live on Think.MTV.com beginning at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday. A special on the day's event will be broadcast later on MTV, mtvU and MTV Tr3s.

At the roundtable, each individual will discuss their own efforts to bring about social change, and will invite youth around the world to join them in a brand-new initiative — one designed to improve communities here in the U.S. and help people living in the poorest places on the planet. The event will be moderated by MTV News correspondent Sway.

Other sponsors of the event include ONE: The Campaign to Make Poverty History (one.org), a coalition of more than 2.4 million Americans banded together to end to extreme global poverty and preventable disease; "Keep a Child Alive," which provides life-saving AIDS medicines directly to children and families with HIV/AIDS in Africa; and Fundacion ALAS, a coalition of artists, intellectuals and entrepreneurs dedicated to improving the health and education of Latin American children.

Both the discussion and the concert will be webcast live on Think.MTV.com, One.org and KeepAChildAlive.org. A TV special will be broadcast later on MTV, mtvU and MTV Tr3s.

last unicorn said:
onekea, I meant "Great" in a sarcastic way.

I knew it, I knew it :yes: I was also jocking yesterday when I gave you an ironic Guten Morgen at 3 pm :sexywink:
You know, your idea of setting the alarm clock is luring me..I'll give it some thought :hmm: Besides I really would like to see Shakira+Alicia's performance, I like them.

I seem to always be confused..when is this going to be broadcasted? thanks.

I wish Bono and Alicia performed "Don't give up". I just watched their Oprah performance recently and both of them were great and very sweet together. Wouldn't it be great to see and hear Bono perform and sing again?

last unicorn said:

Tomorrow is Sunday, the last day before my classes are starting again (October 1), and I really should find a way to concentrate on other things again, this Bono is starting to totally take over my life. :wink:
:help:

take it so: allow yourself the last memorable drunk before changing back to sober ;)
but honestly I don't think you can't easily reason once bono has taken place in your mind :drool: and on top of that this site has so many wide eyes paying attention on his life that sometimes I feel like he's someone of my family circle...:coocoo:...you see, I can't even argue rationally :help:

Val said:
Are there any PLEBAns going to the city for this?

not actually going...per se.............

but you can bet your sweet " Heart:heart:Land" :laugh: i'll be there outside The Apollo Theater.... to try and SEE Bono through the crowd......got my digital camera with me! :D
.....maybe Shikira too (like what I've heard of her thru a friend), and Pres Clinton < he's tall enough to see :lol:>when they leave!! :hyper: :drool: :drool:

Now..I would have traveled ALL the way up to Harlem from brooklyn :) . I used to live one neighborhood above there and have been in Harlem a whole bunch a times through the decaDES. even before gentrification .

BUT by coincidence... I happen to be visiting a freind i haven't seen in months <talk by e-m> heard her sing in choir < very nice> and now I'm waiting for a Spanish meal :happy:. We set this plaN UP IN AUG.

BUT we're only about 15 block away from the Apollo ! :lol:

SO i hope that'll work out togo over there!

Last edited:
I have a question. I haven't seen any info about this being available online afterwards like the Liberty Medal ceremony so what I'd like to know is if someone is capable of capturing it and uploading it. My problem is that the live stream requires the most recent version of windows media player which I can't load on my system (don't ask, long story). For the liberty medal thing I was able to watch it once it was posted on the abc video on demand section but couldn't watch the live feed. I really hope someone can upload this because from the description I suspect that the MTV broadcast they talk about might be edited down.

Dana

i thought i saw something saying it was going to be replayed right after But it still might be the same problem you are talking about........

good luck!

i ahte it when i go on line and the places don't have the best stuff to do the best or any streaming.... :madspit:

MTV doesn't play for me, I only get a black player and no webcast, but I don't get a message either. :sad:

And I looked around on the one.org site as well and found no webcast either, only the blog.

last unicorn said:
MTV doesn't play for me, I only get a black player and no webcast, but I don't get a message either. :sad:

And I looked around on the one.org site as well and found no webcast either, only the blog.

i couldnt find it either on the one.org site..

Back
Top Bottom