Bono on MTV (and ONE.org) Next Saturday Night !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I almost got to see this while camping Sat nite, but the WiFi connection was messed up. BOY, WAS I MAD. Thanks so much \
BF1 and others for your pics and posted info. I just watched Shakira's performance.
I REALLY want to see the discussion, tho. If anyone finds that it's avail please post link. I am going to do some searching now.

I so agree that Clinton has a crush on Bono!! But then that isn't hard to understand!!! Bono is just adorable.
Wonder why he didn't perform tho. It might have been the right thing to do.:sad:

hcbiggs2002 said:

Thanks Onekea for that short clip. :bow: It made me hungry to see more and sorry for the fact that I missed the whole thing!! :wink:

And thanks to javiu2 for uploading the clip! :wave:

You're welcome!!! ;-)

Teta040 said:
--Shakira is adorable. And what a voice! She'd a fantastic cross between Dolly Parton and Jewel with a splash of salsa. I haven't watched MTV in ages becuase they don't play music anymore, and radio is dross. I think I'll check her out. Recommendations?
I'm madly in love with Shakira. Seriously, when she was dancing during Hips Don't Lie, I pretty much forgot that Bono existed :drool:

I'd definitely recommend her music :) I'd say you should start with Laundry Service, which was her big breakthrough album in America and is mostly in English. Underneath Your Clothes is on that one. I also really like Pies Descalzos, which was one of her earlier Spanish albums.

last unicorn said:
I couldn't see the webcast either. Not because I missed it but because MTV wouldn't let me watch (just listen). :mad:

I hope more videos will appear soon.

I'm still here wondering and thinking about how mad your are! You waited up without being able to watch anything but anyway listening and sharing your feeling with us.
And I was also there just because of you! :bow:
Besides...congrats: I deduced you understand conversational English very well :up: ...I don't. :huh:

Jamila said:

I love your positivity and your thoughtfulness, biff.

Being the starter of this thread and being away for a week on my own personal extraordinary journey, I thought that I would come back in to thank everyONE for keeping this thread alive.

I didn't see anything wrong with that. :shrug:

If a MODERATOR can see anything wrong with my post - please contact me. Otherwise - let's stay on topic.

Have a beautiful day. Please don't let it get away! (I don't)

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Picture237copy.jpg

lolz (again)

hcbiggs2002 said:

So who's the (other!) cutie to the right of Shakira, just for the record like?! :shifty:

He's Chris DeWolfe, one of the creators of MySpace.

onekea said:

I'm still here wondering and thinking about how mad your are! You waited up without being able to watch anything but anyway listening and sharing your feeling with us.
And I was also there just because of you! :bow:
Besides...congrats: I deduced you understand conversational English very well :up: ...I don't. :huh:

When it comes to Bono, I'm MAD beyond expression.

:lol:

I was hyped and I had some days off, besides I really enjoyed the ongoing discussions in the forums, and since hope dies last I decided to stay up and try and maybe be able to watch the whole thing after all.

Anyway, I'll go search for some video footage as soon as I have the time. But since I have my very turbulent first week of fall classes, I don't have much time to do so. However, a sighting of Bono here and there really gives me the energy and strength I need right now.

biff said:

Oh no, really, thank you!

Really? That's just super! We'd all love to hear about your "extraordinary" week.

Although you might need to note that there were others who had a pretty spectacular week as well, maybe even better than you!
(Although that's hard to imagine, given your closeness to Bono and all.)

Anyway, can't wait to hear your story! I'm sure it's just a lesson to all of us about being loving and patient and keeping the needs of others uppermost in our minds.

Right, Jamila?

:yes: :bonodrum: :dancing: :rockon: :pray:

:applaud:

kellyahern said:

The trouble we Plebans could get into with those 2 on a beautiful night in New York....the possibiliites are endless. Someone please take this thought and work some magic over in fanfic.:drool:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

You know, I don´t mean to come off as an aggressive person but it´s just that most of the time you create unnecessary suspense and to be honest, you never really tell us what your "experiences/encounters" were like, and therefore they sound like total bs.

If you really had such a "wonderful weekend", why don´t you share it with us? I don´t see the point in posting such messages if you don´t have facts to back them up.

Niamh, I think that anybody should be free to say that they had a good week without having to tell everybody else WHY their week was extraordinary. I think that people should just be happy for others if their week went well - isn't that what the song means by "carrying each other"? :up:

Some are already ass u ming that they know WHY my week went well and already tearing me up about it, so I really don't think that there's any reason to share more about it.

I figure if people can blast me regarding that statement, then they really don't need any more fuel to ignite their fire - do they?

Whatever info people don't have about what happens in my personal life, then they'll just create to use to attack me with - so why should I share more? (this thread proves my point)

It seems pointless really. :shrug:

As long as you know how your week went and as long as I know how my week went - I guess it's all good.

But I am not stupid and I will not give any U2 fan info that they think that they can recreate and then tear me apart with.

As I have always said, the people that I care about know me and approve of me - and that was rejustified in front of my face last week, no matter which "fan" likes me or doesn't.

On a lighter note, I do appreciate the civil tone of discussion in which you raised your point.

It shows that people can disagree without becoming disagreeable which unfortunately is too frequent in U2 fansites.

:tsk:

Anyway, thanks for all the GREAT pics that everybody posted and I do appreciate everybody keeping this thread going since it focuses on the important things in life - like finding more ways to end extreme poverty.

:bonodrum: :hi5:

Hm. I think I actually still have in my Hotmail files a little piece of fanfic I wrote about meysef and Edge slipping away for a couple hours. It was inspired by some realworld tour incident that did NOT involve me, unfrotunately. Where Edge vanished for a while and no one in the Principle camp could locate him.

I imagined that I had a hand in that disappaerance. I'll look it up if you guys want me to. Don't worry, I do remember that it is PG-rated, b/c I am too shy to reveal my true intentions!:)

Kellyahern, you are a SAINT :up: :up: . Keep it up!

DreamOutLoud, thanks for the Shakira info. I'll defenitely look her up. And print out her pic with Bono too. She's got to be like what, 4''10??? And with that voice! Incredible.

As to my comments earlier.....the problem with me is, I'm 50% Irish and think that way:). I can't help but intellectualize even as I drool. My brain drools even as my tongue does--it has a drool genome. I call this process "going Tolkien." What's a PLEBAN's professional advce for detoxification? How can I pop the cork on the champagne bottle without having to know the vintage.

Unicorn, I see where you're coming from, I'll try to stay on the sidelines...and drool the old fashioned way. :wink:

Maybe we can direct our anger to more urgent issues. Like the fact that Bono's speech in Philly has apparently been heavily censored.

The video of the speech, on the Libertymedal site, has been heavily edited, with many of Bono'more serious statements removed, including all of his remarks about torture.

We all know what speech we saw the other night. It was NOT this one.

We must email the site and tell them this is an outrage and an insult to the winners, as well as all who care aobut a just and free society.

This is the archived version that will be there for a month. No doubt the website will re-edit the print version too, so that, in true Orwellian fashion, history will be rewritten and the truth forgotten forever. I am frantic that the Google version (thanks to whoever uploaded that) will be lost forever.

Can someone put it on a disc for me??

I think the whole speech can still be watched on the abc site (please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm surprised they didn't archive the whole speech on the site of the constitution center. It's always problematic to edit something like that and present it as something that it is not to an audience that doesn't know better.

Btw, Teta, there are two download links for the video and one for the mp3 in this thread, if you want to have the whole speech, because it will only be temporarily available on the web.

People there was not cencorship, the clip that was up originally was the edited highlights clip which it is quite obvious that the whole thing is edited not just Bono's speech. They have changed the site now to have a direct link to the ABC video which has the entire speech. That link was there before but not obvious as you had to click on the abc logo on the side to get to it. They said from the beginning that an edited highlights clip would be available immediately following the speech (which it was) and the complete thing would be archived for a month. They never said how soon the complete clip would be up.

Dana

I just checked the Libertymedal site and the one of the feds still archives the ABC site speech. FYI ,I freaked out because I just read an article by someone who was only for some reason able to see the incomplete clip. My alarm went off b/c I wouldn't be surprised if it WAS censored...considering other things that have been heavily censored in this country recently. I posted before I checked the site.

I know that the Liberty site link will only be up for a month. Um...thank you for whoever put it on Google:bow: :bow .

Problemis, I've only had this laptop a couple months and haven't figured out how to burn anything yet. I'm afriad I'll screw it up...

Any way, Unicorn, I don't know if your DVD configuration is the same as an American one, so my shout-out wouldn't go to you anyway. But thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Jamila said:

Niamh, I think that anybody should be free to say that they had a good week without having to tell everybody else WHY their week was extraordinary. I think that people should just be happy for others if their week went well - isn't that what the song means by "carrying each other"? :up:

Some are already ass u ming that they know WHY my week went well and already tearing me up about it, so I really don't think that there's any reason to share more about it.

I figure if people can blast me regarding that statement, then they really don't need any more fuel to ignite their fire - do they?

Whatever info people don't have about what happens in my personal life, then they'll just create to use to attack me with - so why should I share more? (this thread proves my point)

It seems pointless really. :shrug:

As long as you know how your week went and as long as I know how my week went - I guess it's all good.

But I am not stupid and I will not give any U2 fan info that they think that they can recreate and then tear me apart with.

As I have always said, the people that I care about know me and approve of me - and that was rejustified in front of my face last week, no matter which "fan" likes me or doesn't.

On a lighter note, I do appreciate the civil tone of discussion in which you raised your point.

It shows that people can disagree without becoming disagreeable which unfortunately is too frequent in U2 fansites.

:tsk:

Anyway, thanks for all the GREAT pics that everybody posted and I do appreciate everybody keeping this thread going since it focuses on the important things in life - like finding more ways to end extreme poverty.

:bonodrum: :hi5:

Of course everybody is entitled to let other people know how wonderful their weekend was, but it seems a bit odd and out of place that you mention it in a thread that has nothing to do it. I mean, if you started a thread in, let´s say, the "It's Official" subforum or in a thread where other peeps ramble to their hearts´content, it would be perfectly in context. But by posting about your extraordinary weekend in a thread that has to do with B´s activities, you are implying that what went on during your weekend had something to do with it. You can´t really blame people for being a bit skeptical, can you?

Could we please get this on topic and avoid getting into any fights? Come on, PLEBAns are the sweethearts of the board! :D

Back
Top Bottom