Bono in Berlin today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greety

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
German chancellor assures Bono Africa is on G-8 agenda

BERLIN (AP) — German Chancellor Angela Merkel told U2's Bono on Tuesday that the future of Africa will play a major role when Group of Eight leaders meet in June, the government said.

Bono met Merkel at the chancellery to press his call for the continent to remain high on the agenda of the world's leading industrial countries. Germany, which chairs the G-8, will host their annual summit in the Baltic sea resort of Heiligendamm.

Merkel pledged that Africa will play "an outstanding role," with a focus on issues such as improving the climate for investment, a government spokeswoman said on customary condition of anonymity.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair made debt relief for Africa a key issue when he hosted the G-8 summit in 2005, and has called for a redoubling of momentum this year.

Bono has echoed that call, saying at January's annual meeting of the World Economic Forum: "Africa is this magical, extraordinary continent and we've got to start describing it more as an opportunity than a burden."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2007-04-17-bono-g8_N.htm?csp=34

bonoMerkelBerlin17.jpg

bonoMerkelBerlin17-1.jpg

From Yahoo! News Photos:

German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Bono, lead singer from the band U2, arrive for a photocall at the Chancellery in Berlin April 17, 2007. REUTERS/Hannibal Hanschke (GERMANY)

r65385788.jpg

r3263417166.jpg

r2944961067.jpg

r1394095205.jpg

r2894456867.jpg

r395883506.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the new pictures!
I think it's so great to see that though Bono is there to do political work and has a busy agenda, he still finds some time for fans.

Thank you for posting the pictures! Bono looks like he has been in the sun, his cute freckles are peaking out...
and dang it...he definitely cut his hair again. I was hoping he would grow it out a little bit. :sad:
I'll get over it. Bono with a smile is all I need to see :drool:

BonoFox1 said:

AHHH!! LOVELY!!!! :love:

Thanks so much for these, BonoFox. :wink:

Bono is really looking rested and relaxed which is good for him.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Bono's looking fantastic :drool:

And I dewatermarked a couple of them:

bonoberlinsmilemo5.jpg

bonoberlincarwavevn5.jpg

Actually, I guess I was thanking DreamOutLoud13 for dewatermarking these pics. :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom